MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Exam Guardians" - Free 1st year exam help concept Mowicz Academics 39 12-20-2010 11:30 PM
loud residence. what should i do? wasupyo Residence & Housing 35 12-15-2010 11:43 PM
Lockers in the Gym DBAC leah.d Athletics & Recreation 14 08-21-2010 11:37 AM
DBAC-April 3rd watkinson Athletics & Recreation 1 03-21-2010 09:59 AM
DBAC Summer Use J-Met General Discussion 4 07-13-2009 02:28 PM

DBAC was way too loud! Needed ear plugs during exam...wtf mac?

Old 12-10-2010 at 11:13 AM   #46
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
That's exactly what I said.

Not giving a **** about us = us going elsewhere. Yup.
A public research university like McMaster really needs to realize we are the one's putting them in business.
They are here to SERVE us, not the other way around. As much as they think they are in power, they really are not.

I agree with you whole heartily, if they don't stop to care about us. It will definitely affect them long term.
Old 12-10-2010 at 11:21 AM   #47
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by VastHorizon View Post
If we do campus tours and bring people to DBAC while students
are writing their exams to show what Mac is doing, then it will
have an impact.
Um, okay? How about quoting bcars and not me.

Regardless, since campus tours are meant to ATTRACT people, why the **** would the tour guide knowingly bring students to an exam room (cuz tours are normally so quiet to begin with...) while construction is going on?

"ohi our skool is gureat plz giv us 7k"

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Cliu91 likes this.
Old 12-10-2010 at 11:28 AM   #48
McIntyre

Liked: 173 Times

@McMasterPulse on twitter just announced that the indoor track and HPA are closed for the duration of exams.

Ashlie, ikantsepll, Marlowe, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to McIntyre for this post.
Old 12-10-2010 at 11:30 AM   #49
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by McIntyre View Post
@McMasterPulse on twitter just announced that the indoor track and HPA are closed for the duration of exams.
Yeah, lucky me, they closed it when the exam was over.

Last edited by Marlowe : 12-10-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-10-2010 at 12:45 PM   #50
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

In other news, MDCL 1305 is a horrible place to write an exam, due to the whole 1X1 desk they give you
Old 12-10-2010 at 12:53 PM   #51
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPat View Post
In other news, MDCL 1305 is a horrible place to write an exam, due to the whole 1X1 desk they give you
I had to hold my desk up with my knees for the 1st yr chem exam. Turns out my desk couldn't stand on its own, and they had no extras...
Old 12-10-2010 at 02:33 PM   #52
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

HALLELUJAH!

http://dailynews.mcmaster.ca /worth....cfm?I D=6121

ikantsepll likes this.
Old 12-10-2010 at 03:12 PM   #53
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
I had to hold my desk up with my knees for the 1st yr chem exam. Turns out my desk couldn't stand on its own, and they had no extras...
Now I understand why Dr. Lock warned us so much to show up early to get a good desk!

(In all seriousness though, I awww'd out loud after I read that.)
Old 12-10-2010 at 03:45 PM   #54
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 49 Times

Quote:
That's exactly what I said.

Not giving a **** about us = us going elsewhere. Yup.
yeah I am sure the university is going to give a cr_ap if you leave or not. (you as in you in general not you personally). If you were going to find the cure for cancer they would, but otherwise embed this in your brain. Here, you, me and everyone else is just a number. Thats the way it is, thats the way its going to remain. If you want to be you then find a private tutor or something else.
Old 12-10-2010 at 03:51 PM   #55
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajas View Post
yeah I am sure the university is going to give a cr_ap if you leave or not. (you as in you in general not you personally). If you were going to find the cure for cancer they would, but otherwise embed this in your brain. Here, you, me and everyone else is just a number. Thats the way it is, thats the way its going to remain. If you want to be you then find a private tutor or something else.
Why do people think McMaster is doing us a favor.
Think about it like this, if we don't attend the school, if we don't pay... they will have to lower their standards to get more acceptances, or else they will lose FUNDING for their shit.
Old 12-10-2010 at 04:09 PM   #56
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
Why do people think McMaster is doing us a favor.
Think about it like this, if we don't attend the school, if we don't pay... they will have to lower their standards to get more acceptances, or else they will lose FUNDING for their shit.
Disagree. Now more than ever, people need/want an education. Undergrads barely mean anything anymore. In fact, acceptance standards are rising every year and so is tuition. Cost is irrelevant when it means working at mcdonalds for the rest of your life.

I say this loosely because clearly there's a big difference between 35k and the 7k we pay now. Ask yourself, how much can they raise tuition till it actually deters people from attending? Probably a lot more than you think.

Point is, you, as an individual, are marginal. If you leave, someone else will come.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

jajas likes this.
Old 12-10-2010 at 04:11 PM   #57
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Quote:
Disagree. Now more than ever, people need/want an education. Undergrads barely mean anything anymore. In fact, acceptance standards are rising every year and so is tuition. Cost is irrelevant when it means working at mcdonalds for the rest of your life.

I say this loosely because clearly there's a big difference between 35k and the 7k we pay now. Ask yourself, how much can they raise tuition till it actually deters people from attending? Probably a lot more than you think.

Point is, you, as an individual, are marginal. If you leave, someone else will come.
I know, in theory this is very hard to execute, and the chances of it happening are slim, unless they really piss us off.
Keyword, I said "we" meaning us as a collective group of people willing to essentially boycott the school.
Either way, McMaster has substitues, so we can always get our education elsewhere if we so desire.
Old 12-10-2010 at 04:16 PM   #58
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
I know, in theory this is very hard to execute, and the chances of it happening are slim, unless they really piss us off.
Keyword, I said "we" meaning us as a collective group of people willing to essentially boycott the school.
Either way, McMaster has substitues, so we can always get our education elsewhere if we so desire.
You have substitutes for McMaster and McMaster has substitutes for you its just a cycle. You want to leave? Leave, no one is holding you back. The university is not going to be crying at your knees and begging you not to. As I said before if you want to be noticed go to one of those small unaccredited colleges.
Old 12-10-2010 at 05:05 PM   #59
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:

I dont think they can up and change the tuition like that (to such an extent at least), there's probably laws in place preventing them from doing that, but yeah like you said, if you leave someone else will come. lol @ us collectively boycotting the school , ah first years
Old 12-10-2010 at 05:52 PM   #60
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Yeah, first years They think they have a say in undergraduate education LOL wishful thinking Do not try to oppose the flow because it will run you over before you know it. Just live with it and go with the flow.