MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
which classes start this week second year Electrical Engineering? SmSm Academics 5 09-08-2010 09:17 PM
What are the chances I can get into Psych 1X03 before classes start? oranges First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 09-08-2010 01:07 PM
when does classes start? Imtiaz Academics 12 09-04-2010 09:37 PM
First day of classes...what do you do in between classes? like 1hour breaks? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 08-22-2010 08:12 PM
Thursday classes, can i skip it? kenvin100 Academics 17 09-04-2008 03:17 PM

Classes Start Thursday September 10th

Classes Start Thursday September 10th

Just a few things to remember with classes starting on Thursday:

Class Location
Do you know where your classes are? Jeremy Han compiled a list of all of the building acronyms on campus to try and help everyone out. Print off a map or grab a miniature copy of one from the library. And when in doubt...ask! Reps will be wearing their suits on Thursday and Friday so don't be afriad to ask them for help, that's why they're here!

Books

Have you bought your textbooks yet? You can choose to buy your books from Titles, You can also buy books from upper years (and at a much cheaper price)! Check out Undercovers, Facebook listings, the MacInsiders Marketplace or even asking some of your reps! Please remember to post textbook listings in the Marketplace and not in the forums!

Sidewalk Sale

Check out the sidewalk sale and gets lots of free stuff! It runs from 9am-3pm

Faculty Night
Each Faculty does something different, but all of the students who go have fun! The fun starts at around 5pm and lasts until about midnight. Wanna know what you're doing? Ask one of your reps!

Insurance
Have you opted out of the MSU Insurance plan? The deadline is September 30th.

1280 is officially open! Check out their new menu, and don't forget to bring your MacInsiders exclusive coupon valid until September 13th! Look out for the 1280 Promotions Coordinator, who is also giving out 10% off vouchers for you and a friend. Don't forget that a bunch of MI members and Insiders Agents are going to be meeting up on Friday to have dinner. The more the merrier!

Welcome Week 2009 is starting to draw to a close. :( There are still TONS of ways to get out there and meet people and cheer on your res/SOCS and Faculty and help them win the Welcome Week cups! Don't forget about Shinerama on Saturday as well as IRC Bedraces on Sunday before the WW Cup is awarded!
Published by
MacInsiders VP

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 09-09-2009 at 08:24 AM   #2
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
I'm so excited. I love being in a classroom. xD

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-09-2009 at 09:22 AM   #3
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times
Awesomee. I have biology first, yay! I'm actually excited to go back to school this year.

Old 09-09-2009 at 12:34 PM   #4
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times
I miss having a quiet student centre :(

Old 09-09-2009 at 01:20 PM   #5
feonateresa
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
I miss having a quiet student centre :(
I know... it's a madhouse in the like courtyard area & inside. @[email protected]

Old 09-09-2009 at 04:12 PM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
Classes start on Monday for me! Suckas!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-09-2009 at 04:16 PM   #7
MDCL

Liked: 29 Times
Didn't get the notice?

Those who don't have a scheduled class/lab/tutorial this thursday or friday are required to attend a mandatory 3 hr lecture in T28 on 'The pros and cons of creating extra long weekends with their schedule"

Kevin S likes this.

Old 09-09-2009 at 04:21 PM   #8
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times
Yeah, I got that e-mail today as well.

Old 09-09-2009 at 04:25 PM   #9
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCL View Post
Didn't get the notice?

Those who don't have a scheduled class/lab/tutorial this thursday or friday are required to attend a mandatory 3 hr lecture in T28 on 'The pros and cons of creating extra long weekends with their schedule"
But I'm sure my four-day weekend will be put into good use each and every week!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-09-2009 at 06:20 PM   #10
McIntyre

Liked: 173 Times
Hey! Just so any first years in Psych 1X03 know - tutorials do not start until next Monday (Sept 14) ! There are no Thursday/Friday tutorials this week. The first web module (online lecture) is already available at elm.mcmaster.ca but you have a week free of tutorial this week!

Old 09-09-2009 at 06:30 PM   #11
MDCL

Liked: 29 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McIntyre View Post
Hey! Just so any first years in Psych 1X03 know - tutorials do not start until next Monday (Sept 14) ! There are no Thursday/Friday tutorials this week. The first web module (online lecture) is already available at elm.mcmaster.ca !
This PSA has been brought to you by the makers of Sailor's Sun Tan Lotion...don't go out without seamen on your body!

Old 09-09-2009 at 08:14 PM   #12
feonateresa
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McIntyre View Post
Hey! Just so any first years in Psych 1X03 know - tutorials do not start until next Monday (Sept 14) ! There are no Thursday/Friday tutorials this week. The first web module (online lecture) is already available at elm.mcmaster.ca but you have a week free of tutorial this week!
Okay so... since the core is acting as the tutorial, that means there's nothing this week, just an online lecture? I think you should (if you haven't already) post a thread about this, since I know most people don't know.

Old 09-09-2009 at 09:34 PM   #13
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times
WOOT FACULTY NIGHT!!! Science peeps (including kin), meet in front of Ivor Wynn [the old gym beside the new gym (DBAC)] to get on the busses!

woot

woot

woot

annnnnnnnd a yay!

Old 09-10-2009 at 12:28 AM   #14
crazytown

Liked: 0 Times
I always get confused when it comes to labs/tutorials during the first week. I've got a STATS lab tomorrow morning at 8:30, is that a go?

Old 09-10-2009 at 12:29 AM   #15
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazytown View Post
I always get confused when it comes to labs/tutorials during the first week. I've got a STATS lab tomorrow morning at 8:30, is that a go?
No, you don't go to your tutorials/labs. You'll be instructed when to go by your prof. in your first class.

crazytown says thanks to Kevin S for this post.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search