Trouble focussing? Alchemist11 Body & Food 6 01-11-2011 08:17 PM
Course trouble... Phillykae Academics 1 06-15-2010 12:09 PM
ELM Trouble All Over Again mike_302 Academics 14 01-08-2010 01:52 PM

Blackberry Trouble

Old 05-18-2011 at 01:23 AM   #16
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 68 Times

Blackberry is so over-rated, everybody jumped on the Blackberry boat few years ago and now people are realizing how much they suck. lol

santiagoeb likes this.
Old 05-18-2011 at 01:41 AM   #17
sinnersdrown

Liked: 89 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeboi7 View Post
Blackberry is so over-rated, everybody jumped on the Blackberry boat few years ago and now people are realizing how much they suck. lol
Not entirely true, mine is in perfect condition and I've had it for about a year. But I did jump onto the boat like you said Don't regret my decision in any way.
Old 05-18-2011 at 01:45 AM   #18
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

Blackberries are fine. Android, apple all appeal to different preferences.

The phrase "blackberries suck" is your bias.

I always encourage diversity because it creates competition which lowers market prices. Cept Apple, they will always be tight asses and charge you high prices and sell you an image.

J. Dorey likes this.
Old 05-18-2011 at 01:48 AM   #19
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 68 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnersdrown View Post
Not entirely true, mine is in perfect condition and I've had it for about a year. But I did jump onto the boat like you said Don't regret my decision in any way.
Yea, some people just take care of their things well. But still, for their price I expect less people complaining about their bb.
Old 05-18-2011 at 01:50 AM   #20
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

I thought blackberries were pretty cheap o_o
Old 05-18-2011 at 02:00 AM   #21
sinnersdrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusenik View Post
They're cheap if you get roped into a 3 year contract like I did. Otherwise, it's a good couple hundreds to dish out.
Old 05-18-2011 at 02:01 AM   #22
sinnersdrown

Quote:
Yea, some people just take care of their things well. But still, for their price I expect less people complaining about their bb.
I try to take care of mine but I'm so clumsy that I end up dropping it almost every time I walk. But to be honest, I have no scratches on it and have a flimsy case to protect it.
Old 05-18-2011 at 02:08 AM   #23
pavlov

Liked: 72 Times

Sorry OP but I have yet to encounter such a problem with my 7 years of using BB phones. I suggest you do a firmware update/reboot as someone has already mentioned.

Quote:
Typical BB hating response lol. There will always be this debate while both RIM and Apple compete for market share. The main point to remember is that the BBs were originally developed as a business tool and that is their main selling point. Having owned four BBs (7100t Charm, 8100 Pearl, 8900 Curve, 9700 Bold) I feel that they have fulfilled their goal and continue to operate in the way they are designed to.

Point is the typical consumer views the Iphone, BB or any other smartphone as just that, a phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusenik View Post
If your referring to as cheap in terms of build, then your very wrong. I have dropped my BBs probably over 50 times (4 phones over 7 years) and I have yet to have one stop functioning on me. Sadly I cannot say the same thing for an Iphone as I have replace many Iphone screen for friends due to a single drop cracking the screen.

In terms of pricing, I guess it is one of those products that isn't charged up the arse by paying for an image or "trend".

Last edited by pavlov : 05-18-2011 at 02:15 AM.

AmyLia says thanks to pavlov for this post.
Old 05-18-2011 at 02:14 AM   #24
pavlov

Double post.
Old 05-18-2011 at 07:23 AM   #25
AmyLia

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dorey View Post
So I have the Blackberry Curve 8520, and it's been acting really strange lately. Every so often, the light on the top right will stay red, and within second the screen will go black and the entire phone will shut off. But, after a few seconds, the screen will show an hour-glass symbol, will flash white, attempt to turn back on (with the light becoming red again), and then will just go back to the black screen. To get it to turn back on, I have to unplug the battery, and try to restart it that way roughly 4 or 5 times, and the only way it will stay on for more than 15 minutes is if I automatically plug it in. Anyone have any suggestions/ideas about what could be wrong?

I have the exact same blackberry and I've never had any major issues with it (the camera wouldn't zoom once so I did a battery pull and it's never had the problem again)...I've heard many people ***** about their blackberries and my question to you all is this: have you actually been taking care of it? It's an operating system...it needs to be maintained!! And most importantly it needs to be updated every once in a while. With this phone, I wouldn't go all the way to the 6.0 OS but it works very well under the last version of 5. The first was a little rocky...sorta slow sometimes.

I've heard a lot of people say that they'd rather switch to iPhone or Android after experiencing Blackberry but I really don't think they truly gave it a chance. Personally I wouldn't give up my bb for a thousand Androids...And I hate Apple so the iPhone's not even in the running...

Old 05-18-2011 at 07:35 AM   #26
AmyLia

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dorey View Post
Yeah, I am the opposite. I have to charge mine at least twice every day! It's ridiculous. Hopefully it isn't too much to upgrade with Telus..

In regards to charging, there's a right way and a wrong way to do this with anything, not just phones. If you wana maintain your battery life (and sometimes prolong it as well) you've gota let your phone drain entirely (or at least until the radio signal switches off auto) and then TURN IT OFF and charge it. If you charge it while it's on, you'll lose battery life as time goes on. Mine's a year old and it still carries 2.5 days worth of charge (which compared to most people's is impressive, I've heard).
In all fairness, I'm not really a talk-on-the-phone kinda person but I do send and receive upwards of 1000 txts per day usually. And of course, emails and Wifi so I cannot say I'm not pleased with my battery given the circumstances.
Old 05-18-2011 at 09:14 AM   #27
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLia View Post
In regards to charging, there's a right way and a wrong way to do this with anything, not just phones. If you wana maintain your battery life (and sometimes prolong it as well) you've gota let your phone drain entirely (or at least until the radio signal switches off auto) and then TURN IT OFF and charge it. If you charge it while it's on, you'll lose battery life as time goes on.
A lot of this only applies to NiCd batteries, which are pretty archaic battery technology. Newer stuff (pretty much everything we use today including probably all blackberries) use lithium-ion, which has built in over-charge protection and no memory effect (NiCd would form 'bubbles' on the charge surface if not discharged all the way, which reduced the overall area to hold charge - lithium-ion does not suffer from this).

AmyLia says thanks to Ownaginatios for this post.

RyanC likes this.
Old 05-18-2011 at 09:49 AM   #28
SydVicious
Account Locked

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlov View Post
Sorry OP but I have yet to encounter such a problem with my 7 years of using BB phones. I suggest you do a firmware update/reboot as someone has already mentioned.

Typical BB hating response lol. There will always be this debate while both RIM and Apple compete for market share. The main point to remember is that the BBs were originally developed as a business tool and that is their main selling point. Having owned four BBs (7100t Charm, 8100 Pearl, 8900 Curve, 9700 Bold) I feel that they have fulfilled their goal and continue to operate in the way they are designed to.

Point is the typical consumer views the Iphone, BB or any other smartphone as just that, a phone.

If your referring to as cheap in terms of build, then your very wrong. I have dropped my BBs probably over 50 times (4 phones over 7 years) and I have yet to have one stop functioning on me. Sadly I cannot say the same thing for an Iphone as I have replace many Iphone screen for friends due to a single drop cracking the screen.

In terms of pricing, I guess it is one of those products that isn't charged up the arse by paying for an image or "trend".
your point would have some validity if I didn't see the sluttiest, most ditzy girls using them lol.
Old 05-18-2011 at 11:17 AM   #29
pavlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydVicious View Post
your point would have some validity if I didn't see the sluttiest, most ditzy girls using them lol.
Well said however I am sure those slutty, ditzy girls have absolutely no clue about the power of a BB and are simply texting or BBMing lol
Old 05-18-2011 at 11:23 AM   #30
Undercover

Liked: 0 Times

You might not have updated your black berry. You're supposed to do it at least once a month, they should have given you a cd with yours phone, you need to use the blackberry desktop to make sure all the updates are in. It seems that it might be a little late for your phone so the best thing to do is go to the place you got the phone and ask them to fix it.