MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Full Courses Ziggi Academics 33 08-20-2010 11:34 PM
How come almost every courses are full? chanduru Academics 4 06-30-2010 12:15 PM
Which courses are full? julianface First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 06-27-2010 01:38 PM
full courses nadia1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-03-2009 10:35 AM
full courses..what to do??? rits General Discussion 6 07-01-2009 09:28 PM

courses that are full

Old 07-14-2010 at 12:25 AM   #1
yapyyap

Liked: 0 Times

courses that are full
Hi, I'm currently applying for my courses

since i started to apply my courses late, every core subjects i need take are full

what do i do in this case?

do i wait for an opening spot? or should i talk to the academic advisor?

thanks
Old 07-14-2010 at 11:19 AM   #2
TheCrucible

Liked: 52 Times

I think if you contact the departments for each course, they'll open a spot for you, as long as it's a mandatory course for your program.
Old 07-14-2010 at 11:22 AM   #3
sf

Liked: 36 Times

If a course is mandatory for your program they have to open a spot for you, so definitely cotact the department. They most likely will tell you to keep trying on SOLAR and if you still can't get into the class in August then they will open a spot for you. As far as elective go, you just have to keep trying on SOLAR and come up with some back ups.
Old 07-14-2010 at 12:55 PM   #4
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Note that there are very few mandatory courses. The Calender basically has to say "Bio 2A03 must be taken in Year II" or something. They will be a pain in the arse and make you take a course years later instead of opening a seat if there is even a chance you don't need it for the year.
Old 07-14-2010 at 01:40 PM   #5
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

If its mandatory, it will open up. If its an elective.. well, keep trying.
Old 07-14-2010 at 10:10 PM   #6
belyea91

In August when timetables come up do they open up SOLAR again? I didn't have any problems last year so I can't remember.

Would it be smarter to talk to the department now (if NOW isn't already too late), or wait until August (assuming that SOLAR reopens and you can add courses again)?
Old 07-14-2010 at 10:33 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by belyea91 View Post
In August when timetables come up do they open up SOLAR again? I didn't have any problems last year so I can't remember.

Would it be smarter to talk to the department now (if NOW isn't already too late), or wait until August (assuming that SOLAR reopens and you can add courses again)?
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...7.html?t=28077

I would contact them now and if they say keep trying e-mail them again when SOLAR opens in August.
Old 07-15-2010 at 11:20 AM   #8
jass

Dropping KIN 2C03, 3Y03, PSYCH 2TT3? PLEASE MSG! :(
Hey guys,

I would really appreciate if anyone could message me [email protected] if you are dropping any of these courses:

KIN 2C03
KIN 3Y03
PSYCH 2TT3

I will try to help you as well in any way possible thank you!

- Jas