MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Credits required for second year natlegz First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 03-25-2013 09:52 AM
>48 first year credits MacJk First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 11-10-2011 08:07 PM
First Year Credits AmyLia Academics 4 05-27-2011 01:17 PM
transfer credits in 1st year engineering jntyrhds First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-12-2010 10:36 AM
Credits to go into 2nd year commerce shapkin123 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-21-2008 09:43 PM

#of credits to move on to second year

Old 04-09-2014 at 09:28 PM   #1
pizzaslice

Liked: 3 Times

#of credits to move on to second year
How many required credits are required in order to move on to second year?
Do you need the full 30?

Possibility of failing one of my courses (an elective), which is a full year course so I would only have 24 credits.
Would I still be able to move on to second year if I happen to fail? (I probably won't, but this is worst case scenario!)
Old 04-10-2014 at 06:52 AM   #2
topkek

Liked: 23 Times

24 for non-engineers
Old 04-10-2014 at 12:44 PM   #3
patriots4eva

Liked: 5 Times

I'm just first year science, but from what I understand...you need to the 30 units first year to graduate. So it's probably better to just get them done. Not sure about moving to second year though.
Old 04-10-2014 at 01:07 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots4eva View Post
I'm just first year science, but from what I understand...you need to the 30 units first year to graduate. So it's probably better to just get them done. Not sure about moving to second year though.
As was already stated, you need 24 units in first year to move to second year.
You do not need a minimum of 30 units from first-year courses to graduate. You need the required courses, and courses from any lists of first-year courses. If you just have electives, they can be from any year.