A much earlier post on here asked to have a list of cool/interesting places to visit in Hamilton. Maybe going out and seeing some of Hamilton with a group of friends will help you see for yourself what Hamilton is like outside the 'Mcmaster Bubble' and then you can judge for yourself what you think of our city. (personally I love it!)
So here goes.....
Locke St South
- AKA 'The antique district'. There are lots of cool shops/restaurants and they even have a yearly festival! http://www.lockestreetfestiv al.com/
James St. Art Crawl
- SO MUCH FUN!... It happens the second Friday of every month all along Locke Street North (just past king). It's free and basically there are a bunch of art galleries open from ~7pm-11pm and you can walk in and out and talk to the local artists and see what they've got.
- we are 'the city of waterfalls'....
- In Jackson Square mall. It's huge and there is tons of delicious food! Westdale (in the Subway/My Dog Joe's Parking lot) also has had some local produce stands open on Saturday mornings until 1pm throughout the summer. Hopefully they continue into the fall!
- Starting from Princess point you can bike or walk along the shoreline path to the Harbour. It's very nice, and the have lights all along the path if you want to go at night.
At the harbourfront they also have the discovery centre (http://www.pc.gc.ca/canada/decouvert...ry/index_e.asp
) and dinner/dance boat cruises (http://www.hamiltonwaterfron t.com/hhcaboutus.php)
- Hamilton has a lot of museums and historical sites. Some museums are even free for Mac students this year!
- Watch our football team the Ticats play a game! (www.ticats.ca
That's just a handful to get you started, I'm sure there is much more you can add... also check out Pop the Bubble (http://macpopthebubble.wordp ress.com/
) for more events and contact the SCSN (Student Community Support Network) if you want to get involved volunteering with your community.