MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Exam Guardians" - Free 1st year exam help concept Mowicz Academics 39 12-20-2010 11:30 PM
Missed Exam Help! levarun Academics 3 04-23-2010 12:36 PM
deffered exam??? civil Academics 1 04-06-2010 05:45 PM
miss an exam? nikJ Academics 10 12-08-2009 12:04 AM
Exam Help JokrJon Academics 3 02-27-2009 09:26 PM

Deferring an Exam

Old 12-11-2010 at 02:28 PM   #1
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

Deferring an Exam
Whats the procedure for deferring an exam for sickness (exam is today).
I waited till today hoping I would feel better but if anything I feel worse than yesterday.

I tried calling McMaster but since its saturday, I couldn't reach anyone. Should I email my profs?

Is the doctors office even open on saturday?
Old 12-11-2010 at 02:30 PM   #2
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Long story short: it sucks.

Unless you're dying, don't do it. You'll likely end up getting a worse mark.

danallan likes this.
Old 12-11-2010 at 02:35 PM   #3
siefer1322

Lol. I know, I heard that.

Unfortunately, Im so dizzy and nauseous that even getting out of the bed makes me want to throw up (which I already did >.> ).

Last thing I want is to throw up during an exam (I rather get a worse mark than the embarassment).
Old 12-11-2010 at 03:14 PM   #4
siefer1322

No1 knows what I am supposed to do?
Old 12-11-2010 at 03:20 PM   #5
hamnahx02

Liked: 16 Times

You have to go to a doctor today or tmrw.... and you must get a note. you should email ur prof- that would be good. But everything has to be done with ur faculty. U just have to go to ur associate dean's office- withen 5 days, fill out a form and hope they accept ur reason. You get to write the exam in february.

Good luck. Don't know the exact details on how to go about doing this- but thats the jist of it ,i think.
Old 12-11-2010 at 03:27 PM   #6
mohammyt

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
Long story short: it sucks.

Unless you're dying, don't do it. You'll likely end up getting a worse mark.
ya there was once half of 3ej4 class deferred their midterm and the prof got mad so he gave a super hard final
Old 12-11-2010 at 03:35 PM   #7
mOeeOm

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by siefer1322 View Post
Whats the procedure for deferring an exam for sickness (exam is today).
I waited till today hoping I would feel better but if anything I feel worse than yesterday.

I tried calling McMaster but since its saturday, I couldn't reach anyone. Should I email my profs?

Is the doctors office even open on saturday?
1) Go to a doctor and get a note.
2) E-mail the prof.
3) Go to your faculty's academic advisor so they can tell you what to do with your doctor's note and what forms to fill.
4) Enjoy your deferred exam in february

siefer1322 says thanks to mOeeOm for this post.
Old 12-11-2010 at 04:09 PM   #8
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by siefer1322 View Post
Lol. I know, I heard that.

Unfortunately, Im so dizzy and nauseous that even getting out of the bed makes me want to throw up (which I already did >.> ).

Last thing I want is to throw up during an exam (I rather get a worse mark than the embarassment).
What embarrassment? If you're a good judge of when you need to vomit, sit as close to the washrooms as you can, and let the invigilator know at the start of the exam that you'll need to be excused more than once. Bring as much water as you can, it dilutes acidity and pain while keeping you hydrated and relatively coherent. Be prepared to scribble your signature on the sign-out sheet every time you leave.

Old 12-13-2010 at 01:41 AM   #9
siefer1322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
What embarrassment? If you're a good judge of when you need to vomit, sit as close to the washrooms as you can, and let the invigilator know at the start of the exam that you'll need to be excused more than once. Bring as much water as you can, it dilutes acidity and pain while keeping you hydrated and relatively coherent. Be prepared to scribble your signature on the sign-out sheet every time you leave.
What the **** is this, fear factor?

I put my health in first place. You should try it, maybe you wont drop dead at 55 of a ****ing heart attack.

dsahota likes this.
Old 12-13-2010 at 01:48 AM   #10
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Hope you figured out the process and could get the forms submitted! I don't think anyone knows too much about this whole deferral process to be honest.

siefer1322 likes this.
Old 12-13-2010 at 01:57 AM   #11
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

pro solution: bring ur own garbage can

danallan, Kailoli like this.
Old 12-13-2010 at 03:58 PM   #12
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammyt View Post
ya there was once half of 3ej4 class deferred their midterm and the prof got mad so he gave a super hard final
ya and only 4 kids passed..AMAZINGGG

Old 12-13-2010 at 04:52 PM   #13
siefer1322

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Hope you figured out the process and could get the forms submitted! I don't think anyone knows too much about this whole deferral process to be honest.
Yes, I did (one of the posters above gave a great and accurate response). I went to a doctor the same night and was diagnosed with vertigo.

I feel much better now though.