MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Choosing Professors Jason036 Academics 9 08-08-2010 02:16 PM
choosing labs and tutorials DMe3 Academics 4 06-25-2010 09:45 AM
Reasons for choosing Mac Connor_92 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 34 04-07-2010 09:00 PM
Need Help Choosing Courses ThatGuy Academics 3 06-22-2009 11:15 PM
Choosing First Year Rez bhaley General Discussion 3 05-13-2009 12:03 PM

choosing tutorials on SOLAR

Old 06-07-2010 at 07:58 PM   #1
danallan

Liked: 27 Times

choosing tutorials on SOLAR
so i'm finally getting around to course selection because the 8:30 am is not friendly to those who work (but that's another story),

i swear i used to be able to pick the tutorial times i wanted at this point of course selection (i at least was for sure able to last year), am i not able to do that any more?
i have two classes i need to pick tutorials for, is there another date when i do that?
Old 06-07-2010 at 08:12 PM   #2
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Wednesday, August 11th would be the date you're looking for. You'll have your timetable and can make changes as you see fit to cores/tutorials/labs.

danallan says thanks to eullwm for this post.

danallan likes this.
Old 06-07-2010 at 08:14 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by danallan View Post
so i'm finally getting around to course selection because the 8:30 am is not friendly to those who work (but that's another story),

i swear i used to be able to pick the tutorial times i wanted at this point of course selection (i at least was for sure able to last year), am i not able to do that any more?
i have two classes i need to pick tutorials for, is there another date when i do that?
Only some classes allow you to pick sections so early. The majority do not for ease of sectioning. You pick your sections when SOLAR reopens sometime in August, check the homepage for the exact date.

danallan says thanks to jhan523 for this post.

danallan likes this.
Old 06-07-2010 at 08:16 PM   #4
danallan

Liked: 27 Times

thanks!

i guess i just got lucky last year
Old 06-07-2010 at 11:25 PM   #5
kohmx

Liked: 0 Times

so, august 11th is for everyone to change their tutorials?
Old 06-07-2010 at 11:32 PM   #6
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohmx View Post
so, august 11th is for everyone to change their tutorials?
Not everyone. August 11th is if you're already registered and your fees are paid by the 10th. After that, there are two others days: August 16 and 17. The 17th is when it will be open to everybody, with no strings attached.

danallan says thanks to eullwm for this post.
Old 06-07-2010 at 11:55 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by eullwm View Post
Not everyone. August 11th is if you're already registered and your fees are paid by the 10th. After that, there are two others days: August 16 and 17. The 17th is when it will be open to everybody, with no strings attached.
It's not that you've paid your fees, it's that you've accepted the payment agreement.

danallan says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 06-08-2010 at 12:00 AM   #8
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Wow, August 11th is gonna be yet another crazy MUGSI/SOLAR day... why do they do this? Have it over with once and for all

danallan likes this.