MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OUAC 105 deadline mfattal First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 12-02-2010 08:03 PM
Do we have pay deposit when accepting offer and other OUAC questions dlee First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-15-2010 11:09 AM
Ouac DilC Academics 3 05-25-2010 12:56 AM
Applying for a program problem!? **jewel 03** Academics 4 12-12-2008 06:32 PM
Applying for a JOB!!! ishk33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-17-2008 09:22 PM

applying problem (OUAC 105D)

Old 01-05-2011 at 02:19 PM   #16
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

if my average is 88% for top 6 when do you think I can get acceptence?
Old 01-05-2011 at 02:28 PM   #17
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
Thanks for answering my questions

Nerds have nothing to do then just to check ppls spelling forgot this was a English essay
Enjoy Eng 1P03.

And every lab report.

Old 01-05-2011 at 04:05 PM   #18
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
if my average is 88% for top 6 when do you think I can get acceptence?
For Engineering, I'm sure you will get a acceptance letter with that average.

The real question is, do you want to go to McMaster?

McMaster has a very outdated system to select courses or deal with any other personal information. Enjoy refreshing the page constantly in order to get into MUGSI.

The computer for labs are slow slow slow... I don't know how other Universities have it set up, but the whole shared virtual computer McMaster has is just plain bad.

Just do detail research before you pick your school. It is really hard to transfer out. Some courses might not be compatible. Or even in case of Waterloo, you will have to start back to year 1.
Old 01-05-2011 at 05:29 PM   #19
changturkey

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLN View Post

McMaster has a very outdated system to select courses or deal with any other personal information. Enjoy refreshing the page constantly in order to get into MUGSI.

The computer for labs are slow slow slow... I don't know how other Universities have it set up, but the whole shared virtual computer McMaster has is just plain bad.

Just do detail research before you pick your school. It is really hard to transfer out. Some courses might not be compatible. Or even in case of Waterloo, you will have to start back to year 1.
Why would you have to start back at Year 1 in Waterloo?
Old 01-05-2011 at 07:40 PM   #20
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by changturkey View Post
Why would you have to start back at Year 1 in Waterloo?
My understanding is that they don't have a general first year like we do. They actually go into their specialization right away. Hence the need to take on more courses and would seems like a restart.
Old 01-05-2011 at 08:39 PM   #21
kanishka
winning

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
My understanding is that they don't have a general first year like we do. They actually go into their specialization right away. Hence the need to take on more courses and would seems like a restart.
It's a complicated procedure to transfer to Waterloo Eng even if you have an excellent average. The biggest problem arises because of their co-op structure. They say that only if you have a 4 months co-op experience after 1st year can you transfer to their university + you have to take an additional 2-3 courses.
Old 01-05-2011 at 09:04 PM   #22
kanishka
winning

Quote:

Not fair. You are just pointing out 2 or 3 bad points about Mac. There are way more good things about Mac. Plus, there are new, faster computers at ETB if you really need the speed.

Although, it is true that our Student Information system is bad and co-op program is not well organized.
Old 01-05-2011
manap3000
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-06-2011 at 02:15 AM   #23
mfattal
Elite Member

I liked mac's campus and lots of things about it

How is coop at mac, because its very important that i take coop
Old 01-06-2011 at 03:17 AM   #24
kanishka
winning

Mac doesn't offer much assistance with finding co-op jobs. A lot more companies go to U of Waterloo to recruit students. However my theory is that if you are a good enough student, know your stuff, then you shouldn't have a problem in getting co-op.
Old 01-06-2011 at 05:02 AM   #25
mfattal
Elite Member

does this mean I have to look for a job even though I dont have a degree?
this might make me think of going to Waterloo
Old 01-06-2011 at 06:58 AM   #26
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishka View Post
Not fair. You are just pointing out 2 or 3 bad points about Mac. There are way more good things about Mac. Plus, there are new, faster computers at ETB if you really need the speed.

Although, it is true that our Student Information system is bad and co-op program is not well organized.
I'm being perfectly fair.

All the good and attractive information can be found anywhere. It is harder to find the honest bad one. Campus tour representatives don't exactly point out to you the frustration you will suffer when you start playing around with your student account online...

mfattal.

One more thing to keep in mind is how poor Hamilton is compared to other cities. You will definitely noticed it when shops close earlier for example.

Will that affect the way the co-op system run?

Maybe... It is all my speculation anyway.

Not exactly advertising for Waterloo, but keep in mind of the strict co-op requirement for their engineering degree. They more or less force you to gain some co-op experience in order to get to the next year last I checked.

Which is good, right?

mfattal says thanks to PHLN for this post.
Old 01-06-2011 at 07:10 AM   #27
kanishka
winning

Quote:

All the good and attractive information can be found anywhere. It is harder to find the honest bad one. Campus tour representatives don't exactly point out to you the frustration you will suffer when you start playing around with your student account online...

mfattal.

One more thing to keep in mind is how poor Hamilton is compared to other cities. You will definitely noticed it when shops close earlier for example.

Not exactly advertising for Waterloo, but keep in mind of the strict co-op requirement for their engineering degree. They more or less force you to gain some co-op experience in order to get to the next year last I checked.

Which is good, right?
Not necessarily. Sometimes it can be a big negative as well. My friend is in U of Waterloo and says that because of that particular requirement, a few students cannot go on with their regular academic term, if for any reason you are not able to find yourself a co-op. Yes, the chances of getting a co-op in U of Waterloo are much higher but if for any reason you don't get one, you cannot continue with your academic year unless you satisfy that requirement.
Old 01-06-2011 at 09:35 AM   #28
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishka View Post
Not necessarily. Sometimes it can be a big negative as well. My friend is in U of Waterloo and says that because of that particular requirement, a few students cannot go on with their regular academic term, if for any reason you are not able to find yourself a co-op. Yes, the chances of getting a co-op in U of Waterloo are much higher but if for any reason you don't get one, you cannot continue with your academic year unless you satisfy that requirement.
True, I agree with that note. Though from what I heard, they do make exception for poor economy and such.
Old 01-06-2011 at 02:24 PM   #29
mfattal
Elite Member

Quote:

mfattal.

Which is good, right?

Yes COOP is good

Thanks for pointing the cons because all I heard of where the Pros of mcmaster

I skiped the tour and went with my friends so I dont know what they said lol

Coop is very important for me because my dads company told me If I am able to get 2 years experience I will get a job right away but with out coop I am going to have a hard time

My friends told me how unpleasant Hamilton can be at times but when I visited Mcmaster with my friends it seemed pretty nice