MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
pdf reader suggestions? K1llerBlade Computers & Tech 8 01-07-2012 03:49 PM
Headphone Suggestions? MichaelScarn Computers & Tech 19 01-07-2012 03:03 AM
Need New Laptop any suggestions? merc67 Computers & Tech 10 07-28-2011 11:51 AM
Game suggestions The_Silencer Gaming 11 11-24-2008 02:39 PM

Any Suggestions With Reinstatement Please?

Old 02-27-2012 at 01:44 PM   #1
jawwadmq

Liked: 0 Times

Any Suggestions With Reinstatement Please?
Hi guys, i got kicked out of mac two years ago. since then i have completed the civil engineering technician program at mohawk college and worked fr a a civil engineering company for a year in total. when i got kicked out i was in my second year of computer engineering. i always wanted to be an engineer since i was 5 years old however after first year i wasnt sure what i wanted to do so i took computer engineering since i was really awesome at repairing and building computers and troubleshooting and the idea of being able to develop hardware and software was rele exciting however once in computer engineering i hated all my courses. now i wanted to ask if i could apply for reinstatement in to civil engineering or wud i have to apply to computer engineering becasue i rele dont want computer engineering i finished the program at mohawk and loved it and i have some work experience too and im sure i would do great in civil engineering if given the chance. in addition do any of you have any similar experiences with reinstatement in engineering, because i would love some advice. thank you all
Old 02-28-2012 at 11:57 AM   #2
jawwadmq

any responses people?
Old 03-02-2012 at 11:39 PM   #3
liamneeson

Liked: Liked 2 Times

sorry not a lot of responses, but it is a very specific question. Get in touch with the registrar's office as well as your old associate dean's, and they'll definitely help you out!
Best of luck with your dreams
Old 03-03-2012 at 12:27 AM   #4
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Hi jawwadmq,

No one here can really help you unless they had the same situation as you. The best I can tell you is to speak with someone from the associate dean’s office; they are located on the 2nd floor of JHE.

If they reinstate you into engineering, you don’t have to do ece, you can go into any other second year engineering program. However, some programs are more competitive and require a certain gpa. I don’t know if they are going to look at your first year marks and decide, or just place you into a low cut-off program (like the ones that need a 4 and have extra spaces). However, if you do get reinstated into second year engineering, make sure you actually know what the program is about and have deeply looked into it, since you don’t want the same thing happening to you again.

Good luck !
Old 03-03-2012 at 07:16 AM   #5
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

You're best off talking to the civil engineering faculty head. The contact info for civ eng is jhe-301, 905-525-9140 x 24287. Hopefully thats the right place (got it from the website).

After that its a matter of meeting the admissions requirements (its harder to get into engineering if not applying directly out of highschool, and probably equally difficult if you're comming from another university/college). I don't know how reinstatement, but I would phone the registrar, some people on this page, and that civ eng contact above maybe.

The reinstatement form is on this page (not sure if you would be treated as a reinstate-ing person or whether you would have to apply to the program from scratch).

Good luck..
Old 03-03-2012 at 02:10 PM   #6
Reno V

Liked: 38 Times

Yeah, contact Prof. Baetz. He should help you out.
Old 03-04-2012 at 04:40 PM   #7
jawwadmq

thanks guys i really appreciate your responses
Old 03-04-2012 at 07:39 PM   #8
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

Good luck to you sir!