MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tattoos on girls: your opinion Cliu91 Body & Food 122 12-05-2010 11:57 AM
What's up with girls posting "I like it on the..." statuses on facebook? Souldier General Discussion 133 10-13-2010 12:52 AM
Hi guys Jayshil Introduce Yourself 5 09-09-2010 02:02 PM
Girls Field Hockey kuruczpa Athletics & Recreation 0 09-08-2010 07:44 PM
hey guys macmac27 General Discussion 4 09-10-2009 07:51 PM

do girls like shy guys?

Old 11-05-2010 at 12:47 AM   #16
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

No.

But your question is quite silly, because 'like' comes from an appreciation of your overall personality, not some particular trait you happen to posses. So while shyness doesn't work in your favor, there may be other qualities that you posses that will impress a person.

Desda likes this.
Old 11-05-2010 at 12:49 AM   #17
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

It depends on the girl. Personally, no. I don't want to spend my time figuring out what the heck is it that you're trying to say. :/

Erm, you should find out if she likes you too, before you confess.
Old 11-05-2010 at 01:04 AM   #18
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
Erm, you should find out if she likes you too, before you confess.
I'm sorry, but for some reason that reminded me of this:

Old 11-05-2010 at 01:17 AM   #19
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcars View Post
I'm sorry, but for some reason that reminded me of this:

Old 11-05-2010 at 05:55 AM   #20
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

^ Kendoon, you sir, have made my freakin day hahahaha

onto the topic of the thread, depends, really. I've met girls that have been so shy and tremble-ish that it makes really awkward conversation so I can only imagine what a girl would feel like with a really shy guy. I asked a really good friend once what she thought about shy guys and she told me " its cute, to a point". I totally think thats how it is for guys and girls. Eventually you've got to speak out and get what you want (or buy roofies but thats a hush hush topic...im joking!). But seriously, just work on building up some "talk to girl stones". Start small, like when buying a coffee, be extra friendly to the server (not scarily friendly) you get what i mean.

if(at_first_you_dont_su cceed) break;

Old 11-05-2010 at 08:07 AM   #21
rcmp1234

Liked: 7 Times

a girl will always pick the more talkative guy over the shy guy...anyone who tells you otherweise is lying. Shy guys echo insecurity...that is teh biggest turn off. Girls like confident, funny guys...why do you think girls love bad boys? they have the swag, they have the confidence. Shy guys, well, they are just boring.
Old 11-05-2010 at 10:30 AM   #22
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

I like guys with confidence. He doesn't have to be the most outgoing guy, but just know what he wants and isn't afraid to go for it.

Like someone else said, shy can be cute, but only to a certain point. If I'm on a date and the guy is too shy to say anything or make any move, then I probably won't be going out with him again. Maybe that sounds harsh, but I like talking to people, I like knowing whether or not the person likes me as much as I like them, and I don't like always having to start or lead a conversation, or decide where we're going for every single date. And honestly, I wouldn't expect a guy to want to date me if that's how I was either.

If you're just shy about approaching the girl, but alright when you're on the date, I don't think it would be a problem. But if you're so shy that being on a date with you is like the girl being on a date with herself, then I think you should probably work on that.

lawleypop, lizziepizzie like this.
Old 11-05-2010 at 10:43 AM   #23
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Yeah, my ex was very shy, and I'm fairly confident and outgoing, but I can be quite shy and self deprecating as well, depending on the situation.

All of this seems to be quite situational and based on how the guy/girl respond to each other. If they are both shy but open up to each other and act with confidence then it's fine. Obviously if they're both shy and remain shy even when alone in a room together, unable to have a conversation, then... yeah.

Old 11-05-2010 at 08:03 PM   #24
NowHere

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienSummer View Post
He doesn't have to be the most outgoing guy, but just know what he wants and isn't afraid to go for it.
What does that mean exactly?
Old 11-05-2010 at 08:17 PM   #25
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienSummer View Post
I like guys with confidence. He doesn't have to be the most outgoing guy, but just know what he wants and isn't afraid to go for it.

Like someone else said, shy can be cute, but only to a certain point. If I'm on a date and the guy is too shy to say anything or make any move, then I probably won't be going out with him again. Maybe that sounds harsh, but I like talking to people, I like knowing whether or not the person likes me as much as I like them, and I don't like always having to start or lead a conversation, or decide where we're going for every single date. And honestly, I wouldn't expect a guy to want to date me if that's how I was either.

If you're just shy about approaching the girl, but alright when you're on the date, I don't think it would be a problem. But if you're so shy that being on a date with you is like the girl being on a date with herself, then I think you should probably work on that.
Confidence is sexy. I don't have anything against shy guys, but like everyone else has been saying, it's hard to get to know them. And they are the kind of guys who, well, need to be asked out by a girl because there'll likely not goiing to do it. Personally, I can be both inroverted and extroverted (I wouldn't really descrie myslef as only one), but if I like someone, I'll generally let them know it. Sometimes this works, sometimes not (just like everyone else haha). But I think there's still that social expectation that the by is supposed to ask the girl out. Some guys are really put off by a girl who will ask him out becasue it'll take him by surprise or he'll think "thanks for stealing my thunder." Other guys are turned on by it becasue it shows the girl has confidence.

Do guys like shy girls because it's "cute"?

EDIT: I should add that condidence and arrogance are not the same thing. Quiet confidence is even sexier.

Last edited by lizziepizzie : 11-05-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-05-2010 at 08:28 PM   #26
dhgn
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Confidence is sexy. I don't have anything against shy guys, but like everyone else has been saying, it's hard to get to know them. And they are the kind of guys who, well, need to be asked out by a girl because there'll likely not goiing to do it. Personally, I can be both inroverted and extroverted (I wouldn't really descrie myslef as only one), but if I like someone, I'll generally let them know it. Sometimes this works, sometimes not (just like everyone else haha). But I think there's still that social expectation that the by is supposed to ask the girl out. Some guys are really put off by a girl who will ask him out becasue it'll take him by surprise or he'll think "thanks for stealing my thunder." Other guys are turned on by it becasue it shows the girl has confidence.

Do guys like shy girls because it's "cute"?

EDIT: I should add that condidence and arrogance are not the same thing. Quiet confidence is even sexier.

This is the thing i don't get
why would most girls wait for the guys to be asked out?
I mean if a girl likes this guy, why wouldn't she just say it?
Old 11-05-2010 at 08:42 PM   #27
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowHere View Post
What does that mean exactly?
The only way I can really describe what I mean is by giving an example. So in this case, if a guy likes a girl, he's confident enough to go up to her and get to know her and ask her out. He doesn't just think about how much he likes her and wishes she'd pay attention to him. And before anyone says anything, I think girls should be the same way.

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 11-05-2010 at 08:50 PM   #28
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgn View Post
This is the thing i don't get
why would most girls wait for the guys to be asked out?
I mean if a girl likes this guy, why wouldn't she just say it?
Oh I do say it, I have no problem doing that. I just find that most guys are like, "hey, I was supposed to ask YOU out. So now I feel all wimpy becasue SHE did it." If that makes sense.
Old 11-05-2010 at 09:04 PM   #29
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Oh I do say it, I have no problem doing that. I just find that most guys are like, "hey, I was supposed to ask YOU out. So now I feel all wimpy becasue SHE did it." If that makes sense.
That's just stupid. Any guy that says that isn't worth it.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 11-05-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 11-05-2010 at 09:08 PM   #30
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
That's just outright stupid. Any guy that says that isn't worth it.
I agree with what you're getting at, but not quite as extreme.