1280? Qadd General Discussion 31 08-26-2010 09:55 PM
So I went to 1280... SciMania Restaurants & Food Reviews 19 02-12-2010 12:27 AM
Do you like 1280? Kathy2 General Discussion 84 10-07-2009 11:01 AM
1280 joannasmith General Discussion 5 10-03-2009 11:08 AM

What do you want to see from 1280?

Old 08-01-2009 at 03:57 PM   #31
Matt Wright

Liked: 49 Times

Good input, everyone. Now let's try and use the MSU website.

http://php.orbiscommunicatio ns.com...opic.php?id=30
Old 08-01-2009 at 03:59 PM   #32
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Wright View Post
Good input, everyone. Now let's try and use the MSU website.

http://php.orbiscommunicatio ns.com...opic.php?id=30
no thanks, just fine where i am!

james2255 says thanks to deadpool for this post.

Old 08-05-2009 at 10:10 AM   #33
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 36 Times

I'm sorry, but where have you ever seen a wrap for $3?
Go to McDonalds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherH View Post
I hope to see some sandwiches or wraps. I'd like to be able to go to 1280 for a somewhat healthy lunch (not a burger and fries) and not spend too much money (I'm thinking like $3 for a wrap).

I actually didn't know there were many events or parties or anything at Quarters, other than on Halloween and stuff like that. I'd like to see some better promotion for those kinds of events. Theme nights would be fun!
Old 08-05-2009 at 11:23 AM   #34
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

Last summer, quarters had a veggie wrap on the menu for $5 and it came with a side salad or fries. Then THEY GOT RID OF IT. It was the only thing I liked on the menu and then it was gone.

1. bring back veggie wrap, dammit!
2. no creepy steve (seems to be taken care of)
Old 08-05-2009 at 11:38 AM   #35
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katia View Post
I'm sorry, but where have you ever seen a wrap for $3?
Go to McDonalds.
I don't see why it would be impossible to roll up some ham and cheese in a wrap and sell it for $3. I've seen wraps and sandwiches priced around 3 bucks a LOT of times.

Chicken on a bun with mayo, lettuce and tomatoes sells in La Piazza for $4. Put it in a wrap instead and there you go.
Old 08-05-2009 at 11:39 AM   #36
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by temara.brown View Post
Last summer, quarters had a veggie wrap on the menu for $5 and it came with a side salad or fries. Then THEY GOT RID OF IT. It was the only thing I liked on the menu and then it was gone.

1. bring back veggie wrap, dammit!
2. no creepy steve (seems to be taken care of)
There was a chicken club wrap for about $5 that I liked, but they got rid of that also. :(

Ian Finlay likes this.
Old 08-05-2009 at 06:44 PM   #37
katesaidhi

Liked: 3 Times

I'd like to see more comedy events.
Old 08-05-2009 at 06:55 PM   #38
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Drunk 18 year old gir[ls]

Don't worry, with the proximity to residence and many a club night, our Campus Bar (whatever it's called or remade to be) will always be full of these.
Old 08-05-2009 at 08:01 PM   #39
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Liked: 46 Times

Can we pleeeeeeeeeeeease have a better/bigger beer selection? I'm all for cheap beers when you're there with a group and everything, but sometimes one is in the mood for a nice lager/ale with their meal (eg Rickard's Red)..... not a Blue.

If too many kegs are a problem, then just have bottles for the less frequented brands.

But yes... we need more beer.

Morrrrrre beeeeeeeer.

Actually, I think we should have a third bar on campus. First floor of JHE.

Old 08-06-2009 at 11:23 AM   #40
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

As already mentioned, better service, and a menu with more selection.

I'd also like better theme nights. There are so many possibilities for good theme nights that I've never seen at Quarters and I'd like that to change.

Better advertising would help too. Get Quarters to use the Residence LCD system, poster monkeys, sidewalk sale, the MSU bulletin boards, the Mac Pass, and Compass' LCD screen and/or bulletin boards. Have Quarters "reps" at events (football games, Maroons events, Faculty Olympics, WW in general) giving away free swag. This would also include the two service fairs that the MSU does in each term.

You can also do combined promotions with two MSU services. It worked last year with Compass and MacGreen, and there is no reason why Quarters can't work something out with another service as well.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Last edited by lorend : 08-06-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-06-2009 at 12:04 PM   #41
mgallant

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by theomicron View Post
Can we pleeeeeeeeeeeease have a better/bigger beer selection? I'm all for cheap beers when you're there with a group and everything, but sometimes one is in the mood for a nice lager/ale with their meal (eg Rickard's Red)..... not a Blue.

If too many kegs are a problem, then just have bottles for the less frequented brands.

But yes... we need more beer.

Morrrrrre beeeeeeeer.

Actually, I think we should have a third bar on campus. First floor of JHE.

+1

A beer list more similar to that of the Phoenix would be great. Amsterdam Blonde is a great premium lager that the Phoenix somehow gets dirt cheap. I think a pitcher of it is like 11-12 bucks. Also would love to see Steam Whistle, Mill St. (Tankhouse Ale!), and some other craft beers. I'm tired of going out and having to order Canadian... eeeugh.
Old 08-06-2009 at 12:37 PM   #42
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
As already mentioned, better service, and a menu with more selection.

I'd also like better theme nights. There are so many possibilities for good theme nights that I've never seen at Quarters and I'd like that to change.

Better advertising would help too. Get Quarters to use the Residence LCD system, poster monkeys, sidewalk sale, the MSU bulletin boards, the Mac Pass, and Compass' LCD screen and/or bulletin boards. Have Quarters "reps" at events (football games, Maroons events, Faculty Olympics, WW in general) giving away free swag. This would also include the two service fairs that the MSU does in each term.

You can also do combined promotions with two MSU services. It worked last year with Compass and MacGreen, and there is no reason why Quarters can't work something out with another service as well.
One of the things I'm hoping for this year is to get the MSU to contact HCAs/CAs at residence buildings to send out phone messages to students regarding MSU stuff. I want more first years to get involved with the MSU, just like I did in the past year.
Old 08-06-2009 at 12:47 PM   #43
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 36 Times

random question....
a friend of mine who worked at Pheonix told me alot of people don't tip there. is this true? coz I used to go to Quarters alot andI always tip 3-4 bucks...meanwhile most dont?
Old 08-06-2009 at 12:52 PM   #44
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nino View Post
One of the things I'm hoping for this year is to get the MSU to contact HCAs/CAs at residence buildings to send out phone messages to students regarding MSU stuff. I want more first years to get involved with the MSU, just like I did in the past year.
That may be a bit tricky. I have a feeling it may have to go through the RM's first...which I tend to think means it won't be going anywhere.

BUT that's not to say that individual CA's can't and won't be pushing for various MSU events.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-06-2009 at 01:41 PM   #45
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Liked: 46 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgallant View Post
+1

A beer list more similar to that of the Phoenix would be great. Amsterdam Blonde is a great premium lager that the Phoenix somehow gets dirt cheap. I think a pitcher of it is like 11-12 bucks. Also would love to see Steam Whistle, Mill St. (Tankhouse Ale!), and some other craft beers. I'm tired of going out and having to order Canadian... eeeugh.
Yeah, the Phoenix has some good beers... especially Anti Gravity

Some of their stuff on tap is from really random microbreweries and leaves much to be desired, however.

Amsterdam is always cheap - try visiting the brewery in downtown Toronto!

25 pack of Blonde for $32 (there abouts)

But the bottom line is.......... MOORRRRRRRREEEEEE BEEEEEEEERRRRRR. Almost everyone likes Corona and Heineken (I think Quarters served Corona's before? I can't remember - went there once and switched to the Phoenix), so even though they're a bit pricier, I'm sure many people will still pay for it.

Rickard's Red would also make me very, very happy.

Still think a bar in JHE is a swell idea...