MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You NEED to Watch This. mellye Anime & Comic Books 10 09-18-2010 10:46 PM
New blog - MSU watch! msupundit General Discussion 28 12-01-2009 10:03 PM
Watch Yourself at 1280! micadjems General Discussion 4 09-04-2009 11:16 AM
movie theatres in hamilton... movie club? macculkin General Discussion 7 06-27-2009 09:23 PM
Watch This! lorend General Discussion 0 10-06-2007 06:25 PM

What does it take for you to watch a movie?

Old 04-23-2010 at 04:29 PM   #46
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
I second Repo. I hate musicals, but that was pretty epic.

Also, Godfather 1 and 2. Great movies, and are fantastically long to kill some time for you. DO NOT WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME TO KILL ON THE THIRD< EVEN IF YOU HAVE WEEKS TO KILL. Your time could be spent doing something more worthwhile, like reading a book, adopting a puppy, or gnawing off your own arm.

Alien and Aliens are good for some time killin' as well.
You gave me shit for about two hours when I was trying to get out to watch it ad after that all you had to say was that it was alright, but you can admit on the forum that it was epic? Rage.

Completely unrelated. Either I'm really hungry or this chick beside me smells like a pizza sub. Nomnomnom.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 04-23-2010 at 05:11 PM   #47
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
You gave me shit for about two hours when I was trying to get out to watch it ad after that all you had to say was that it was alright, but you can admit on the forum that it was epic? Rage.

Completely unrelated. Either I'm really hungry or this chick beside me smells like a pizza sub. Nomnomnom.
I give you shit for hours about everything. Dont act surprised.

Just bite her, and see what happens. Maybe you're so hungry you're hallucinating. It's best to just find out.
Old 04-23-2010 at 05:12 PM   #48
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
Ive never seen the Godfather. No idea why either.
Srsly, fix that.
Old 04-23-2010 at 05:18 PM   #49
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Srsly, fix that.
I should, shouldnt I.
Old 04-23-2010 at 05:21 PM   #50
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
I should, shouldnt I.
Definitely. They're 2 of the only only movies older than me that I can watch over and over. If Lawley ever gives them back to me...
Old 04-23-2010 at 05:44 PM   #51
khaotic

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
While were on the subject of movie watchin...anyone got a few reccomendations?
The Lookout is a pretty good movie. It didn't get a lot of attention when it was released, but it was one of those gems. I have no idea why that was the first to come to my mind though...

Oh and you should check out the Prestige too. I was just talking to someone about it. Great movie. You could watch The Illusionist, which was released around the same time and also involves magic. However I would say Prestige is defiantly the better of the 2.

I got a whole bunch of other movies, but I got a exam to study for and don't have the time to type them all up.

Edit: If you remember The Departed then you should check out Infernal Affairs. It's the Hong Kong film that it was based on. I think Infernal Affairs is superior to The Departed in a number of ways. But I guess that's cause Departed was tailored more to the American audience and I'm just too Asian

Damn... I wanna watch some old school HK cop movies now.

Last edited by khaotic : 04-23-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-23-2010 at 05:46 PM   #52
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Definitely. They're 2 of the only only movies older than me that I can watch over and over. If Lawley ever gives them back to me...
I still need to finish the 3rd! Oh ge'ez, that's been in my tv for months now. What a horrible, horrible movie. I think I'm at the part where he's in Cuba. Or some other country.

Old 04-23-2010 at 09:12 PM   #53
julianface
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

foreign films are great for a few reasons. The subtitles force you to pay attention, and only the good ones make it to north america. Also the foreign films that make it in north america don't do so because they appeal to a large audience its because they are considered great cinematic works.

if minimalist films tickle your fancy a Kim Ki-Duk movie like 3 iron or spring, summer, fall, winter, and spring.

city of god is a classic, its about criminal youth in brazil

and my favorite movie of all time is departures, as long as you aren't a short attention span explosion type person you should like or at the very least appreciate this film.
Old 04-23-2010 at 09:49 PM   #54
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
I still need to finish the 3rd! Oh ge'ez, that's been in my tv for months now. What a horrible, horrible movie. I think I'm at the part where he's in Cuba. Or some other country.
Cuba with hyman Roth is GF II, not 3 :|

3 is Italy/Vatican, with the whole vatican bank scandal thing, the incest subplot, and lame acting from sophia coppola, who holds the word record for worst acting ever in a major motion picture. Its in Guinness.
Old 04-24-2010 at 09:48 PM   #55
manaya

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
True. Surround sound is always a bonus. xD
I've never used Rotten Tomatoes. I generally don't trust reviews. o_o

And rofl, I am NEVER again trusting trailers (with the exception being Iron Man 2) again. Lovely Bones was such a huge disappointment. :@
You know what was a dissapointment!!??

10,000 BC

I wanted to throw stuff at ppl after watching that piece of crap!

- Abhijeet

Old 04-25-2010 at 06:43 AM   #56
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

I never watched that actually, which is surprising. I like those types of films. Is that the one with um... Colin.. Farrel?

Old 04-25-2010 at 06:00 PM   #57
manaya

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
I never watched that actually, which is surprising. I like those types of films. Is that the one with um... Colin.. Farrel?
It's the one starring no one famous!

No wonder ....

But yea please don't watch it if you think time is precious!

Long and boring and stupid and historically inaccurate! They had mammoths building the pyramids.

gimme a break!

- Cussa