MacInsiders Logo

Do you believe in heaven?

Old 10-16-2010 at 02:47 PM   #31
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
What you said in your middle paragraph contradicts your final statement: "Everything we humans know is based on science and the only reason we can have these discussions is cause of us learning and basing it on things that we know are real and aren't real (proven by science) so you really got to be out your mind for telling people they have to believe in God even though there is physically/scientifically no way to prove it."

AND THEN to say that you do believe in God? After everything you said how it can't be scientfically proven, but yet everything we know has been ptoven by science... so if there is no evidence, it can't be real?

Spoke by a true science student.
Everything we know is based on science...anything we believe is not. God has neither been proven nor disproven to exist, so either opinion is valid and has its own reasons for/against. I think his point was that since either is valid, you can't tell people they're stupid for not believing in god, since there is no more proof for god's existence than there is against it.

Edit: In science, laws are things that have been proven (and yes, you can prove things in science, the same way you can prove anything in a non-science field...for example, you can prove that I went to Fortinos today if you look at their security videos, or my reciept). Theories are things that we have been unable to disprove, but have not been able to find solid proof to prove that the theory is correct, either.

Last edited by nerual : 10-16-2010 at 02:50 PM.

bloodywarz likes this.
Old 10-16-2010 at 02:48 PM   #32
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
Everything we know is based on science...anything we believe is not. God has neither been proven nor disproven to exist, so either opinion is valid and has its own reasons for/against. I think his point was that since either is valid, you can't tell people they're stupid for not believing in god, since there is no more proof for god's existence than there is against it.
Good point.
Old 10-16-2010 at 02:52 PM   #33
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
What you said in your middle paragraph contradicts your final statement: "Everything we humans know is based on science and the only reason we can have these discussions is cause of us learning and basing it on things that we know are real and aren't real (proven by science) so you really got to be out your mind for telling people they have to believe in God even though there is physically/scientifically no way to prove it."

AND THEN to say that you do believe in God? After everything you said how it can't be scientfically proven, but yet everything we know has been ptoven by science... so if there is no evidence, it can't be real?

Spoke by a true science student.
hahaha we humans are irrational beings, i never really believed in God but i had a rough time and i decided asking God for help, things took a turn for better, so i like to believe it was cause of my faith, of course rationally things might have taken a turn for the better whether i started believing or not but is that a chance i would like to take ? nope. and hey who knows maybe god is real and science will never be able to prove it otherwise or vise versa but i have a lot of emotional pressure that believes in something that has yet to be proven cause it just feels right to me. To others God can't be proven and it just doesn't feel right for them to believe in something like that. Scientific or not in the end it just comes down to what you feel is right. lol i can acutally scientifically argue that god is real but there's always someone who can argue hes not against me and it can go on for years so lets make it easy and let everyone decide for themselves instead of forcing our views on them.

So yes it is spoken like a science study. Hence you couldn't understand the deep meaning of it
Old 10-16-2010 at 02:52 PM   #34
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

I made this thread purposely to see atheists vs religious people, its always amusing.
Old 10-16-2010 at 02:53 PM   #35
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Budden View Post
I made this thread purposely to see atheists vs religious people, its always amusing.
Interesting that it's turned into a sort of science vs religion, though

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 10-16-2010 at 02:57 PM   #36
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegs14 View Post
/sarcasm?
<6char>
No / ./
Old 10-16-2010 at 03:03 PM   #37
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
Wrong. Science (from the Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge") is an enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the natural world.

Science looks at phenomena, creates a hypothesis about it, and finds a way to disprove them. If successful at least once (such as spontaneous creation), it is discarded, i.e. another explanation must be found for any other scientific phenomena that followed the disproved hypothesis under the tested conditions. The existence of heaven has not been tested. It has not been proven false. That does not mean that we have to believe in it. It just means that we can't say 'scientifically it doesn't exist'. The theory or gravity, relativity, quantum theory and the theory of evolution are just that - theories. Scientists based everything else in accordance to them because we haven't falsified them as yet. But that's what they're trying to do every day. Every new league in research opens up new opportunities to disprove what we believe in.

Again, nothing is proven by science.
*sigh* do you even know what prove means: establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment; "The experiment demonstrated the instability of the compound"; "The mathematician showed the validity of the conjecture"

so yes science proves to us that earth revolves around the sun, that there is no oxygen in space.

The existence of heaven has not been tested. It has not been proven false. That does not mean that we have to believe in it. It just means that we can't say 'scientifically it doesn't exist'.

how can you prove something that isn't real? "heaven" is something composed of by a human told onto another human, it wasn't based on any facts rather it was said to be told from "God" another statement composed by humans. Thats like me telling you there is a monkey on your Shoulder and that monkey says once you die your going to a place FULL of bananas. how can you possible state that its false. It has not been proven false. That does not mean that we have to believe in it. It just means that we can't say 'scientifically it doesn't exist'.

be we all no thats not real and doesn't exist.
Old 10-16-2010 at 03:04 PM   #38
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Budden View Post
rofl in my case that would be a fail since im neither but believe in God but arguing about how he might not be real.... i think that counter productive

...yea i think i should stop doing that
Old 10-16-2010 at 03:13 PM   #39
drhorrible

Liked: 98 Times

Yes, I do. And it's got a beer volcano and a stripper factory.

Rakim, lawleypop, _Luu_ like this.
Old 10-16-2010 at 03:26 PM   #40
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhorrible View Post
Yes, I do. And it's got a beer volcano and a stripper factory.
may i please join your heaven?

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 10-16-2010 at 03:55 PM   #41
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Sometimes I wish I did; but no, I don't
Old 10-16-2010 at 04:04 PM   #42
Kerbs

Liked: 17 Times

I believe in the Heaven as declared in the bible.
Old 10-16-2010 at 04:19 PM   #43
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

I'm very proud of the MI community that this thread has made it this far without a substantial flame war starting.

Everyone has earned a sticker

micadjems likes this.
Old 10-16-2010 at 04:23 PM   #44
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

DIRECTED TO BLOODYWARZ:

First off I would like to note that I laughed out loud (I actually did) when you said "Thats like me telling you there is a monkey on your Shoulder and that monkey says once you die your going to a place FULL of bananas." and "may i please join your heaven?." Thanks for a chuckle.

Me not understanding the "deep meaning" of a science study, huh? Well I'm not going to disagree with you on that one, that's why I didn't take science LOL. Just kidding, I unstand the study of many science theries, but not all of them. One of my best friends is in 4th year pharmacology (at Western) and he'll come home and tell me about different theories and what they involve; half the time I don't know how he remembers to even spell them let alone remember all the concepts.

And go ahead, "scientifivally argue why God is real." I'm all ears.
Old 10-16-2010 at 04:30 PM   #45
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
DIRECTED TO BLOODYWARZ:

First off I would like to note that I laughed out loud (I actually did) when you said "Thats like me telling you there is a monkey on your Shoulder and that monkey says once you die your going to a place FULL of bananas." and "may i please join your heaven?." Thanks for a chuckle.

Me not understanding the "deep meaning" of a science study, huh? Well I'm not going to disagree with you on that one, that's why I didn't take science LOL. Just kidding, I unstand the study of many science theries, but not all of them. One of my best friends is in 4th year pharmacology (at Western) and he'll come home and tell me about different theories and what they involve; half the time I don't know how he remembers to even spell them let alone remember all the concepts.

And go ahead, "scientifivally argue why God is real." I'm all ears.
lol you know what me and you have in common? we make a shit load of spelling mistakes i spent hours arguing about why god was fake (when i didnt believe) and why he was real (when i did believe) typing all that up would require forever and doesn't work since im so damn lazy and ill be typing so fast there will be 2 many mistakes and everyone will get mad . But yea it all basically has to do with how each action has a reaction and how it would be an infinite amount of actions and there can never be a "first action" unless there is something that doesn't have to follow that law, and basically how something can't emerge out of nothing.