Do you like 1280? Kathy2 General Discussion 84 10-07-2009 11:01 AM
1280 joannasmith General Discussion 5 10-03-2009 11:08 AM

What do you want to see from 1280?

Old 07-31-2009 at 12:21 PM   #1
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

What do you want to see from 1280?
As we all know, there are many changes that are going to be done to the new venue, aside from the renovations. The venue is undergoing a re-branding process and some of things that we are planning to improve are the events, the food and the drinks. Let us know if there is something in particular that you want to see on the menu or if you have any suggestions for drink specials. We want the menu improved so that it's healthier and students will have a variety of food options to choose from. We also want to improve the overall feel of bar nights at the venue. Let us know if you have suggestions for bar nights or themes. Post here or feel free to email me at [email protected]. I'm curious to hear all your ideas...

finklej, Taunton all say thanks to Nino for this post.
Old 07-31-2009 at 12:29 PM   #2
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 394 Times

- Nachos with real cheese and no lettuce.
- Good dark beer on tap
- No more southwest steak
- MORE RAF!

Nino, Taunton like this.
Old 07-31-2009 at 12:32 PM   #3
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

I'd just like to say that when you do go to 1280 for the first time, let us know how it was! I'm an active user here, and I'll be seeing these posts, but I'm also going to be talking to people at 1280, in classroom visits, in the halls, etc etc.

I'll be bringing it up, but make sure, whether the experience is good/bad/mediocre, you let us know, because I know that I want this to be successful, and problems we see should be bitten in the bud.

Keep an eye out especially for the food and the service... those are imperative in my mind.

Nino, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 07-31-2009 at 12:40 PM   #4
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 10 Times

I hope to see some sandwiches or wraps. I'd like to be able to go to 1280 for a somewhat healthy lunch (not a burger and fries) and not spend too much money (I'm thinking like $3 for a wrap).

I actually didn't know there were many events or parties or anything at Quarters, other than on Halloween and stuff like that. I'd like to see some better promotion for those kinds of events. Theme nights would be fun!

jachill, Moo!io, Nino like this.
Old 07-31-2009 at 12:48 PM   #5
finklej
Vice President Education

Liked: 42 Times

Thanks for posting this Fadil.
Old 07-31-2009 at 01:11 PM   #6
àlacarte

Liked: 8 Times

cheap drinks and a good atmosphere
Old 07-31-2009 at 01:52 PM   #7
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Natural light

Old 07-31-2009 at 02:27 PM   #8
deadpool
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyV View Post
Natural light
You know the main bar in the pub area? It had all sorts of shelves and crap that covered the windows.

Now, that area holds a number of booths, so the light is allowed to enter the place.

It looks very different.

Also, on top of the stage there is a high ceiling, and the east side of it has a skylight which I recently discovered to be unblocked!

It looks a LOT better on the pub side with the natural light.

Nino says thanks to deadpool for this post.
Old 07-31-2009 at 02:32 PM   #9
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

Great suggestions everyone. Keep all the input coming!
Old 07-31-2009 at 02:33 PM   #10
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

well..

I only ever used quarters for a place to eat or hold events..

For the food, I would love to see fresh and locally grown foods.. If it's done right, it doesn't have to be expensive. How awesome would it be to have our own student restaurant setting higher standards on campus. At the end of the year, I believe Quarters was the only place still using styrofoam take-out containers.. I'm not really sure about the Phoenix but hospitality has really listened to students and taken huge strides in making services more environmentally friendly. The MSU has a service that promotes all of these environmental ideals and yet another that does just the opposite - that just seems weird.

Also, vegetarian meals.. like, an actual decent selection. This restaurant is a perfect example of an amazing eatery. It is gourmet vegan but besides that, the food is amazing, cheap (and it has managed to maintain these prices even in downtown Toronto), and the place is gorgeous! Danielle and I bought the recipe books from this place and they are fantastic!... and it's.. dare I say.. better than Bridges chili.

(for the veg's out there, try and get a copy of their books.. soooooo good!!!! I've posted some recipes in the MI recipe section)

Just look at how they describe their food.. they actually care!:

Food

We make our food from scratch with wholesome natural ingredients, so you never have to worry about hidden chemicals, sweeteners or preservatives. Our recipes are prepared in our kitchens 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We don’t cook with butter, dairy, eggs, honey or any other hidden animal by-products. However, dairy is offered as a side option throughout the menu.

Our main goal each day is to provide freshly made food and juice as quickly as possible, without compromising on quality or service. We have often been asked why we don’t freeze our foods, which would make things easier for everyone. Our answer remains: our name is “fresh”, not “frozen”.

We cater to all people, whether vegan or not, providing items everyone can relate to. The taste and how you feel after your meal is of paramount importance to us. We want you to feel good inside and out.

Our vegan menu boasts an array of exotic starters, multi-layered salads, filling wraps, high protein burgers and our signature Fresh bowls. Better still, you can customize your meal with a large variety of sides and add-ons.

Last edited by temara.brown : 07-31-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-31-2009 at 02:36 PM   #11
deadpool
X-Man

TBrown.

In other news, creepy steve's arch enemy, the bartender John is a manager now, so steve might not be there this year.

temara.brown likes this.
Old 07-31-2009 at 02:39 PM   #12
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

HAHAHAHAHAHAA YAAAAAY!!!!

I wish there was a "Likes this x1,000,000,000,000" option...
Old 07-31-2009 at 02:40 PM   #13
b_rad

Liked: 1 Time

pre game rallies for football, rugby, etc.

scott000 likes this.
Old 07-31-2009 at 04:33 PM   #14
macsci
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

Cheap beer, live music
Old 07-31-2009 at 05:29 PM   #15
Alex McColl

Liked: 11 Times

A budget in the black with a 10 year amortization schedule.

I'd also like to see an off-the-hook Halloween with a slutty-themed costume contest (I can't take credit for this idea, Quarters did this in my 2nd year - it was awesome! Before I get lambasted by feminists there are 2 things I'd like to point out: 1) As anyone who attended my "Bringing Slutty Back Halloween 2007" party will tell you, I encourage both sexes to rock slutty costumes. 2) If you want to dictate what another woman can and can't wear, how does that empower them?)

Juicebox likes this.