MacInsiders Logo

Do you believe in heaven?

Old 10-17-2010 at 01:49 PM   #166
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post
oh right, I do suppose it would be proper to address the question posed by the opening post myself.

Personally I do not believe in a heaven as I believe that to accept the existence of a heaven one must first accept the existence of a higher power. I do not accept there to be a higher power, based on the following logic: There is evil in the world which present 4 possible scenarios for god
  1. God wishes to prevent the evil, but cannot; in this case god is not omnipotent and therefore incapable of creating the university, therefore in this scenario god cannot exist
  2. God wishes to prevent the evil and has the capability; yet there is evil, therefore in this scenario god cannot exist
  3. God does not wish to prevent the evil yet has the capability to do so if he wished; in this scenario god is cruel and hateful and unworthy of praise or worship; therefore in this scenario god cannot exist in the context that people accept him and their faith in the love of god is unfounded
  4. God does not wish to prevent the evil and is incapable of doing so even if he wished; in this case god is not omnipotent and therefore incapable of creating the university, therefore in this scenario god cannot exist

Ur so stupid , the world is a test so there should be evil in it , u got it backwards and the people that liked ur comment are also dumb as u

SilentWalker likes this.
Old 10-17-2010 at 02:09 PM   #167
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve View Post
Ur so stupid , the world is a test so there should be evil in it , u got it backwards and the people that liked ur comment are also dumb as u
Ad hominem, followed up by a non sequitor, finished up with another ad hominem.
Its like a sandwich of bad argument.

Old 10-17-2010 at 02:25 PM   #168
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve View Post
So you believe that god wishes for there to be evil and for bad things to happen to good people and yet you will praise him as a loving lord?
Old 10-17-2010 at 02:56 PM   #169
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
i went to a catholic school for about two years. In our Grade 10 retreat, it was about healthy relationships and at point, the chaplain gave out scrap paper so we could all ask "pressing questions" about our sexuality or relationships or bodies, etc etc.

First question he picked out at random from the drop box:

"Do flavoured condoms taste like latex?

Best.retreat.ever.
Similar thing happened at my grade 11 retreat. We also had a drop box, and my friend asked, "If my girlfriend and I only had **** sex, is she still a virgin?"

That was the only question they read at our retreat.
Old 10-17-2010 at 03:02 PM   #170
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Quote:
So you believe that god wishes for there to be evil and for bad things to happen to good people and yet you will praise him as a loving lord?
Humankind created the evil
Old 10-17-2010 at 03:13 PM   #171
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
Humankind created the evil
Not according to Billy Joel...

Deegs14 likes this.
Old 10-17-2010 at 03:18 PM   #172
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Not according to Billy Joel...

College Humour: We Didn't Start The Flame War.

I can't find the link, otherwise I would post it up

Last edited by AelyaS : 10-17-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-17-2010 at 03:20 PM   #173
Toast
Elite Member

Quote:
College Humour: We Didn't Start The Flame War.

I can't find the link, otherwise I would it up
You mean this?

I approve...

...died at 1:58-2:18.

Hope I go to heaven...

Last edited by Toast : 10-17-2010 at 03:27 PM.

lorend likes this.
Old 10-17-2010 at 03:26 PM   #174
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
You mean this?

I approve...

Yeah! that one.
College Humour is jokes.
Old 10-17-2010 at 03:33 PM   #175
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

College humour is terrible, quite possibly the most unfunny videos in existence. Which would explain your bland humour.
Old 10-17-2010 at 03:33 PM   #176
Toast
Elite Member

Quote:
Yeah! that one.
College Humour is jokes.
So is religion.

We didn't start the flame war,...

Old 10-17-2010 at 03:55 PM   #177
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

To clarify: I agree with the 'necessity of challenge' point that Juve is trying to bring up.. if things are easy and don't come with much effort, then we can't be appreciative for what we have. If life is all fun and perfect for us, then we don't see the value in said perfection, because we can't judge our lives relative to another person. If we continue to live in our ignorant happy bliss without the knowledge that things could be much shittier, we'll not be prepared.

But evil shit like mass starvation and genocide is stupid -- pure suffering refutes this 'challenge' thinking though.

p.s. college humor = rox
Old 10-17-2010 at 04:21 PM   #178
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Budden View Post
College humour is terrible, quite possibly the most unfunny videos in existence. Which would explain your bland humour.
Some of them are REALLY funny, but for the most part I agree with you.

Old 10-17-2010 at 05:10 PM   #179
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

I love this one. Yah I know, Lady Gaga, but its soo funy. (I think, anyways) It's well done.
Old 10-17-2010 at 08:12 PM   #180
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegs14 View Post
Some people believe that heaven/afterlife/etc is in the fourth dimension, which is kinda cool if you think about it.
that would acutally explain a lot if heaven was existed since then our dimension would acutally be within the 4th dimension but we can't see it cause we are limited to our 3D world,

Quote:
4-d is trippy man. this is the 4-d equivilent of a square/cube undergoing rotation rendered in 3-d displayed as a 2-d image.

that weird. i remember watching a documentary where they were explaining the 4th dimension and told how it should not be something we just can't comprehend. like for a 2D image there is no "width" its just non existant and just can't be understood by someone if they lived in a 2D world because to them there is only length and height, and its supposed to be like that for humans, we can speculate what a 4D world might look like but we can never really ever know.

but still thats an awesome pic im going to steel it.

Quote:
i went to a catholic school for about two years. In our Grade 10 retreat, it was about healthy relationships and at point, the chaplain gave out scrap paper so we could all ask "pressing questions" about our sexuality or relationships or bodies, etc etc.

First question he picked out at random from the drop box:

"Do flavoured condoms taste like latex?

Best.retreat.ever.
lucky you... in grade 8 my huge pregnant teacher instead of teaching up math decided to teach us how to use a condom using her fingers for a dick and explained to girls who to put it on for the guys...then kept rotating her fingers so we can get a different angle of how it would look....and she seemed really enthusiastic about it.. it was a really interesting class to say the least. its not everyday you get to witness a pregnant math teacher use a condom over her finger and explain its benifits while giving you a full 360 degree view of it on her 2/3 fingers.