MacInsiders Logo
Old 08-10-2009 at 12:50 PM   #16
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

I'm gonna try and see it with a bunch of ppl this weekend, hopefully it wont be as disappointing as every single movie I've seen this year.
Old 08-10-2009 at 01:08 PM   #17
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus View Post
I remember the first time I saw a D9 ad, "no non-humans allowed". I thought it was a campaign against dogs in a bus shelter. ;__; I got so confused that I had to look it up.
First time I saw the ads online I was like o_O
Old 08-10-2009 at 01:18 PM   #18
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherH View Post
....GI Joe.
I saw that movie yesterday. That was probably the longest chain of explosions / guys getting throw throw glass I've ever seen.
Old 08-10-2009 at 01:23 PM   #19
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus View Post
I remember the first time I saw a D9 ad, "no non-humans allowed". I thought it was a campaign against dogs in a bus shelter. ;__; I got so confused that I had to look it up.
I saw one on a bus shelter after coming out of Transformers ROTF. My boyfriend and I stood there like idiots, starring at it. We didn't find out until a few weeks later what it was for.
Old 08-10-2009 at 01:34 PM   #20
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

If anybody wants I can give the Background story I know from reading a few of the interviews with the writer. The concept sods surprisingly interesting, but then again so did Terminator Salvation... and well, I try to pretend that movie didn't exist.
Old 08-10-2009 at 01:58 PM   #21
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
If anybody wants I can give the Background story I know from reading a few of the interviews with the writer. The concept sods surprisingly interesting, but then again so did Terminator Salvation... and well, I try to pretend that movie didn't exist.
The greatest part in the new terminator movie by far was when the half terminator half human guy fell out of the airplane thing and skipped across the water. I lol'd for like 10 minutes after seeing that. The rest was pretty meh... I wanna know which scene it was that Christian Bale started raging at some stage hand for walking around on the set.

btw, did anyone aside from me at first think that "Transformer ROTF" stood for "Transformers Rolling on the Floor" ?
Old 08-10-2009 at 02:05 PM   #22
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
The greatest part in the new terminator movie by far was when the half terminator half human guy fell out of the airplane thing and skipped across the water. I lol'd for like 10 minutes after seeing that. The rest was pretty meh... I wanna know which scene it was that Christian Bale started raging at some stage hand for walking around on the set.

btw, did anyone aside from me at first think that "Transformer ROTF" stood for "Transformers Rolling on the Floor" ?
My favourite part of Terminator Salvation was when John Connor and the others were examining the piece of Skynet equipement and testing the signal.

I feel as though I've seen it somewhere before.. Maybe like in Transformers 2007 when Lennox and his team were looking at Scorponok's tail?

It was the EXACT SAME SCENE.
Old 08-10-2009 at 02:12 PM   #23
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

Quote:

lol I first thought Transformer ROTF was that too. XD

The only good thing that came from Terminator was that 10 minute hilarious freak out by Christian Bale during the making of the movie.
Old 08-10-2009 at 02:18 PM   #24
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherH View Post
I feel as though I've seen it somewhere before.. Maybe like in Transformers 2007 when Lennox and his team were looking at Scorponok's tail?
Ya, I thought the exact same thing. That thing was a complete rip-off of transformers. Maybe they started running out of money for terminator and started recycling some of the transformers models :p.
Old 08-14-2009 at 08:57 PM   #25
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

I just saw District 9. Wholly crap guys, this movie was awesome. The first story I've seen in a very long time where I really has no idea what was going to happen. The acting was awesome, the way it shot was awesome, the CGI was awesome (better than if not equal to Transformers). I find it absolutely amazing that they pulled this off with only $30,000,000.

Definitely see it. WAY better than every thing else this summer.
Old 08-14-2009 at 09:00 PM   #26
macsci
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

It's very good, I also just saw .
Old 08-14-2009 at 09:08 PM   #27
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Ya I'm hearing/reading amazing reviews on it so far. My favourite, "In an ideal world, every Hollywood studio suit would be forced to sit through District 9 as part of a curriculim titled "How to Make a Summer Movie That Delivers." Gunna see it Sunday cant wait!
Old 08-14-2009 at 11:40 PM   #28
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

I'm reading reviews that it's really gory. I hope it's not too bad.. I hate blood and gore :/
Old 08-15-2009 at 12:06 AM   #29
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Just saw it, pretty damn awesome. Didn't really see the ending coming at all, and after seeing shitty movies after shitty movies (re: wolverine + terminator) have a movie deliver is super satisfying :o
Old 08-15-2009 at 12:59 AM   #30
LBJ.MVP

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeM View Post
Just saw it, pretty damn awesome. Didn't really see the ending coming at all, and after seeing shitty movies after shitty movies (re: wolverine + terminator) have a movie deliver is super satisfying :o

Neill Blomkamp (the director) is a superstar in the making. Peter jacksons is already up there as well. These guys are gonna be legends in time.