MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is a Double minor Double major possible? barclayyy Academics 8 12-24-2012 03:55 AM
Double Major? mediagurl First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 05-31-2011 08:09 PM
Double Major blue15 Academics 5 11-17-2010 07:31 PM
double major mike123 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 07-10-2009 04:53 PM
double major salad13 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 12-28-2008 04:45 PM

Double Major Issue

Old 03-05-2014 at 09:50 AM   #1
Kosta29

Liked: 0 Times

Double Major Issue
Hello all,

I will be choosing my Level II program soon, and I plan to do a Double Major in English and History. Saying that, would I also need to do a minor? Or is it limited to major/major and major/minor? Also, where should I go to get more information regarding the double major I desire to do? (ie. required courses, number of courses, etc).

Best,
Konstantinos
Old 03-05-2014 at 10:11 AM   #2
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

you're in luck! Today is the humanities second year program fair. Edit: it's in MUSC atrium and its on until 2:30 today. You can probably find an academic advisor at the fair who can answer your questions.
Old 03-05-2014 at 10:19 AM   #3
Kosta29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
you're in luck! Today is the humanities second year program fair. Edit: it's in MUSC atrium and its on until 2:30 today. You can probably find an academic advisor at the fair who can answer your questions.
Sadly, I won't be able to attend. (I've been sick all week). Any other alternatives? (ie. links, etc)
Old 03-05-2014 at 10:58 AM   #4
Craigolas

You can do:
a. Major in English
b. Major in English with a minor in History (or vice versa)
c. Combined Honours in English and History

Doing the combined (double major) + a minor might be difficult because you won't have very many electives. Basically all of the course you take will be in either English or History.

For more information, contact the Humanities Department.
Old 03-05-2014 at 11:01 AM   #5
Craigolas

Additionally, you can check the requirements for the degrees in the Course Calendar. Once you get accepted into the combined (double major) program, you can run a degree audit on MUGSI to find out which courses you still need to complete your degree.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.