MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tattoos on girls: your opinion Cliu91 Body & Food 122 12-05-2010 11:57 AM
What's up with girls posting "I like it on the..." statuses on facebook? Souldier General Discussion 133 10-13-2010 12:52 AM
Hi guys Jayshil Introduce Yourself 5 09-09-2010 02:02 PM
Girls Field Hockey kuruczpa Athletics & Recreation 0 09-08-2010 07:44 PM
hey guys macmac27 General Discussion 4 09-10-2009 07:51 PM

do girls like shy guys?

Old 01-01-2011 at 12:25 PM   #76
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcars View Post
theresareallyhotgirlt hatworksatmetrothatmi ghtnotactuallybelegal butaskedformynumberon ce

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.
rememberthattimethatw ehadsexwiththequestio nablyagedgirlbehindze hrs

neither do i
Old 01-01-2011 at 12:43 PM   #77
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Liked: 71 Times

I think there are different kinds of "shy", but as long as you actually take the initiative i think a girl will find you attractive. Girls don't want to have to take care of someone, and if they have to coddle you just to get you to talk to them, chances are that they'll be immediately less interested.

That being said, i think Holly rightly pointed out that some guys can overdo the whole "confident" thing, lest we be the cast of Jersey Shore and be douchebags.

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 01-01-2011 at 02:20 PM   #78
escape

Liked: 38 Times

I heart shy guys <3
Old 01-01-2011 at 02:50 PM   #79
Furgazi

Liked: 22 Times

Being an introvert is like being a ninja.
Yes, us introverts are ninjas and no one can say otherwise
much like what someone else had mentioned introverts are commonly found with other introverts.
NOT for the reason that we don't share personalities similar to extroverts,
It's because we have super secret ninja secrets that only other introverts (NINJAS) can know about
Old 01-01-2011 at 03:28 PM   #80
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Wait...... girls like guys?

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 01-01-2011 at 03:36 PM   #81
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

I dunno... whadya think, ladies? Are you okay with asking out a guy? Sometimes shy guys are cute but they won't take the initiative so we have to do it for them. And guys, are you okay with girls asking you out? Society says that guys must do the asking. Some guys find it a good trait becasue it bodes confidence, while others think that girls are stealing their spotlight. Thoughts?
Old 01-01-2011 at 03:39 PM   #82
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

I kind of feel bad for girls that resort to shy guys, it's parallel to guys that resort to fat/ugly chicks. At the end of the day, nobody really wants them, you just end up settling. Do most hot girls have shy/introverted boyfriends? Nope. They have tall confident good looking men as their boyfriends 99/100 times.
Old 01-01-2011 at 03:40 PM   #83
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
I kind of feel bad for girls that resort to shy guys, it's parallel to guys that resort to fat/ugly chicks. At the end of the day, nobody really wants them, you just end up settling. Do most hot girls have shy/introverted boyfriends? Nope. They have tall confident good looking men as their boyfriends 99/100 times.
lol being shy doesnt make a person less attractive.
Old 01-01-2011 at 03:47 PM   #84
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
lol being shy doesnt make a person less attractive.
Yeah it does, being shy is an unattractive trait. Nobody wants their boyfriend to be shy, except for girls who can't really get anything else.
Old 01-01-2011 at 03:48 PM   #85
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
Yeah it does, being shy is an unattractive trait. Nobody wants their boyfriend to be shy, except for girls who can't really get anything else.
Clearly you have no concept of the female mind.
Old 01-01-2011 at 03:51 PM   #86
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Clearly you have no concept of the female mind.
I dunno, I still get laid. Maybe you should read this part of my post again though:

"Nobody wants their boyfriend to be shy, except for girls who can't really get anything else."
Old 01-01-2011 at 03:57 PM   #87
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

There's a difference between shy and quiet. Silent strong type=sexy. This means they don't need to walk around parading themselves to the world, but when you need them to stand up for you/to you they will. Shy is a different story. Generally, girls that like shy guys are the kind that want to be able to walk all over their man.

Mind I'm totally generalizing here.

Last edited by crazyfree : 01-01-2011 at 05:27 PM.

lizziepizzie, Rakim, rexelle like this.
Old 01-01-2011 at 04:07 PM   #88
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
There's a difference between shy and quite. Silent strong type=sexy. This means they don't need to walk around parading themselves to the world, but when you need them to stand up for you/to you they will. Shy is a different story. Generally, girls that like shy guys are the kind that want to be able to walk all over their man.

Mind I'm totally generalizing here.
Totally true; is what I was trying to say. I have a great friend who is that "quiet confidence type" and he has a super nice girlfriend who is beautiful.
Old 01-01-2011 at 04:52 PM   #89
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

You're getting caught up in semantics.. I think you people need to agree on what 'shy' consists of, because its causing you many issues.
Old 01-01-2011 at 05:25 PM   #90
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
I dunno... whadya think, ladies? Are you okay with asking out a guy? Sometimes shy guys are cute but they won't take the initiative so we have to do it for them. And guys, are you okay with girls asking you out? Society says that guys must do the asking. Some guys find it a good trait becasue it bodes confidence, while others think that girls are stealing their spotlight. Thoughts?
I would love it if a girl asked me out! But then again I'm a "shy guy".