MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
schedule conflict? xxorianna Academics 7 08-10-2011 05:34 PM
Schedule Conflict mediagurl First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-09-2011 07:22 PM
schedule conflict jamiebenyovi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-12-2010 04:07 PM
Holiday Schedule and Exam schedule Reno V First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 10-16-2008 01:56 PM
Is this a Schedule Conflict? Holly First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 09-04-2008 11:53 PM

Conflict in my schedule...

Old 08-11-2011 at 08:40 AM   #1
jthompson.08

Liked: 0 Times

Conflict in my schedule...
Hey so I need some advice on what I should do in regards to changing my schedule. When SOLAR created my timetable, I was put in a few 8:30 classes (which I didn't have a big problem with) but I had an 8:30 latin tutorial on Friday at 8:30. I was worried that if I go out on Thursdays, which sounds like what a lot of students do, I might be less motivated to go to that tutorial, so I switched my core. This changed my tutorial to the afternoon which was ideal. It also eliminated all my 8:30 classes which made the change verrrrrrry tempting... Problem is, now one of my latin lectures conflicts with my bio lab (which is every other week). Is it worth keeping the change, knowing that I will miss one out of three weekly lectures, every other week? Or would you recommend I switch back to my initial timetable and just suck it up on Friday mornings. Thank you for your help!!
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:48 AM   #2
jthompson.08

Liked: 0 Times

PS. One way to solve the conflict is to switch my bio lab from Thursday to the same time on Wednesday, which is conflict free. How easy would it be to switch a bio lab once classes start, since SOLAR is just telling me everything is full. Do many people generally switch their lab dates/times around? Thanks!
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:58 AM   #3
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

From what I've heard switching labs r a lot easier the first week into school cuz we find out which weeks r even n which are odd & accordingly change a few other labs so we don't have all labs running the same week. However, I would suggest to keep looking for an open slot. After 10 hrs. of logging into SOLAR twice every hour yesterday, I finally found the slot I need for my Bio lab last night =) Keep ur eyes open, something is bound to open up...

jthompson.08 says thanks to -Ish- for this post.
Old 08-11-2011 at 09:06 AM   #4
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Definitely try to switch your bio lab. Email/call Kathy McIntosh, she's the biology undergraduate advisor. Just tell her your lab conflicts with one of your cores and she will more than likely open up a slot for you into a different section. It's still early August, people will be moving around in their lab sections constantly because I can assure you that 99.9% of people did NOT get their ideal timetable spewed out by MUGSI/SOLAR. This is the third year for me where my actual timetable will pretty much not resemble the one given to me in any way, shape or form :p

http://www.biology.mcmaster. ca/contact.htm

jthompson.08 says thanks to Freak705 for this post.