MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1BR 2 people apart kyrios91 Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 1 05-16-2010 08:33 PM
Recent Study - Beautiful women can actually be bad for a man’s health darklink121 Dating & Relationships 13 05-10-2010 12:50 AM
People keep telling me something. lawleypop General Discussion 14 11-04-2009 05:45 PM
Fireworks: Beautiful but Deadly? jhan523 General Discussion 22 07-03-2009 01:25 AM

The Beautiful People

Old 01-31-2009 at 04:33 AM   #1
kokosemara

Liked: 0 Times

The Beautiful People
There is a reason why my posters have so much white space. For one, it looks nice, but more importantly, it encourages vandalism.

This was a test for the McMaster student populace (in whom I had little faith), to strut their stuff. I was going to save this until the end of the campaign but who cares.

I'm sure there are more than the ones I post here, I haven't walked by all of the posters since I put them up.

"Ok..." In response to : Smash Boredom
Along with the writing, the person ripped half the sign, leaving just "Smash". I don't know what the person's intent was. Depending on what they meant, they are either my most or least favourite person on campus.

"No." In response to: I know that you know what I mean.
Unfortunate.

"Desperate for attention" In response to: Coming Soon: Charming Ruins.
Uninteresting, either the person possesses the caustic wit of a 13 year old or this is some sort of high irony that I don't get.

"Why?" In response to: Incite yourself.
A good question. Why should you? Well I don't know who you are or what position you're in, but possible reasons would be: frustration with the administration, frustration with the MSU, frustration with the student body, anger ventilation, boredom, tired of being languid, I don't know.

"Yes you do" In response to: If I don't have your vote then I don't want it.
Out all of these, this one by far infuriates me the most. One of my biggest peeves is being called a liar when I'm being 100% truthful. I really don't want your vote if you already don't want to vote for me. I used to believe that I could talk anyone out of an invalid position into a better one but I learned that sometimes people just can't change. It would be terrible if you voted for me for the wrong reasons. I'd much rather you vote for someone else.

"I will because you're my favourite" (or something similar) In response to: Incite yourself.
I love you.

Last edited by kokosemara : 01-31-2009 at 04:39 AM.

deadpool, monkeywrench all say thanks to kokosemara for this post.
Old 01-31-2009 at 12:00 PM   #2
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times

speak about being needy for attention Boohoo, ppl wroted on my posters and it wasn't exciting. Well what do you expect? Those of us with lives and marginal intelligence are too busy with everything else than defacing campus posters. And if I wanted to talk to you that badly, I would do it in an adult way, like say, contacting you. The message: don't expect the most intellingent responses when the medium you're expecting them in requires the responder to be silly enough to deface a poster.
Old 01-31-2009 at 12:26 PM   #3
steps2health
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
speak about being needy for attention Boohoo, ppl wroted on my posters and it wasn't exciting. Well what do you expect? Those of us with lives and marginal intelligence are too busy with everything else than defacing campus posters. And if I wanted to talk to you that badly, I would do it in an adult way, like say, contacting you. The message: don't expect the most intellingent responses when the medium you're expecting them in requires the responder to be silly enough to deface a poster.
the is such a perfect response!
Old 01-31-2009 at 02:34 PM   #4
kokosemara

Quote:
haha, oh wow.

no comment.
Old 01-31-2009 at 02:45 PM   #5
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosemara View Post
There is a reason why my posters have so much white space. For one, it looks nice, but more importantly, it encourages vandalism.

This was a test for the McMaster student populace (in whom I had little faith), to strut their stuff. I was going to save this until the end of the campaign but who cares.

I'm sure there are more than the ones I post here, I haven't walked by all of the posters since I put them up.

"Ok..." In response to : Smash Boredom
Along with the writing, the person ripped half the sign, leaving just "Smash". I don't know what the person's intent was. Depending on what they meant, they are either my most or least favourite person on campus.

"No." In response to: I know that you know what I mean.
Unfortunate.

"Desperate for attention" In response to: Coming Soon: Charming Ruins.
Uninteresting, either the person possesses the caustic wit of a 13 year old or this is some sort of high irony that I don't get.

"Why?" In response to: Incite yourself.
A good question. Why should you? Well I don't know who you are or what position you're in, but possible reasons would be: frustration with the administration, frustration with the MSU, frustration with the student body, anger ventilation, boredom, tired of being languid, I don't know.

"Yes you do" In response to: If I don't have your vote then I don't want it.
Out all of these, this one by far infuriates me the most. One of my biggest peeves is being called a liar when I'm being 100% truthful. I really don't want your vote if you already don't want to vote for me. I used to believe that I could talk anyone out of an invalid position into a better one but I learned that sometimes people just can't change. It would be terrible if you voted for me for the wrong reasons. I'd much rather you vote for someone else.

"I will because you're my favourite" (or something similar) In response to: Incite yourself.
I love you.
cool story bro'
Old 01-31-2009 at 03:14 PM   #6
kokosemara

/v/irgins? in MY macinsiders?
Old 01-31-2009 at 03:14 PM   #7
Strongwiller

Quote:
I don't get it ???
Old 01-31-2009 at 06:18 PM   #8
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongwiller View Post
I don't get it ???
Well, no, there are certain kinds of humor that only some people get...although I don't think I was too subtle...:nerdpleased :
Old 01-31-2009 at 09:07 PM   #9
kokosemara

No man, you've definitely outsmarted yourself in that post.
Old 02-01-2009 at 12:55 PM   #10
Strongwiller

If i was in Mcmaster University, I would definitely give my vote to Kokosemera.