Leafs Pre-Season Talk Infinity General Discussion 44 10-01-2009 12:44 PM

Dexter Season 6

Old 12-28-2011 at 11:50 PM   #16
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcie View Post
Overall I really enjoyed this season.. I loved the whole religious vs. secular theme, and how Dexter really grew a lot as a person, and as a father, even though he became really sloppy at some points (sending a video of himself in front of his boat to Travis... wtf? The Dexter of season 1/2 would never do that). The Gellar twist was awesome, Lewis is damn creepy, and the tableau's were sooo fantastic/disturbing. I think the whole season was really just to set up season 7 though. Definitely excited to see how Deb will handle everything...
Uh...he did that on purpose because he knew he couldn't find Travis, so he deliberately included a shot of his boat so that Travis would know where to find him. Hence him setting up the kill-room on the adjacent boat to trick him.
Old 12-29-2011 at 12:59 AM   #17
marcie

Liked: 119 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Uh...he did that on purpose because he knew he couldn't find Travis, so he deliberately included a shot of his boat so that Travis would know where to find him. Hence him setting up the kill-room on the adjacent boat to trick him.
Yeah, he did what he had to do, but it was definitely a massive risk. What if the police had caught up to Travis and found the video on his cell? It'd be pretty tough for Dexter to explain why he is in personal contact with the Doomsday Killer, calling himself the Beast (connecting himself to the tableau's), etc. It has 'incriminating' and 'sketchy' written all over it. Not to mention the whole taking Travis back to an active crime scene (where he is expected to be that night for a forensic sweep!) to perform his ritual kill... symbolic but stupid.

Old 01-05-2012 at 06:38 AM   #18
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

*edit*.. some spoilers present... if u havent seen it dont read

was an uneventful episode til the end ... then i was like *mouth-open-face*

wasnt the best season tho.. writing seemed all over the place... quinn was a mess... laguerta was all over the spectrum... the matthews thing wasnt as big as it couldve been

interesting to see what lewis is up to though.. i knew he was a lil off from his first scene... im guessing he KNOWS about dexter somehow... maybe brian had a son?..they kinda look alike, but he's probably too old .. but im assuming it has to do with both brothers since he chose evidence from the ice truck thing (thats also how their mother used to paint her nails)

as for the deb thing... im assuming this storyline was written a while back... since it doesnt make sense for anything romantic to happen now since the couple got divorced... plus its kinda gross
Old 01-05-2012 at 06:50 AM   #19
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

I made the mistake of going on the Dexter subreddit... dont ever go on the Dexter subreddit. But a decent season nonetheless, the scene with Dexter and Deb in Debs dream (when she wants to kiss him) was the worst thing on television, almost cried due to awkwardness.
Old 01-12-2012 at 05:29 PM   #20
JDS1

Liked: 0 Times

Lewis is shady. He's probably spying on dex (dex is using lewis' search engine)
Old 01-12-2012 at 09:41 PM   #21
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

The Deb thing was super creepy and just weird. The thing I loved about their relationship was that it was just such a brother-sister relationship. Now it just makes me uncomfortable. Otherwise a decent season, and better than Lumen.

Old 01-17-2012 at 03:27 PM   #22
nomchock

Liked: 31 Times

season six was entirely irrelevant outside of lewis/hot intern hand situation

the finale ended in the exact same was as season 5, but this time deb found out

dramas should have a set end date before they air or they turn into carictures of their former selves( remember the doakes/dexter plot? that was ****ing boss. now we have quinn being a little drunk *****)

imad
Old 01-17-2012 at 03:55 PM   #23
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
The Deb thing was super creepy and just weird. The thing I loved about their relationship was that it was just such a brother-sister relationship. Now it just makes me uncomfortable. Otherwise a decent season, and better than Lumen.
Oh, another fan of a tv show that doesn't like having their preconceptions/mores challenged... the thing I like about Dexter is that its unconventional, and this plot line is another one of those things. Not really a fan of it, but I love unexpected twists. I thought the whole lengthy amount of time spent on psychologist thing would have made this thing more palatable to viewers.. :/

As for this season, I thought the ending to the Trinity was kind of bland. (or techincally, has it even ended yet? cant remember if dude died )
Old 01-17-2012 at 07:02 PM   #24
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Oh, another fan of a tv show that doesn't like having their preconceptions/mores challenged... the thing I like about Dexter is that its unconventional, and this plot line is another one of those things. Not really a fan of it, but I love unexpected twists. I thought the whole lengthy amount of time spent on psychologist thing would have made this thing more palatable to viewers.. :/

As for this season, I thought the ending to the Trinity was kind of bland. (or techincally, has it even ended yet? cant remember if dude died )
I love being challenged Trust me I've spent a fair amount of my youth shipping creepy-ass relationships (not something I'm proud of 0_o), but this one just didn't work for me. Like I said, they had the perfect chemistry as bro-sis.

This creeps me out because I don't feel it fits their characters, not because I think incest shouldn't be on my TV. It's a show about a serial killer...who am I to get my panties in a bunch about semi-incest? lol I just don't think it works for Deb and Dexter, and it came out of nowhere. Like the writers went "How can we get people talking? I know PLOT TWIST!" It's lazy writing, that's why I think it didn't work well for me.

It also seemed weird to bring in a new character to replace Deb and then never used him. Why bother with a new actor and then forget he's there?

Also pretty sure Dexter killed Trinity.

Old 03-06-2012 at 07:56 PM   #25
badwolf.5

Liked: 0 Times

ohgod, I cannot wait for the next season.. need to find out what happens now that Debra knows about him O_O