MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone Commuting to Mac? recos First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 33 09-30-2010 11:26 PM
First day of classes...what do you do in between classes? like 1hour breaks? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 08-22-2010 08:12 PM
Commuting first year? dreamer21 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 07-08-2010 09:50 AM
Commuting MrSmith First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-24-2009 08:35 AM
Solar - new downtime scheduled from 8:30-10:30 ferreinm Academics 4 06-17-2008 12:22 PM

Commuting and Downtime Between Classes

Old 06-22-2010 at 03:14 PM   #16
vkozina

Liked: 6 Times

Even though I live about a 20 min walk from most of my classes, I opt to stay on campus most of the time. I usually bring my laptop and catch up on shows when I don't have any assignments, if not I work on assignments.
Old 06-22-2010 at 03:18 PM   #17
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkozina View Post
Even though I live about a 20 min walk from most of my classes, I opt to stay on campus most of the time. I usually bring my laptop and catch up on shows when I don't have any assignments, if not I work on assignments.
I'm about a 10 minute walk, I've spent all my free time in MUSC. I usually do the same, download shows or do homework.
Old 06-22-2010 at 03:34 PM   #18
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I'm actually going to play devil's advocate here and say that breaks are a chance to socialize. I recommend rounding up a regular hangout spot, a posse and just drop by and see who's free at certain times of the day. You'll get very close to a larger group of people than might normally be possible since you have small group exposure to various mixes of people. (ie. usually if you have a group of say, 15, 20 friends, you get to know 4 of them really well and 16 kind of enh)

Remember that university is an experience...not simply a means of improving yourself academically. Don't miss out on all the good times if you don't have to.

Just don't get carried away and socialize during the day, at night, and during the weekend, etc.

Jellybeanz says thanks to Mowicz for this post.

jhan523 likes this.
Old 06-22-2010 at 04:24 PM   #19
Jellybeanz

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani.garc View Post
You'll find that kin kids always hang out in either DBAC (upstairs at the Tim Hortons) or IWC (in the Mezz) between classes. That's our "home base". Hope that helps.
Haha, good to know!
Old 06-23-2010 at 08:47 PM   #20
meena101

Liked: 4 Times

if you commute make sure your classes are bundled together you don't want 3 hour breaks; people say study but i mean it makes more sense to have your classes alll together andthen out of the way