MacInsiders Logo

Do you believe in heaven?

Old 10-16-2010 at 09:17 PM   #136
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

Personally, I don't really like the idea of Heaven. I think I'd get bored.

I much prefer the idea of reincarnation, or simply not existing anymore after I die.

But, with that being said, I still call on my dad for strength when ever I need it, so I'd like to think that he's somewhere close enough to answer me when I need him. Perhaps that's contradictory.

But personally, I don't want to live forever.
Old 10-16-2010 at 09:20 PM   #137
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmastergcdb View Post
There is no heaven and hell. If there was some sort of geographical location called heaven, the astronauts would`ve found it by now.
Please explain how you have jumped to the erroneus conclusion that just because austronauts have not found it, it could not exist. Heck, we dont even know how large the universe is, let alone explored every part of it.
Old 10-16-2010 at 09:22 PM   #138
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDorkulateD View Post
only that it was mandatory, didn't know he went to catholic school though
I'll admit at times religion sucked. Especially since I wanted to take drama but my courseload was full :(

Quote:
There is no heaven and hell. If there was some sort of geographical location called heaven, the astronauts would`ve found it by now.
Lol, that would mean your assuming this so called heaven and hell is somewhere in space. Why not try checking your backyard?

healthsci1 likes this.
Old 10-16-2010 at 09:23 PM   #139
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthsci1 View Post
Please explain how you have jumped to the erroneus conclusion that just because austronauts have not found it, it could not exist. Heck, we dont even know how large the universe is, let alone explored every part of it.
Dude...the myth is hell is in the core of the Earth and Heavens in the sky! Since you would travel their I don't think it should be that far away from the Earth.
Old 10-16-2010 at 09:23 PM   #140
AlienSummer

High school religion class was a joke.
Old 10-16-2010 at 09:24 PM   #141
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienSummer View Post
High school religion class was a joke.
Agreed. But at the same time, was so much fun
Old 10-16-2010 at 09:31 PM   #142
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
Lol, that would mean your assuming this so called heaven and hell is somewhere in space. Why not try checking your backyard?
Im not assuming nothing, It's what I've heard/read lol, like you go up to heavens. Even the movies show the heaven in mids of clouds. Now blame me eh?
Old 10-16-2010 at 09:33 PM   #143
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Quote:
Im not assuming nothing, It's what I've heard/read lol, like you go up to heavens. Even the movies show the heaven in mids of clouds. Now blame me eh?
nah once they figured out it wasn't there they moved it to an imaginary place where nobody could check if it's really there or not

xxsumz says thanks to ShouldBeStudying for this post.

healthsci1, mcmastergcdb like this.
Old 10-16-2010 at 09:56 PM   #144
AlienSummer

Quote:
I've always imagined that Heaven was meant to be a spiritual place, which is why our physical bodies are left behind. If it's spiritual, you wouldn't necessarily see it.

But that's how I've always imagined the concept to be understood.

AelyaS likes this.
Old 10-16-2010 at 10:00 PM   #145
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
I've always imagined that Heaven was meant to be a spiritual place, which is why our physical bodies are left behind. If it's spiritual, you wouldn't necessarily see it.

But what if our spirits leave this body to go into another physical body in this heaven?
Old 10-16-2010 at 10:06 PM   #146
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Quote:

I know what you mean..I used it as a metaphor if it was geographical location. I imagine the heavens the way you do as well, but just saying...mostly abrahamic religions have the concept of heavn and hell though.

Last edited by mcmastergcdb : 10-16-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-16-2010 at 10:09 PM   #147
AlienSummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
But what if our spirits leave this body to go into another physical body in this heaven?
If that's what you believe, then good for you. I don't believe in Heaven, as I stated in my first post in this thread. I was just presenting how most Christians I know understand the concept, pointing out how astronauts would not be able to disprove Heaven simply because they went into outer space.

Edit: I just reread my post, and I can see why you would be confused by what I said.
Old 10-16-2010 at 10:12 PM   #148
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

This 'heaven is in outerspace' deal reminds me of this one guy I knew who was sure that heaven was on the other side of the sun and had the same orbit as earth, so we could never see it.
Old 10-16-2010 at 10:14 PM   #149
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

If you believe in heaven, then you must believe in hell, right? Would one then belive in purgatory as well, or is that strictly a Catholic concept?
Old 10-16-2010 at 10:26 PM   #150
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

I prefer not to think about anything religion related... Just live your life however you want. It's all you've got.

Equinox likes this.