MacInsiders Logo
Old 12-22-2011 at 01:06 AM   #1
erika_gk1

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Dance Classes
Thinking about taking a couple of dance classes at Mac when I can find the time. Anyone have any favourites/suggestions?
Old 12-27-2011 at 01:13 PM   #2
morgan

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by erika_gk1 View Post
Thinking about taking a couple of dance classes at Mac when I can find the time. Anyone have any favourites/suggestions?
I like ballet with Irena. Usually in Rose Hill (DBAC).
Old 12-27-2011 at 05:12 PM   #3
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

I know for a fact that there is a Cha-Cha-Cha class. Walked by it once. "Now, Ladies and Gentlemen, one, two, three, cha, cha, cha."
Old 01-03-2012 at 04:29 PM   #4
kevcom

Liked: Liked 3 Times

Thinking of doing a class on Ballroom Dance. Anyone know what the girl/guy ration is for such a class? I don't want be the only guy in a class of 20 girls (although... might be kinda fun ;] )
Old 01-03-2012 at 05:03 PM   #5
tiger
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

Some of the student clubs at mac offer dance classes as part of their activities...I think OLAS has latin dance classes and McMaster School of Bhangra have free Bhangra classes every week. Then there is Nuvitzo dance company in Dundurn where you can pick out of a various Latin dance styles. It's very good and fun too. A few of the classes offered that I can think of are salsa, bachata, tango. You can probably still find their deal on wagdeals.com (very good deal -9 or 10 classes for $20 or so). You don't need a partner for their classes either because they're designed in a way where you rotate partners and dance with everyone in the class. Oh and there's also a break dancing club at mac.
Old 01-10-2012 at 04:38 PM   #6
Kanksha M

How much do the dance classes generally cost that are offered through mcmaster
Old 01-27-2012 at 12:28 PM   #7
McMasterRec
Staff - McMaster Athletics & Recreation

Cost of Dance classes at Mac
Classes are $45 for 10, 1 hour lessons. We have AfroLatino Cardio, Ballet,Ballroom,Belly ,Bollywood,Conditioni ng for Dancers,Hip Hop, Jazz,Latin,Lyrical,Mo dern, and Swing. Go to www.marauders.ca and look under Instructional Programs.