MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cancelled courses MacJk First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 03-17-2013 09:33 PM
Cancelled Three Courses First Semester... How will that affect my future? dalung Academics 11 12-27-2012 06:21 PM
Is having a lot of cancelled courses on your transcript bad? CAHopeful Academics 7 06-26-2011 11:40 PM
how do summer courses affect your gpa otieno Academics 3 05-30-2011 08:18 PM
cancelled courses on transcript? misterp Academics 3 10-20-2009 11:29 PM

How are cancelled courses will affect my transcripts,etc?

Old 12-27-2013 at 08:45 PM   #1
keiser=)

Liked: 12 Times

How are cancelled courses will affect my transcripts,etc?
Hey MI users,

What are the effects of cancelled courses on my transcript?, is it gonna affect my cumulative GPA in any way? Is it better to have cancelled courses than failed courses and repeat courses that you failed? In employment aspect, will the prospective employers be picky about this stuff?

The reasons that I start this thread is I feel uncertain and underwhelmed about my current GPA. In this matter, I feel the need to take extra easier courses that are beyond my degree. I hope that by taking extra courses will hopefully make my GPA good enough to get into Graduate School, more likely to get hire in a job that I want (using the experience and knowledge I obtain from my degree) or probably get a 2nd degree if that's the only option.

So guys, I am hoping for advice, insights, or suggestions about this matter. Thank you! (I am 3rd year student by the way).
Old 12-27-2013 at 09:14 PM   #2
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

My advisor once told me that dropping a course is much better than failing it. Failing courses affect your gpa but dropping a course won't have any negative impact on your gpa.

Always take something that interests you and something that you know you can do well in (something within your power, not something you know you won't do well in, but you want to take it to impress an employer).

Regarding graduate school, you have to check with them and see what their requirements are. Some graduate schools look at your last 2 years, others look only at your last year.

tl;dr: take interesting courses that you can do well in to succeed in university.

keiser=) says thanks to jim1 for this post.

keiser=) likes this.