MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Say Yes To the Dress lizziepizzie General Discussion 28 03-13-2011 04:47 PM
Dress Code ninjamachete First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 11-28-2010 01:33 AM
Dress code for events on OSCAR Chris98 Academics 10 10-10-2010 02:48 PM
Dress for Success! temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-05-2009 10:57 AM
how to dress Theexe1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 292 09-04-2009 10:06 AM

convocation dress code

Old 05-23-2012 at 09:28 AM   #1
Awesomeness

Liked: 42 Times

convocation dress code
For convocation...do guys wear a full suit (with the blazer)? Does the gown fit over a full suit or should i wear a tie and shirt only without the blazer?
Old 05-24-2012 at 11:04 AM   #2
bieneres

Liked: 2 Times

I'm not a guy, but maybe this info will help you. Somewhere on the convocation section on the registrar's office (perhaps under something like Info for parents and guests?) it said that there is no strict dress code, but that it encourages grads and guests to dress at least business casual
Also something that I read somewhere on that same site is that the gown hangs open at the front so your outfit remains visible
Old 05-24-2012 at 11:11 AM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bieneres View Post
I'm not a guy, but maybe this info will help you. Somewhere on the convocation section on the registrar's office (perhaps under something like Info for parents and guests?) it said that there is no strict dress code, but that it encourages grads and guests to dress at least business casual
Also something that I read somewhere on that same site is that the gown hangs open at the front so your outfit remains visible
Yep, that's what it says on the website:
Dress Code

There is no formal dress code for convocation ceremonies, but we encourage Graduands and their guests to show respect to all participants of the ceremonies by dressing in attire that is no less formal than business-casual.

There's a lot of info about convocation here:
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /convo...or_Guests.html
Old 05-24-2012 at 11:23 AM   #4
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

The gown will fit over a full suit - but you won't stick out like a sore thumb if you choose to not wear the blazer. Dress pants, dress shirt and tie will look perfectly fine. You can always take your jacket and ask your parents/guests to hold onto it until the reception.