MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Test For Engineers????????? ninjamachete First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 90 09-08-2010 02:35 PM
G test - Hamilton Mac12 Automotive & Transportation 18 05-13-2010 07:07 PM
G- Test Cassanova Automotive & Transportation 25 04-16-2010 10:43 AM
test poll kevinf Gaming 0 12-19-2009 10:52 AM
Bio 1A03 Test # 1! ~*Sara*~ General Discussion 9 10-09-2009 10:15 AM

BIO 1A03 Lab Test

Old 11-25-2010 at 03:08 PM   #16
marcie

Liked: 119 Times

If I'm not mistaken, questions about the formal lab results (if any) were general, i.e. what is the effect of dilution on a bacterial sample, how to calculate cfu/ml, how to find the ring of inhibition, etc. They cannot ask you any specific questions on your results, considering every group did something slightly different (like adding ethanol to the bacterial sample vs. heating it up in the microwave). So you shouldn't have to worry about messing up the lab. Just know the general pattern of what was supposed to happen. Any specific questions they ask you will be straight from the procedure, or they will repeat questions from the pre-lab quizzes (study those).

The best advice I can give is to put absolutely everything you can think of, even the most obscure details like catalogue numbers, into your lab notebook. It's tedious, but you'll be prepared for whatever they throw at you. good luck! (but seriously, its an easy test)

REPLEKIA/. says thanks to marcie for this post.
Old 11-25-2010 at 09:04 PM   #17
AngusLee

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcie View Post
If I'm not mistaken, questions about the formal lab results (if any) were general, i.e. what is the effect of dilution on a bacterial sample, how to calculate cfu/ml, how to find the ring of inhibition, etc. They cannot ask you any specific questions on your results, considering every group did something slightly different (like adding ethanol to the bacterial sample vs. heating it up in the microwave). So you shouldn't have to worry about messing up the lab. Just know the general pattern of what was supposed to happen. Any specific questions they ask you will be straight from the procedure, or they will repeat questions from the pre-lab quizzes (study those).

The best advice I can give is to put absolutely everything you can think of, even the most obscure details like catalogue numbers, into your lab notebook. It's tedious, but you'll be prepared for whatever they throw at you. good luck! (but seriously, its an easy test)
I really hope it's not too challenging. I've been trying to keep on top of my labbook notes. I just hope it'll be enough to do well.
Old 11-25-2010 at 09:14 PM   #18
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusLee View Post
I really hope it's not too challenging. I've been trying to keep on top of my labbook notes. I just hope it'll be enough to do well.
Conversations I have had with the upper years since I started this thread give me the impression that if you understood why you did things in the experiment you will do well. This test mainly is to weed out the large contingent of people who walk into the lab every two weeks with no write up and no understanding of what the lab hopes to accomplish. If you truly have been keeping up on your notebook you should do perfectly fine.