MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2nd Year Engineering continuation options Abhimint Academics 12 05-11-2013 01:05 PM
Osap Status MacNeuro Financial Aid 2 08-30-2012 10:44 PM
Aboriginal Status and McMaster Rivet General Discussion 20 01-11-2010 06:24 PM
How Do I Check My Residence Status? MarissaK Residence & Housing 6 07-26-2009 01:18 AM
OSAP - Status Question Dominique General Discussion 3 07-28-2008 06:04 PM

Continuation of Interest-Free Status?

Old 05-07-2014 at 09:57 PM   #1
MariamH

Liked: 0 Times

Continuation of Interest-Free Status?
Hi everyone, I was viewing my loan account on NSLSC website and noticed that there's interest charged to my loans from this year. I am not sure if I need to fill out the form to "confirm my enrolment". However I'm not currently in summer school and already applied for the 2014-2015 application on OSAP. Is it too late for me to fill out the form and submit it to the Financial Aid Office??

Thanks!!
Old 05-07-2014 at 10:01 PM   #2
HILLyBilly
Account Locked

Liked: 13 Times

Have you been out of school for more than 6 months? If so, you have to pay the interests.
Old 05-07-2014 at 10:17 PM   #3
MariamH

HILLyBilly, Nope, I just completed my first year. I tried contacting the Financial Aid but to no avail. I know they are busy with processing the 2014-2015 apps but I don't want the interests to accumulate.

Thanks!
Old 05-07-2014 at 10:22 PM   #4
HILLyBilly
Account Locked

There is a mixed up then. Contact NSLSC directly. They are the one that actually manage your loans.

http://www.canlearn.ca/eng/common/he...ct/loans.shtml

What they will do is probably ask you to go back to Financial Office (they need them to faxed them the confirmation and such) anyway but its better to go straight to the source.
Old 05-08-2014 at 04:44 PM   #5
MariamH

I called up NSLSC and they directed me to OSAP. I didn't get much of a helpful answer from them. but thanks for your reply.
Old 05-08-2014 at 04:54 PM   #6
HILLyBilly
Account Locked

Very strange indeed. Maybe you were unlucky and had a incompetent representative at the NSLSC and OSAP. If you do not wish to pursue this venue then going straight into McMaster's Financial Aid is the only choice left.

Are you near campus? They have drop in hours throughout the day, going in and speaking directly with them is the best option (bring documentations).