SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthsci1 View Post
hes a dude
link removed
No shit Sherlock.

And please remove that link. I'd rather it not be public. Although I know people can still search for me...this makes it easier for them to find me.
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:19 PM   #107
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Please read the whole thread to gain context before posting anything. I'm well aware he is a male. I actually bother to read the names. Bloodywarz assumed he was female and thus mikaeel called him a troll. I'm saying its unfair for him to call people trolls for them assuming he is female when his avatar is of a female. Most people are too lazy to read names.

edit: I assumed "you're a horrible troll." was due to "And I'm not a she" as bloodywarz was on topic and not trolling.

Last edited by Replekia : 10-16-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:21 PM   #108
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post
Please read the whole thread to gain context before posting anything. I'm well aware he is a male. I actually bother to read the names. Bloodywarz assumed he was female and thus mikaeel called him a troll. I'm saying its unfair for him to call people trolls for them assuming he is female when his avatar is of a female. Most people are too lazy to read names.
I didn't call him a troll because he called me a girl. I called him a troll because initially, he insulted most people he was replying to. Like calling me a dip
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:22 PM   #109
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

And STOP QUOTING THE POST WITH MY PROFILE LINK!!!

Everyone who quoted it/posted it, please remove the link.

And yea....on topic now....
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:23 PM   #110
REPLEKIA/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
I didn't call him a troll because he called me a girl. I called him a troll because initially, he insulted most people he was replying to. Like calling me a dip
Juxtaposition makes people assume things "You're a horrible troll. And I'm not a she" and by that point we already covered that he misinterpreted your posts and that lead to the insult.

off topic: I really want to see the virtual poo emoticon be removed.

on the topic: Does anyone else think this thread was made by Joe simply to be a flamebait?
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:26 PM   #111
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
Juxtaposition makes people assume things "You're a horrible troll. And I'm not a she" and by that point we already covered that he misinterpreted your posts and that lead to the insult.

If you read the post, you'd see that I addressed his initial point. I quoted him, then said he's a horrible troll, then quoted him calling me a she, and told him I'm not a she. The isolation due to 2 distinct quotes should remove the correlation causing you to assume that I called him a troll because he addressed me by the wrong gender. No insinuation.

EDIT: @Replica...he said it himself. He did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Budden View Post
I made this thread purposely to see atheists vs religious people, its always amusing.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 10-16-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:27 PM   #112
Shmowen
Absent-Minded Professor

Liked: 141 Times

Ya, I believe in Heaven - we're living in it right now.
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:28 PM   #113
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:

on the topic: Does anyone else think this thread was made by Joe simply to be a flamebait?
agreed that poop is annoying and desda for some odd reason loves to give out virtual poop...not quite sure why...

oh yea you no what i was wondering about for heaven.. if heaven is meant to be the exactly the way each person wants then does that mean each person gets their own "separate" heaven or if its like in one big heaven and each person like has their own little section but then what if someone wants someone else in their heaven but that person doesn't want to in the other persons heaven
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:29 PM   #114
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Quote:
Lolyes.

I used to get quite involved in threads like this on other forums. Then I learned to accept that it was a waste of time, and that people will ignore logic as they like. I would, however, like to invite all to take a listen to this beat poem that discusses religion, spiritiuality, alternative meds, and all the rest of that...well. Ahem.

A favourite bit of mine:

“You’re so sure of your position
But you’re just closed-minded
I think you’ll find
Your faith in Science and Tests
Is just as blind
As the faith of any fundamentalist”

“Hm that’s a good point, let me think for a bit
Oh wait, my mistake, it’s absolute bullshit.
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved.
[...]

You show me that it works and how it works
And when I’ve recovered from the shock
I will take a compass and carve Fancy That on the side of my ****.”

Last edited by Amaryll : 10-16-2010 at 07:35 PM.

bloodywarz, REPLEKIA/. all say thanks to Amaryll for this post.

Entropy, REPLEKIA/. like this.
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:41 PM   #115
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Holy trollfest, batman.

Old 10-16-2010 at 07:45 PM   #116
REPLEKIA/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryll View Post
<INSERT AWESOME BEAT POEM HERE>
I can honestly say i really enjoyed that. Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryll View Post
I used to get quite involved in threads like this on other forums. Then I learned to accept that it was a waste of time, and that people will ignore logic as they like. I would, however, like to invite all to take a listen to this beat poem that discusses religion, spiritiuality, alternative meds, and all the rest of that...well. Ahem.
I know i shouldn't waste my time on it, but when christian fundies start telling people that they are going to hell for not being christian it really bothers me. I had a close friend who died, I'll not get into too much detail, but a member of the christian fellowship at my school very adamantly insisted, out of nowhere mind you,that it was because she was "a worthless pagan sinner unloved by god for her misdeeds" and then proceeded to tell me if I didn't accept god into my heart a far worse fate would befall me and that I would go to hell for being an atheist. She was an amazing person I cared for very much, and I didn't want to listen to that shit. If that wasn't bad enough he got several of his friends in on it too. This memory is enough to make me really angry when I hear people telling other people they are going to go to hell for not being christian. it almost feels like disrespect for the dead. What about the love of god? What about caring for your neighbours?

Last edited by Replekia : 10-16-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:58 PM   #117
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
I know i shouldn't waste my time on it, but when christian fundies start telling people that they are going to hell for not being christian it really bothers me. I had a close friend who died, I'll not get into too much detail, but a member of the christian fellowship at my school very adamantly insisted, out of nowhere mind you,that it was because she was "a worthless pagan sinner unloved by god for her misdeeds" and then proceeded to tell me if I didn't accept god into my heart a far worse fate would befall me and that I would go to hell for being an atheist. She was an amazing person I cared for very much, and I didn't want to listen to that shit. If that wasn't bad enough he got several of his friends in on it too. This memory is enough to make me really angry when I hear people telling other people they are going to go to hell for not being christian. it almost feels like disrespect for the dead. What about the love of god? What about caring for your neighbours?

please tell me you ****ing punched that guy so hard in the face you broke his nose and lost a few teeth. That is soo f*ed up i cant believe he said that... people some times take religion too damn far you should have the right to believe whatever you want. One really bad thing about religions is that almost all of them state of you don't believe in this religion your going to hell or something like that its kinda sad. But dude i say yu go and find that guy and just punch him in the face again.
Old 10-16-2010 at 08:03 PM   #118
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodywarz View Post
please tell me you ****ing punched that guy so hard in the face you broke his nose and lost a few teeth. That is soo f*ed up i cant believe he said that... people some times take religion too damn far you should have the right to believe whatever you want. One really bad thing about religions is that almost all of them state of you don't believe in this religion your going to hell or something like that its kinda sad. But dude i say yu go and find that guy and just punch him in the face again.
Ye punching the guy will solve everything. When will people learn that violence does not solve anything, it only begets more violence. The individual is already punishing himself through observing his religion in a manner where he sees himself as superiour to others. Whenever someone tries to argue about religion with me, my logic comes from the following verses:

"I worship not that which you worship,
3. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.
4. "And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping.
5. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.
6. "To you be your religion, and to me my religion

REPLEKIA/., SilentWalker like this.
Old 10-16-2010 at 08:04 PM   #119
REPLEKIA/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodywarz View Post
What I did do is plenty of research and then presented to him a variety of passages from the bible and got him to believe that he would be going to hell for the way he treated my friend and I unless he changed his ways and became a 'better person'. he never bothered me or anyone else again by trying to convert people.
Old 10-16-2010 at 08:08 PM   #120
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
What I did do is plenty of research and then presented to him a variety of passages from the bible and got him to believe that he would be going to hell for the way he treated my friend and I unless he changed his ways and became a 'better person'. he never bothered me or anyone else again by trying to convert people.
...still i would have knocked him out and taught him a bit of respecting the dead.. even if violence brings about more violence if someone bad mouths a deceased friend of mine to that extent boy ill give them living hell alrite. but i guess you did the more righteous thing. good job