MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Attending Classes You're Not Enroled In Quiver Academics 18 08-06-2012 04:11 AM
You opinion on attending classes with... Cliu91 Academics 6 10-13-2010 11:24 AM
Summer classes khaotic First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 03-24-2009 06:52 AM
Computer Science (I) Complications georgeb.1990 Academics 7 07-29-2008 05:43 PM
Rez application complications Chala Residence & Housing 18 05-28-2008 08:50 AM

complications from attending summer classes?

Old 08-25-2012 at 12:46 AM   #1
Kevinabrahak

Liked: 8 Times

complications from attending summer classes?
I was unable to register for an elective ( ECON ) for level 2 and so i've decided to complete it during summer of next yeat (2013). However, i am not sure how it really works.

(***: important )

***#By when must I apply for the course online through SOLAR?
#When would the grades for the course be out if I complete it during summer (ex: Term 1)?
#Would attending a course during summer affect my eligibility into 3rd year ( considering its only an elective).
***#Would I have to wait for the results before I register for courses online for the next year (3rd year through SOALR).

I know of some who had to wait for their summer course results before they could apply for their following year courses through SOLAR?

help me out here !!
thanks
Old 08-25-2012 at 08:34 AM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinabrahak View Post
I was unable to register for an elective ( ECON ) for level 2 and so i've decided to complete it during summer of next yeat (2013). However, i am not sure how it really works.

(***: important )

***#By when must I apply for the course online through SOLAR?
#When would the grades for the course be out if I complete it during summer (ex: Term 1)?
#Would attending a course during summer affect my eligibility into 3rd year ( considering its only an elective).
***#Would I have to wait for the results before I register for courses online for the next year (3rd year through SOALR).

I know of some who had to wait for their summer course results before they could apply for their following year courses through SOLAR?

help me out here !!
thanks
1. Check the deadline on the registrar's website.
2. Again, check on the registrar's website.
3. No.
4. No, unless it is a prereq.

Kevinabrahak says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 08-25-2012 at 11:53 AM   #3
apples12

Liked: 91 Times

Call the econ office... they may be able to open up a space for you.

Kevinabrahak says thanks to apples12 for this post.
Old 08-25-2012 at 11:57 AM   #4
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

Keep an eye on the Sessional dates (u can see summer at bottom)

1) You have until May 10 for term 1 and June 28 for term 2 for registration in SS. SOLAR will prolly be open for registration 3 week after term 2 of regular skool starts.

2) Grades may take some time, depending on the proff. My proff for SS music put up the grades in 2 days, whereas my econ (2H03) proff took a couple of weeks (2- 3 weeks tops)

3) Nope

4) As Starfish said ``No``, but even if it is a prereq. you can always ask the the adviser to waive it until u get the grades. Plus there are only elevtices

Just to add, u need to be persistent, I registered for SS pretty late, and all the electives were full, but keep logging to check for a spot. Espcially the after the first day of classes.

Kevinabrahak says thanks to jon.john23 for this post.
Old 08-25-2012 at 11:59 AM   #5
jon.john23
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apples12 View Post
Call the econ office... they may be able to open up a space for you.
@ OP
O yah, theres also a form you could fill out called SPACE if you really want that spot in the ECON elective. (I personally havent used it, neither do i know anyonewho has)

Last edited by jon.john23 : 08-25-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Old 08-25-2012 at 12:44 PM   #6
Kevinabrahak

its just an elective.
I've actually filled out 3 forms for 3 different ECON courses I wish to take but have not been contacted back for any of them, And since its just an elective, they wouldn't necessarily give preference. Cant rely on them !!!

Last edited by Kevinabrahak : 08-25-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-25-2012 at 12:48 PM   #7
Kevinabrahak

ive been consistently performing well in ECON courses and that has really boosted my GPA. Im not sure how it would be of any value if I decide to do them during summer. Would it still add to my GPA. ?
Old 08-25-2012 at 01:20 PM   #8
jon.john23
Elite Member

yup, taking it in summer will count towards ur GPA

Old 08-25-2012 at 02:14 PM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

All courses taking at McMaster (No matter the session; Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer) count towards your McMaster GPA. Any courses taking at another institution does not count towards your McMaster GPA.

Kevinabrahak says thanks to jhan523 for this post.