MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are you attending McMaster Career Fair 2010? Bobby66 MacInsiders Announcements 7 09-21-2010 11:23 AM
Attending other lectures waldo92 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-31-2010 02:49 PM
attending mixed cores due to conflict? andru First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-13-2009 12:23 AM
Attending ECON 1BB3 Lectures? Kurt_ Academics 3 12-24-2008 05:42 PM
First-Year Academic Success - Part 1: Attending Lectures Chad First Year Academic Success 13 09-10-2007 06:45 PM

You opinion on attending classes with...

Old 10-13-2010 at 10:31 AM   #1
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

You opinion on attending classes with...
With Profs. who can't speak english properly, basically reads off the slides and never really explaining to you what the hell is going on.

One of my classes (a STATS course) has a prof that has trouble explaining himself.
Whenever a students asks a question, he basically reads what the slides say 5 times, until you're kind of forced to nod your head.

So far I've pretty much had to teach myself through the textbook etc.

Would you guys attend all your lectures? Opinions?
Old 10-13-2010 at 10:34 AM   #2
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

My Art History classes are like that.

The prof posts the pages required for reading on the class site (which is a blogspot, and so annoying because I always forget to check it because it's not on Avenue), and then in lectures, he reiterates the entire chapter. It's useless going because I can learn from the book so much better, an use my alloted lecture times for other work/stuff.

As of right now, because the religion in question isn't a particularly controversial one (hence no discussion going on; people just fall asleep or nod their heads politely), World Relgions is the same.

No communication barrier with the prof, just sort of useless going.
Old 10-13-2010 at 10:38 AM   #3
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
My Art History classes are like that.

The prof posts the pages required for reading on the class site (which is a blogspot, and so annoying because I always forget to check it because it's not on Avenue), and then in lectures, he reiterates the entire chapter. It's useless going because I can learn from the book so much better, an use my alloted lecture times for other work/stuff.

As of right now, because the religion in question isn't a particularly controversial one (hence no discussion going on; people just fall asleep or nod their heads politely), World Relgions is the same.

No communication barrier with the prof, just sort of useless going.
I see, my prof has a double whammy. He just reiterates slides that ARE posted on avenue, and he also has a language barrier between his students.

Seeing as how my course is pretty much a math course, he doesn't take it step by step with us. He shows us the question, he reads something... we arrive with the middle part of the answer, then he reads more stuff and the we arrive at the answer.
Old 10-13-2010
Rakim
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 10-13-2010 at 10:47 AM   #4
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

No, I wouldn't. What's the point? You're much better off doing something else.

It's the same reason why I don't attend any Finance courses when it's Kevin Brewer subbing in... He explains NOTHING, and just reads right off the slides. I need some mofugging explanations in Finance. I don't even feel like he introduces an equation and what it is, he just plugs in some numbers and is like "here's the answer."

FOR WHAT?

Gah.

I hate him.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-13-2010 at 10:55 AM   #5
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

sup babe?

what ya wearing right now
Old 10-13-2010 at 11:03 AM   #6
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
I see, my prof has a double whammy. He just reiterates slides that ARE posted on avenue, and he also has a language barrier between his students.

Seeing as how my course is pretty much a math course, he doesn't take it step by step with us. He shows us the question, he reads something... we arrive with the middle part of the answer, then he reads more stuff and the we arrive at the answer.

That must be so irritating. I'm actually annoyed for you.
Old 10-13-2010 at 11:24 AM   #7
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

I haven't been going to any of my classes for almost 3 weeks now D:

edit/
It's just socsci. Go figure.

Rakim likes this.