MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tattoos on girls: your opinion Cliu91 Body & Food 122 12-05-2010 11:57 AM
What's up with girls posting "I like it on the..." statuses on facebook? Souldier General Discussion 133 10-13-2010 12:52 AM
Hi guys Jayshil Introduce Yourself 5 09-09-2010 02:02 PM
Girls Field Hockey kuruczpa Athletics & Recreation 0 09-08-2010 07:44 PM
hey guys macmac27 General Discussion 4 09-10-2009 07:51 PM

do girls like shy guys?

Old 01-13-2011 at 07:57 PM   #166
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephfraser View Post
Ya asking him if he still wants to hang out would be fine. The main thing is that she is talking to him about it and letting him know she is still intersted. It can be as simple as asking him if he wants to grab a coffee after his shift. If she wants to go big she could even suggest a movie she wants to see and ask if he wants to see it with her.
She tried that. She mentioned a movie she wanted to see and they were talking about it and he was like, oh that move doesn't really intrest me. But guys can't take a hint anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Pick one:

a) Your friend is unattractive
b) Her crush is now in a relationship
c) He's just not interested

Oh she found out how old he is like 2 weeks ago, and I remember when she first found out his name (like in October) when she introduced herself and she was pretty ecstatic. They'd been talking for like month so she was like, oh by the way, my name is [enter generic name here] and then he introduced himself and then they shook hands (which I thought was way over-formal). But yeah.
Old 01-13-2011 at 08:01 PM   #167
sf

Liked: 36 Times

[quote=lizziepizzie;21 1966]She tried that. She mentioned a movie she wanted to see and they were talking about it and he was like, oh that move doesn't really intrest me. But guys can't take a hint anyways.

All I can say is that she should give it 1 more shot, if she doesn't she will always wonder. If he doesn't reply within a week or if he says no than there is nothing more she can do and it would be best for her to move on.
Old 01-13-2011 at 08:08 PM   #168
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

[quote=stephfraser;211 970]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
She tried that. She mentioned a movie she wanted to see and they were talking about it and he was like, oh that move doesn't really intrest me. But guys can't take a hint anyways.

All I can say is that she should give it 1 more shot, if she doesn't she will always wonder. If he doesn't reply within a week or if he says no than there is nothing more she can do and it would be best for her to move on.
Yeah I agree. What do you mean by reply? As in, if she gives him her number and he desn't call in a week then leave it? I still think she should get his. That's just my prerogative though, I would personally rather get the number than give it because then the ball's in my court and I don't have to wait around wondering if the guy will call.
Old 01-13-2011 at 08:28 PM   #169
sf

[quote=lizziepizzie;21 1975]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephfraser View Post

Yeah I agree. What do you mean by reply? As in, if she gives him her number and he desn't call in a week then leave it? I still think she should get his. That's just my prerogative though, I would personally rather get the number than give it because then the ball's in my court and I don't have to wait around wondering if the guy will call.
I mean reply as in if he makes an effort to contact her or ask her out. I think she is better to give him her number because the ball is in her court right now and she isn't doing anything aboout it. Why not give him a chance?
Old 01-13-2011 at 08:45 PM   #170
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Pick one:

a) Your friend is unattractive
b) Her crush is now in a relationship
c) He's just not interested
I'm all three of those at once!

And I'm also a zebra!

Old 01-13-2011 at 09:09 PM   #171
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

[quote=stephfraser;211 984]
Quote:

I mean reply as in if he makes an effort to contact her or ask her out. I think she is better to give him her number because the ball is in her court right now and she isn't doing anything aboout it. Why not give him a chance?
That's a good point. I mean, when she asked him to get coffee (before the break) he said that break's comng up and exams, but "we'll get hang out for sure after the break." I guess she can't over-think tha he changed her "getting coffee" to his "hanging out." He didn't say anything about being in a relationship, but technically asking someone for coffee isn't necessarily asking them out. Although we all know it is... I mean, if someone asked me out and I was in a relationship, I'd be vague about it too (becasue he obv. was vague) and I don't think I'd say I was in a relationship either, I'd just make sure I never actally contacted him/ended it right away. So I guess he could be in a relationship. Over-thinking? You've been really helpful btw.
Old 01-13-2011 at 09:39 PM   #172
sf

Quote:

That's a good point. I mean, when she asked him to get coffee (before the break) he said that break's comng up and exams, but "we'll get hang out for sure after the break." I guess she can't over-think tha he changed her "getting coffee" to his "hanging out." He didn't say anything about being in a relationship, but technically asking someone for coffee isn't necessarily asking them out. Although we all know it is... I mean, if someone asked me out and I was in a relationship, I'd be vague about it too (becasue he obv. was vague) and I don't think I'd say I was in a relationship either, I'd just make sure I never actally contacted him/ended it right away. So I guess he could be in a relationship. Over-thinking? You've been really helpful btw.
There definitely is the possability that he is in a relationship, but he also might not be. He could be feeling the exact same way she is. It seems like none of them are going to say anything and this wil be one of those situations you look back on later in life and wish you had done something. Either way, life goes on and I am sure she will find a guy who will put in the effort and ask her out, so if she won't say something and he doesn't then she should move on. As girls we definitely over think this sort of stuff way too much, which is why she is in this situation, its a part of life.
Glad I can help

lizziepizzie says thanks to sf for this post.
Old 01-13-2011 at 11:16 PM   #173
phln3

Liked: 22 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajas View Post
I have one suggestion GET OFF THE FORUM AND GO ASK THE CHICK OUT. You are wasting your time here. No one can give you the courage that you can give to yourself.
You could try Juve's method and slowly practice your flirting technique on the forum first.

Onward to the Marketplace!

justinsftw says thanks to phln3 for this post.

justinsftw likes this.
Old 01-14-2011 at 12:32 AM   #174
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
I'm all three of those at once!

And I'm also a zebra!
jim raynor can't be any of those things! =/
Old 01-14-2011 at 04:40 AM   #175
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by phln3 View Post
You could try Juve's method and slowly practice your flirting technique on the forum first.

Onward to the Marketplace!
ROFL. I almost choked laughing.
Old 01-14-2011 at 09:39 AM   #176
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

@lizziepizzie

You and your friend are totally over thinking this, and in the end, your friend is going to regret not doing anything. I know, I've been there.

If your friend is still interested in him, the only way she's going to find out if he's in a relationship or is interested in her is by giving him the chance to say something. And in my opinion, the fact that he hasn't found some way to bring up his girlfriend/boyfriend (if he has one) since coming back from the holidays, probably means he doesn't have one. I mean, I'm guessing during their small talk they asked each other how their holidays were. If so, it'd be super easy for him to slip in, "And I saw my girlfriend/boyfriend's family" or "I really missed my girlfriend/boyfriend over the holiday" or something else about the person they're in a relationship with in order to give her the hint that he's not interested.

In my opinion, if your roommate is really interested in this guy, than she should pick a time when he's not too busy at work, and just remind him that they agreed to go out after break and give him her number. It'll probably be awkward doing this, but will take 2 minutes and then she won't have to call you up and ask you every night what she should do/if you think she likes him. Because really, the only way to find out if he likes her is by asking.

tl;dr Tell your friend to stop thinking about it and to start doing something about it.

lizziepizzie says thanks to AlienSummer for this post.
Old 01-14-2011 at 12:21 PM   #177
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienSummer View Post
@lizziepizzie

You and your friend are totally over thinking this, and in the end, your friend is going to regret not doing anything. I know, I've been there.

If your friend is still interested in him, the only way she's going to find out if he's in a relationship or is interested in her is by giving him the chance to say something. And in my opinion, the fact that he hasn't found some way to bring up his girlfriend/boyfriend (if he has one) since coming back from the holidays, probably means he doesn't have one. I mean, I'm guessing during their small talk they asked each other how their holidays were. If so, it'd be super easy for him to slip in, "And I saw my girlfriend/boyfriend's family" or "I really missed my girlfriend/boyfriend over the holiday" or something else about the person they're in a relationship with in order to give her the hint that he's not interested.

In my opinion, if your roommate is really interested in this guy, than she should pick a time when he's not too busy at work, and just remind him that they agreed to go out after break and give him her number. It'll probably be awkward doing this, but will take 2 minutes and then she won't have to call you up and ask you every night what she should do/if you think she likes him. Because really, the only way to find out if he likes her is by asking.

tl;dr Tell your friend to stop thinking about it and to start doing something about it.
Okay, thanks for your advice! I'm going to try to ignore the possibilty of him having a boyfriend, I didn't even think of that! But you're totally right, according to her he just said something about his break being good... not too talkative (which may mean something?) but yeah he totally could have easily brought up him doing something with his girfriend/boyfriend.
Old 01-14-2011 at 02:11 PM   #178
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

Quote:
Okay, thanks for your advice! I'm going to try to ignore the possibilty of him having a boyfriend, I didn't even think of that! But you're totally right, according to her he just said something about his break being good... not too talkative (which may mean something?) but yeah he totally could have easily brought up him doing something with his girfriend/boyfriend.
He's probably not talkative because he's waiting for her to make a move, or he had a bad day, or his break wasn't really all that great and doesn't want to talk about it, or a thousand other reasons that has nothing at all to do with your friend and is therefore not worth over thinking. So tell your friend to remind him about what they talked about before the holidays or to move on and forget about him.
Old 01-14-2011 at 06:59 PM   #179
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienSummer View Post
He's probably not talkative because he's waiting for her to make a move, or he had a bad day, or his break wasn't really all that great and doesn't want to talk about it, or a thousand other reasons that has nothing at all to do with your friend and is therefore not worth over thinking. So tell your friend to remind him about what they talked about before the holidays or to move on and forget about him.
Okay, so I'll just tell her to remind him gently that they'd discussed getting coffee before the holidays and ask if he still wants to get together.
Old 01-14-2011 at 07:09 PM   #180
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Okay, so I'll just tell her to remind him gently that they'd discussed getting coffee before the holidays and ask if he still wants to get together.
I think that's the best to do at the moment. And even if something happens, at least she'll know she tried instead of wondering about what could've happened.