MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tattoos on girls: your opinion Cliu91 Body & Food 122 12-05-2010 11:57 AM
What's up with girls posting "I like it on the..." statuses on facebook? Souldier General Discussion 133 10-13-2010 12:52 AM
Hi guys Jayshil Introduce Yourself 5 09-09-2010 02:02 PM
Girls Field Hockey kuruczpa Athletics & Recreation 0 09-08-2010 07:44 PM
hey guys macmac27 General Discussion 4 09-10-2009 07:51 PM

do girls like shy guys?

Old 01-02-2011 at 04:45 PM   #91
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by arathbon View Post
I would love it if a girl asked me out! But then again I'm a "shy guy".
I've read that guys like "the chase."
Old 01-02-2011 at 05:13 PM   #92
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
I've read that guys like "the chase."
Meh. I'm sure some guys do. I don't. I would assume that's because I've rarely managed to win "the chase" or indeed get very far with it. But that's not to say that if a girl was just like "ZOMG YOU'RE A SEXY BEAST, I WANT YOUR BABIES!" that I'd like it. I mean there's a difference between comming on strong and being straight with someone about what you want. Personally I wouldn't mind a girl asking me out on a date, or just even giving CLEAR signals she's into me, even though I must admit that I wouldn't enjoy a girl throwing herself at me.
Old 01-02-2011 at 05:21 PM   #93
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by arathbon View Post
Meh. I'm sure some guys do. I don't. I would assume that's because I've rarely managed to win "the chase" or indeed get very far with it. But that's not to say that if a girl was just like "ZOMG YOU'RE A SEXY BEAST, I WANT YOUR BABIES!" that I'd like it. I mean there's a difference between comming on strong and being straight with someone about what you want. Personally I wouldn't mind a girl asking me out on a date, or just even giving CLEAR signals she's into me, even though I must admit that I wouldn't enjoy a girl throwing herself at me.
Classic catch 22.

We lose either way! Women rarely give clear signals, and if they do it is likely they are throwing themselves at us and we don't want them.

Afzal, icecubz like this.
Old 01-02-2011 at 05:56 PM   #94
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
Classic catch 22.

We lose either way! Women rarely give clear signals, and if they do it is likely they are throwing themselves at us and we don't want them.
Sounds familiar.
'hey so when are we going out?' lulululul

Old 01-02-2011 at 06:01 PM   #95
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
Sounds familiar.
did i say that?

or is that just..wait..i has confuse :/

Old 01-02-2011 at 06:44 PM   #96
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Quote:
did i say that?

or is that just..wait..i has confuse :/
NO lol. someone said that to youu
last night

..nevermind -_-

Old 01-02-2011 at 06:45 PM   #97
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
NO lol. someone said that to youu
last night

..nevermind -_-
OHHH RIGHTTTTTTTTt

sorry im stupid

Old 01-02-2011 at 06:45 PM   #98
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Quote:
OHHH RIGHTTTTTTTTt

sorry im stupid
LOL it's okay, haha.
that totally reminded me of that looll

Old 01-04-2011 at 12:45 PM   #99
Kal El

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
I would say that more girls would prefer a talkative guy, but there are still plenty who would love a shy person. Every person on this planet is unique and has their own sets of likes/dislikes. However, your opening post sounds like you have a particular girl in mind. Rather than trying to figure out the likelihood of her liking a shy guy by representative statistics of the MI opinions, I suggest that you try to get to know her as friends first. The friends stage works well for shy guys, you get to know her better, which increases the likelihood of a successful relationship, and you get more comfortable with her presence and it'll be easier for you to talk to her and thus ask her out.
Talkative or confident, because there's a difference. Whereas I would say women don't go for Conceited, talkative men, I would say that women respond to confidence when it isn't arrogance (which confuses the bejesus out of me, because I'm the most arrogant S.O.B. walking this planet - and take pride in it.) I'd say that if he has a certain girl in mind, nothing can beat just walking up and taking control of the situation...Unless of course he's blown it and is in the friend zone. Which always sucks, because you may as well be in the "gay best friend" group at that stage.
Old 01-04-2011 at 03:58 PM   #100
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Sounds familiar.
LOL So if a girl says, "hey so when are we going out," that's coming n too strong??
Old 01-05-2011 at 08:24 AM   #101
Kal El

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
LOL So if a girl says, "hey so when are we going out," that's coming n too strong??
No, that's a queue to get right on that and do something before she loses interest or assumes you're gay for being to damned dumb to respond.

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 01-05-2011 at 03:32 PM   #102
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

Quote:
They're talking about something that happened in a different thread.
Old 01-05-2011 at 05:47 PM   #103
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 68 Times

I think girls like guys that treat them right. Most of them like guys who are friendly, honest, caring, etc..a guy who is willing to be their best friend. A guy that is shy or outgoing can both meet the above criteria meantioned. It all comes down to personal preference, there is no concreate answer for this one.
Old 01-05-2011 at 05:53 PM   #104
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeboi7 View Post
I think girls like guys that treat them right. Most of them like guys who are friendly, honest, caring, etc..a guy who is willing to be their best friend. A guy that is shy or outgoing can both meet the above criteria meantioned. It all comes down to personal preference, there is no concreate answer for this one.
These are all things women say they want. When too many of these traits are present in a male that they are with or potentially attracted to, they often lose interest...

Old 01-05-2011 at 05:58 PM   #105
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
These are all things women say they want. When too many of these traits are present in a male that they are with or potentially attracted to, they often lose interest...
How does that even make sense?

p.s. This isn't even a discussion, its just random comments and offshoots from the original topic