MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Minor in Business rpg51 Academics 9 06-03-2012 10:37 PM
Business or Econ Minor? chi0 Academics 6 02-23-2012 12:54 PM
Minor in business mfattal General Discussion 8 01-18-2012 12:27 AM
Engineering + Business Minor ritsma First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-26-2010 01:45 PM
Business students' minor? xhorizon General Discussion 11 11-25-2009 12:32 AM

Different between Eng and Management VS Eng and Minor in Business?

Old 11-11-2012 at 03:50 PM   #16
AngryBean
Account Locked

Liked: 129 Times

advanced standing

I think it means that you have "some" knowledge of the subject.
Old 11-11-2012 at 04:22 PM   #17
Allan
Elite Member

Liked: 115 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBean View Post
advanced standing

I think it means that you have "some" knowledge of the subject.
Ok...but what does that actually mean? Either they give you credits for it or they don't.

It certainly doesn't seem likely that another university would want to give up any significant revenue, especially in an expensive mba program.
Old 11-11-2012 at 05:55 PM   #18
Unregistered

If you have the marks, then by all mean, go for it. Keep in mind that you need to do two final years project. One for your engineering and one for the business side. If you can juggle double the amount of final years work while still keeping the grade needed to enter MBA then the program's benefit will be realized.

A lot of students on the other hand won't make it to MBA. Just keep that in mind.
Old 11-11-2012 at 05:59 PM   #19
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

It all depends. If you want to go to another university you would have to research that yourself as university change requirements ever so often .

Mac isnt the only one with a similar type of program

http://www.discover.engineer ing.ut...ll-program.htm
Old 11-11-2012 at 06:25 PM   #20
Unregistered

UofT has a better more organize program. They let you apply in your third year of engineering. By then you know if you have the marks or not to complete the MBA.

McMaster forces you to apply in your first year. Its a huge risk with McMaster since you don't know if you have the marks to enter the MBA program so early in your schooling.
Old 11-11-2012 at 06:37 PM   #21
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

well their is structure for people who want a MBA, the McMaster one is more for people who want that management background tailored to engineering with the option of an MBA. Both have pros and cons