MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Printer kanvi_v30 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 30 08-18-2011 09:02 PM
Help with my printer. Rakim Computers & Tech 2 09-24-2010 04:00 PM
printer cjdzl First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 16 08-24-2010 04:04 PM
Looking to buy a new printer? LBJ.MVP General Discussion 9 09-03-2009 12:45 PM
printer dondada First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 07-29-2009 11:27 PM

How do you set up the PrintSmart printer on Mac?

Members have rated post #344286 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 09-19-2012 at 10:36 PM   #1
MHResident

Liked: 5 Times

How do you set up the PrintSmart printer on Mac?
I downloaded the driver for mac, but what do I do next? I tried adding a new printer and new ip printer, but neither seem to work. Any ideas?

chrisA likes this.
Old 09-20-2012 at 12:39 AM   #2
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

Wait, you're not done yet...
Once you've finished installing the client, go to your "Printers and Faxes" window (via Control Panel) and add a printer. It should be a Networked printer called \\pinprq01\Campus-Follow-You (this is for staff, or personal laptops).
Old 09-20-2012
chrisA
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-20-2012
chrisA
Old 09-20-2012
chrisA
Old 09-20-2012
chrisA
Old 09-20-2012 at 01:43 PM   #3
chrisA

Liked: 15 Times

Try this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCHEDDENITE View Post
Wait, you're not done yet...
Once you've finished installing the client, go to your "Printers and Faxes" window (via Control Panel) and add a printer. It should be a Networked printer called \\pinprq01\Campus-Follow-You (this is for staff, or personal laptops).
Unfortunately, those directions from the website are not helpful in the least.

The online instructions are not nearly detailed enough for mac users. Here are the steps I had to take to make it work.

Download and install the client software for mac. http://printsmart.mcmaster.c a/downloads.html

You need to download the printer driver from the Sharp website here

Now you can go to system preferences, Print & Scan, then click the little plus button to add a printer.

Right click (or control-click) on the toolbar along the top of the add printer windows and click "customize toolbar"

Drag the gear icon labeled "advanced" into the toolbar. Click done, then select the advanced button you just added.

After it is finished searching, make sure "type" is set to "equitrack printing..."

In the url space, type: eqtrans://pinprq01/Campus-Follow-You

Under "Use" click "select printer software" Select "Sharp MX-2310U PPD" which should be in the list if you installed the driver in step 2. Click add, click okay.

Now when you print, select pinprq01 as the printer, and you should be prompted to login. When it asks for an account number, ignore it and click OK. It should tell you the cost, and you should be all set.

In my opinion, these steps are far too complicated to be left up to the user. The Printsmart webpage is sorely in need of improvement.

If you have any problems, please ask me.

Chris

p.s. My apologies for the quintuple post :

Last edited by chrisA : 09-20-2012 at 02:02 PM.

5.98e24, malycknm, MHResident all say thanks to chrisA for this post.

Old 09-21-2012 at 11:42 AM   #4
MHResident

Liked: 5 Times

Thanks so much Chris, those were good instructions. I owe you one.