MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a part time or full time job killza Volunteering Opportunities 1 06-24-2010 02:05 PM
It's that time of year again: Daylight Savings Time! manu MacInsiders Announcements 5 03-14-2010 03:47 AM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM
Since the time tables are down... AlbertD First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-10-2008 11:36 PM
Time Tables Shreya Academics 4 08-09-2008 02:09 PM

Engineering 1 Time Tables

Old 08-11-2009 at 08:17 PM   #31
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhey View Post
Just a quick question... Does it matter what order the core, lab and tutorial classes come in?

For example, should a tutorial come before a lab? Or does it even matter?
Last year I kept most of my labs till later in the week just incase I would pick up something during lecture or tutorial that would help during the labs. Although its not necessary, I found it is kinda helpful especially in 1D04/1C03. For example, I remember I had a tutorial and lab back to back for 1D04 and it was extremely helpful on the marked labs since I had just gone through the code an hour earlier that was needed in the tutorial before hand and it was fresh in my mind.

BTW none of you seem to have the new engineering building for classes. I guess its not going to be ready this fall? :(

Last edited by Colin : 08-11-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-11-2009 at 11:22 PM   #32
camais

Liked: 30 Times

i like my timetable
anyone else like mine? :p
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Term 1 Timetable.jpg (146.2 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Term 2 Timetable.jpg (147.5 KB, 19 views)
Old 08-12-2009 at 01:03 AM   #33
aziz917

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by camais View Post
i like my timetable
i like your monday's..
Old 08-12-2009 at 07:34 AM   #34
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

@ Ohmz: Nice friday!

@Threadstarter: Good idea on an engineering I timetable thread!

Heres mine:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg term 1.jpg (125.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg term 2.jpg (162.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-12-2009 at 07:54 AM   #35
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by camais View Post
i like my timetable
Id try moving your friday morning physics lab to the afternoon. and try and push your thursday classes to an earlier time.
Old 08-12-2009 at 08:36 AM   #36
Matt Wright

Liked: 54 Times

Hey Everyone!

My name is Matt Wright and I am one of your SRA Engineering Representatives for the upcoming school year. The SRA is the Student Representative Assembly, which acts as the governing body of the MSU (McMaster Students Union), which all undergraduates at Mac are a part of.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding first year engineering, or if you're just looking for some advice and tips for surviving first year, feel free to send me a message or email and I'll be happy to help anyone out.

Best of luck this year!

aziz917, xxsumz all say thanks to Matt Wright for this post.
Old 08-12-2009 at 09:42 AM   #37
carrespm

Hey Matt!

can you or anyone else give me some advice on my schedule before tomorrow's change? also, any tips on surviving first year engineering?
Old 08-12-2009 at 03:03 PM   #38
Harrisium

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
I think you should move your friday morning physics lab to mid day tuesday. i think youd hate having a morning lab? plus you have a huge chunk of space on tuesday. also, it frees up your friday mornings
Thanks for the tip. Awesome thread, btw. It's really helpful to compare and get a little input.
Old 08-12-2009 at 03:23 PM   #39
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Oh, to everyone going into Engineering 1, there is a pretty good chance that most/all of your tests during first term will occur on a Friday night. I would try moving any labs/tutorials away from then if you're into cramming :p.

aziz917, mudathto, xxsumz all say thanks to Ownaginatios for this post.
Old 08-12-2009 at 05:36 PM   #40
aziz917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Oh, to everyone going into Engineering 1, there is a pretty good chance that most/all of your tests during first term will occur on a Friday night. I would try moving any labs/tutorials away from then if you're into cramming :p.
Thanks! thats good to know!!
Old 08-12-2009 at 05:46 PM   #41
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
THanks for the tip =]
Old 08-12-2009 at 06:01 PM   #42
yohann097

Hey, can some one please check my timetable and let me know if anything needs to be changes or moved etc...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Term 1.jpg (147.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Term 2.jpg (143.3 KB, 13 views)
Old 08-12-2009 at 06:20 PM   #43
Harrisium

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Okay, upon closer inspection of my timetable, I've noticed a bunch of missing classes: Math 1Z04 Lab, Chem 1E03 Tutorial, Math 1ZZ5 Lab (math labs??).
On top of that, I seem to have an extra physics tutorial.

Could this be due to out of date course lists, or should I be freaking out?
Old 08-12-2009 at 06:37 PM   #44
stevennn
Pro Lurker.

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrisium View Post
Okay, upon closer inspection of my timetable, I've noticed a bunch of missing classes: Math 1Z04 Lab, Chem 1E03 Tutorial, Math 1ZZ5 Lab (math labs??).

Don't worry about those. There might be some scheduled lab time to work on the math assignments, but you'll probably do those on your own anyway. The chem tutorial is optional and has some schedules times you can come in for help.

Last edited by stevennn : 08-12-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-12-2009 at 06:44 PM   #45
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrisium View Post

THeres labs for math??

Oh btw, the chem tutorials are optional. So they dont show up on your schedual. They run on a drop-in basis. The prof should give you a list of times when its open. Just thought id help ya out there