MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tattoos on girls: your opinion Cliu91 Body & Food 122 12-05-2010 11:57 AM
What's up with girls posting "I like it on the..." statuses on facebook? Souldier General Discussion 133 10-13-2010 12:52 AM
Hi guys Jayshil Introduce Yourself 5 09-09-2010 02:02 PM
Girls Field Hockey kuruczpa Athletics & Recreation 0 09-08-2010 07:44 PM
hey guys macmac27 General Discussion 4 09-10-2009 07:51 PM

do girls like shy guys?

Old 01-12-2011 at 08:02 PM   #136
phln3

Liked: 22 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
It has nothing to do with the gender. Male or female, shyness is disgusting.
Especially in beds...
Old 01-12-2011 at 08:09 PM   #137
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Well, girls have to try to somehow think like guys do, so although WE over-think things, we have to TRY to UNDER-think things like guys do. Which is pointless btw, becasue by trying to under-think things we are over-thinking. And I'm pretty sure that guys don't even bother thinking what WE'RE thinking and just think for themselves! SEE, I'M OVERTHINKING!!!
hahaha I am constantly told that I over think with respect to women and that this is probably part of the root of why I have had only a single date since the end of June.
Old 01-12-2011 at 08:10 PM   #138
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
I prefer a talkative girl, not a super talkative blabbermouth ditsy one, but just a lady that starts her own conversations or better yet, rambles incessantly while I nod, perhaps give a quick response but mostly just stare at her boobies.

Haha, boobies.
Clearly you're too immauture for a gf if you still find the rod "boobies" funny.
Old 01-12-2011 at 08:27 PM   #139
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Clearly you're too immauture for a gf if you still find the rod "boobies" funny.
Hahahaha.

Boobies.

arathbon, bcars, _Luu_ like this.
Old 01-12-2011 at 08:37 PM   #140
arathbon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
Hahahaha.

Boobies.
You make a compelling argument. Please, tell us more.

RyanC likes this.
Old 01-12-2011 at 08:57 PM   #141
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by arathbon View Post
hahaha I am constantly told that I over think with respect to women and that this is probably part of the root of why I have had only a single date since the end of June.
It's a vicious, vicious circle, isn't it? I think our problem is that ALL of us should just STOP thinking!

Last edited by lizziepizzie : 01-12-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-12-2011 at 09:26 PM   #142
arathbon
Elite Member

Quote:
It's a vicious, vicious circle, isn't it? I think our problem is that ALL of us should just STOP thinking!
Especially thoughts like "I will not go on dates with Al". Those would be good thoughts to unthink.
Old 01-12-2011 at 10:23 PM   #143
sam_12

Liked: 0 Times

I'm in a sticky situation and need help. I really like this girl who lives on my floor in my rez. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time asking her out on a date. Before everyone tells me "to grow a pair and just ask her out", just hear my dilemma. I am a shy guy when it comes to talking to girls that I have a crush on ( I have no problem talking to girls on a daily basis). I only talk to her whenever I see her in the hallway or when we're in the elevator. usually small-talk. We're in different programs, and aren't in any of the same classes so its even harder to even make an excuse to "pretend i need help with homework" to spend some time with her. I have thought of just casually asking her out if I do see her in the elevator or hallway but.... here's the problem. If I do ask her out, and she says yes, its great, but if she says NO, then it makes it awkward. By awkward, I mean every time I see her (after getting rejected), it will be weird cause we live in the same floor and i really hate the idea of having awkward encounters for the rest of the semester till the day i move out of rez. Asking a girl out in a party or a club and getting rejected is fine because i'll never see her again and there won't be any awkward encounters in the future.

So my question....is there any solution to this problem or any tips anyone could offer me?
Old 01-12-2011 at 10:50 PM   #144
arathbon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_12 View Post
I'm in a sticky situation and need help. I really like this girl who lives on my floor in my rez. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time asking her out on a date. Before everyone tells me "to grow a pair and just ask her out", just hear my dilemma. I am a shy guy when it comes to talking to girls that I have a crush on ( I have no problem talking to girls on a daily basis). I only talk to her whenever I see her in the hallway or when we're in the elevator. usually small-talk. We're in different programs, and aren't in any of the same classes so its even harder to even make an excuse to "pretend i need help with homework" to spend some time with her. I have thought of just casually asking her out if I do see her in the elevator or hallway but.... here's the problem. If I do ask her out, and she says yes, its great, but if she says NO, then it makes it awkward. By awkward, I mean every time I see her (after getting rejected), it will be weird cause we live in the same floor and i really hate the idea of having awkward encounters for the rest of the semester till the day i move out of rez. Asking a girl out in a party or a club and getting rejected is fine because i'll never see her again and there won't be any awkward encounters in the future.

So my question....is there any solution to this problem or any tips anyone could offer me?
A) Totally feel you. Selective shyness sucks. I have so many female friends, but I run into the same problems with girls I have an interest in.
B) Just ask her to grab coffee or something non-threatening. Don't make it a date, unless she asks you if it is such (she probably won't). Just get to know her and gauge her interest. I'm not really sure from there since I usually screw up around this step.
C) Don't initiate contact with her when you're in a down mood, and whatever you do don't tell her you have women problems. Protip: In my experience telling a woman about your woman problems either makes her think you're pathetic, or cements the idea of you as a friend (as opposed to a love) in her head. By letting her know you have trouble with women, you're also going to make her wonder if you're interested in her, or interested in the fact she's a single woman.
D) I know what you mean about the awkwardness. It's held me back from making a move on this great girl I know for a while now, because she's one of a very few people I know in the class I have with her and we therefore sit together 3 times a week. But if she's worth it just take the risk. Awkwardness will fade.

tatski-p likes this.
Old 01-12-2011 at 11:32 PM   #145
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Think about the awkwardness this way: in 20 years will it matter? Probably not. Go for it.

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 01-13-2011 at 12:01 AM   #146
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

what kidn of girl would not want to hit this?

xxsumz says thanks to Leeoku for this post.

Old 01-13-2011 at 12:37 AM   #147
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 49 Times

Quote:

I have one suggestion GET OFF THE FORUM AND GO ASK THE CHICK OUT. You are wasting your time here. No one can give you the courage that you can give to yourself.
Old 01-13-2011 at 02:47 AM   #148
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

Quote:
Hahaha.

Rod.

Afzal likes this.
Old 01-13-2011 at 06:53 AM   #149
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
...but if she says NO, then it makes it awkward. By awkward, I mean every time I see her (after getting rejected), it will be weird cause we live in the same floor and i really hate the idea of having awkward encounters for the rest of the semester till the day i move out of rez. Asking a girl out in a party or a club and getting rejected is fine because i'll never see her again and there won't be any awkward encounters in the future.
Well the situation being awkward after that is entirely up to you..

xxsumz says thanks to RyanC for this post.
Old 01-13-2011 at 09:40 AM   #150
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcars View Post
Hahaha.

Rod.
Hahaha.

Rod boobies.

Afzal likes this.