Spray-On Condoms lorend General Discussion 16 06-29-2008 02:21 PM

condoms

Old 10-15-2009 at 03:43 PM   #16
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zango View Post
theres a shot you can get, its birth control and you only get your period once every three months...

im just saying, theres lots of options lol

and obviously a condom would be ideal in a one night stand kinda situation haha, since you dont have an STD and you dont wanna get her pregnant and you dont know if shes on the pill
Again, all of these things are much more complicated and EXPENSIVE than condoms.

It's a dick move to say that girls should be "required" to take birth control.
Old 10-15-2009 at 03:47 PM   #17
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

Right, but then don't require the guy to wear a condom? lol

Im done here
Old 10-15-2009 at 03:48 PM   #18
micadjems
Awesome Member

Quote:
Right, but then don't require the guy to wear a condom? lol

Im done here

I'm glad because you clearly don't get it/are being a douchebag on purpose
Old 10-15-2009 at 03:50 PM   #19
stevennevets

Liked: 36 Times

back on topic...

it might also depend on the building. i'm in whidden and i havent seen much of that, your cas or hca might have decided it's a good cause and so are raising awareness.
Old 10-15-2009 at 03:53 PM   #20
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Liked: 46 Times

FWIW it's worth, Jackie, the ridiculously high estrogen levels we're seeing now are barely affected by birth control pills. I thought the majority came from consumer products? (ie shampoos that are now like placentas, estrogen in plastics/product material, etc...)

You're the one in materials though...
Old 10-15-2009 at 03:56 PM   #21
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
ROFL, called a joke... im not that much of an ******* haha, but so wait, your saying,

the GUY should wear a condom, but the GIRL shouldn't have to take birth control?

LOL = hypocrit women.
Lmao, is that what I said?

For your information, I AM on birth control and if you view a thread titled "Birth Control?" you'll see me telling other people to get on it for reasons OTHER than preventing pregnancies.

My point was that it's ridiculous for a woman to go on birth control just because YOU don't want to wear a condom. (I don't give a shit that it "feels better" for you)

BC is a much larger responsiblity than simply putting on a condom in the heat of a moment.

And maybe if you hadn't used the term b!tch in the rudest way possible, maybe you wouldn't have gotten such a reaction from me.

So try calling me a hypocrite again even though I can prove my point. (Y)

A girl shouldn't have to take birth control JUST IN CASE she meets the one random guy who refuses to wear a condom because he's too ****ing selfish.

And for your information because you're clearly incapable of reading, no one said that a girl wouldn't wear a condom just because she's on birth control. Birth control doesn't prevent STIs. We're not idiots.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 10-15-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-15-2009 at 03:57 PM   #22
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Another brilliant idea: have all guys give a few dozen sperm samples now, so that when they want kids they can have them........ and get the vasectomy now haha

Ish001, J-Met, niteskie, ytpos like this.
Old 10-15-2009 at 03:59 PM   #23
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by madquarker View Post
Another brilliant idea: have all guys give a few dozen sperm samples now, so that when they want kids they can have them........ and get the vasectomy now haha
I loled.
Old 10-15-2009 at 04:02 PM   #24
micadjems
Awesome Member

Quote:
FWIW it's worth, Jackie, the ridiculously high estrogen levels we're seeing now are barely affected by birth control pills. I thought the majority came from consumer products? (ie shampoos that are now like placentas, estrogen in plastics/product material, etc...)

You're the one in materials though...

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/feb/08021805.html

And Society!! Society deals more with social/economical/environmental sustainability.

tungo89 says thanks to micadjems for this post.
Old 10-15-2009 at 04:03 PM   #25
TTHX

Liked: 62 Times

i hope they're handing out non-latex condoms. cause when someone has an allergic reaction to that shit it's horrid.
it's excellent that they're raising awareness to such an extent, plus, free condoms = awesome.

and i've also heard that pulling out is just as effective as using a condom - the STD protection. also, for guys, masturbate a lot, it'll decrease your sperm count and also lower the chances of pregnancy lol. just make sure not to use the death grip too much otherwise the girl will be disappointed.
Old 10-15-2009 at 04:04 PM   #26
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

To further my devil advocacy....... everyone knows that there's more than one hole down there, right?

No BC then... hahah.

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zHVW7Zy_vg for more details.

BlakeM, J-Met like this.
Old 10-15-2009 at 04:06 PM   #27
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Well, I know for a fact that the sexual health team is trying to bombard the first years with information on safe sex. I know my co-team leader is also a CA ... so that may explain a few things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
If you don't want them, I'll take em.

Condoms are expensive.
Just an FYI, there are free condoms in the basement of the student centre (B106) and at SHEC (202)

Quote:
I actually read pulling out (when done properly) has the same efficiency rate as condoms at preventing pregnancy, but theres NO STD PROTECTION
Pulling out has a high failure rate (19%). I wouldn't recommend it.
http://www.sexualityandu.ca/adults/c...tion-2-15.aspx

daisy, lawleypop all say thanks to Lois for this post.
Old 10-15-2009 at 04:08 PM   #28
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTHX View Post
also, for guys, masturbate a lot, it'll decrease your sperm count and also lower the chances of pregnancy lol. just make sure not to use the death grip too much otherwise the girl will be disappointed.
I'll assume you're joking. If not, epic fail, and go visit campus health to get educated.

For everyone else: masturbation DOES have an effect on sperm count... for a few hours. Within a day you're back to normal levels - so really there are no side effects. Keep on tuggin!

And don't call it a death grip. Fail.
Old 10-15-2009 at 04:12 PM   #29
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Jay: how would they measure that? There is always a debate going on whether pre-ejaculate has sperm in it or not. It HAS been established that it has far less (if any...) sperm in it than normal ejaculate.

I think the site you linked has that failure rate based on people not doing it properly. It also just says "studies show" - so it really could have been a poll of people on the street about whether they pull out soon enough or not. I agree with you that it's not the best contraception option, but it's better than nothing and will still further reduce the risk of pregnancy.
Old 10-15-2009 at 04:43 PM   #30
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Jay: how would they measure that? There is always a debate going on whether pre-ejaculate has sperm in it or not. It HAS been established that it has far less (if any...) sperm in it than normal ejaculate.

I think the site you linked has that failure rate based on people not doing it properly. It also just says "studies show" - so it really could have been a poll of people on the street about whether they pull out soon enough or not. I agree with you that it's not the best contraception option, but it's better than nothing and will still further reduce the risk of pregnancy.
Yes, precum has less sperm in it than regular ejaculate. However, most contraceptives have a failure rate associated with them. In many cases, the failure rates (based on the number of live births while on a form of contraception) are a result of improper use of the methods.

From the paper: http://www.popline.org/docs/0950/066214.html.

Regardless, there are more reliable options: free condoms, discounted birth control on campus.

daisy likes this.