MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a part time or full time job killza Volunteering Opportunities 1 06-24-2010 02:05 PM
It's that time of year again: Daylight Savings Time! manu MacInsiders Announcements 5 03-14-2010 03:47 AM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM
Since the time tables are down... AlbertD First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-10-2008 11:36 PM
Time Tables Shreya Academics 4 08-09-2008 02:09 PM

Engineering 1 Time Tables

Old 08-13-2009 at 10:47 PM   #61
HarjotS.

Liked: 0 Times

So would you guys say my timetable is okay? It's posted a few posts above. Thanks
Old 08-14-2009 at 08:54 AM   #62
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Advice (may not apply to everyone)

1. Try not to have 8:30 lectures, labs or tutorials, wake up during the winter mornings is extremely painful

2. Monday labs are not recommended because you need to prepare during weekend. Best to do it on Tuesday so you can ask your friends.

3. 1 hour break between 3-4 lecture is recommended.

4. 7 hours + with lab and tutorial in the morning is a pain

5. 8:30, 12:30, 4:30- classes, way too many breaks in between, you will find yourself skipping the lectures constantly.

6. Make sure you have Fridays from 1-7pm free to study for test and exams, most are on Friday evenings.

Just some tips

My timetable is attached, rearranged for maximum easiness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg term1.JPG (149.3 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by Bobby66 : 08-14-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-14-2009 at 09:40 AM   #63
rosie_2

I was wondering if someone could take a look at my timetable and tell me if it is good or not. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!

Also, is it better to take the Co-op course 1EE0 in term 1 or 2? I have it in term 2 right now but I was wondering if I should switch it?
Attached Files
File Type: doc timetable.doc (202.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 08-14-2009 at 04:33 PM   #64
HarjotS.

Hi again, I don't want to sound like a total dummy but how and when can we rearrange our timetables? Thanks.
Old 08-14-2009 at 04:43 PM   #65
stevennn
Pro Lurker.

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_2 View Post
I was wondering if someone could take a look at my timetable and tell me if it is good or not. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!

Also, is it better to take the Co-op course 1EE0 in term 1 or 2? I have it in term 2 right now but I was wondering if I should switch it?
I would take 1EE0 in the first term. I took it in second term last year and by the time I finished the course, it was later in the year and I missed some postings, then I got lazy and didn't try to find anything else. It would also be better to finish it early before your workload starts to pile up.

Old 08-14-2009 at 05:31 PM   #66
Paul91

Liked: 4 Times

hey could someone take a look at my timetable and possibly suggest some changes? It looked alright to me in that there were no glaring conflicts but i wouldnt mind clearing up my friday afternoons a bit, especially in 2nd term.
Attached Files
File Type: rtf Timetable 09-10.rtf (211.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-14-2009 at 05:50 PM   #67
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjotS. View Post
Hi again, I don't want to sound like a total dummy but how and when can we rearrange our timetables? Thanks.
SOLAR re-opened on August 13th for fully registered students who have cleared their fees (meaning that they have confirmed their payment agreement before August 13th).

Just log onto SOLAR, same way as you used to choose your courses. This time the action you want to perform is "modify" and then you will be able to switch your sections as long as it's not full.
Old 08-14-2009 at 06:07 PM   #68
HarjotS.

what does all this CO1, CO2, CO3, etc.. and L16, L09, L33 and T16, T01, T08 mean. Are those the sections for the course, lab, and tutorial? When you modify them in solar how do you know what effect they will have on your timetable, is there a list of times when each section's class takes place or something?

Sorry for sounding like such a noob but any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-14-2009 at 06:15 PM   #69
Bobby66
was offline, but

Different courses, labs or tutorials will give you different times when you want to rearrange your timetable for proficiency. That is why its best to research each course and the times available, and be sure to research which prof teachers which course section (CO1,CO2). All that can be done here, https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/

Picking the best lab and tutorials section which fit your timetable perfectly, but picking a lab or tutorial section with amazing TA is a gamble. An amazing TA will yield you with maximum marks. (Haha too much Crysis :O)

HarjotS. says thanks to Bobby66 for this post.
Old 08-15-2009 at 04:24 AM   #70
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby66 View Post
My timetable is attached, rearranged for maximum easiness.
Damn... everything worked out a lot better for comp eng than it did for software :(.
Old 08-15-2009 at 04:35 AM   #71
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Liked: 128 Times

Posted this in another thread but I may also get replies here:

"Hello. Can you guys please take some time to review my current schedule?

I am pretty much clueless as to how to plan and or revise my classes because I have no idea on how the work-load will be. (Engineering Co-op)

Oh, and for an added info, I am an off-campus student and will be taking the bus daily from East Hamilton Mountain. Any tips on what bus/es I should take from Gore Park going to Mac and the alternatives? And will I be able to work my way around my current schedule?

Thank you so much in advance!

Term 1: http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/r...ter/1stsem.jpg

Term 2: http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/r...ster/term2.jpg

PS. I linked them so as not to cause a huge disaster when people try to view it here on the forum. "
Old 08-15-2009 at 11:52 AM   #72
Bobby66
was offline, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by VastHorizon View Post
Posted this in another thread but I may also get replies here:

"Hello. Can you guys please take some time to review my current schedule?

I am pretty much clueless as to how to plan and or revise my classes because I have no idea on how the work-load will be. (Engineering Co-op)

Oh, and for an added info, I am an off-campus student and will be taking the bus daily from East Hamilton Mountain. Any tips on what bus/es I should take from Gore Park going to Mac and the alternatives? And will I be able to work my way around my current schedule?

Thank you so much in advance!

Term 1: http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/r...ter/1stsem.jpg

Term 2: http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/r...ster/term2.jpg

PS. I linked them so as not to cause a huge disaster when people try to view it here on the forum. "

Your term 1 is way too spread out, try to change it and cram them together. Although its not recommended to have Friday labs because after you finish your lab, you got couple hours till test time.

Your term 2 Friday is way too packed, there's a reason why people call it TGIF . Also having 8:30 lab will destroy you, then followed by tutorial. Ouch!

Old 08-15-2009 at 01:58 PM   #73
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Liked: 128 Times

Quote:
Your term 1 is way too spread out, try to change it and cram them together.

Argh. I don't know what to consider changing. It will create a domino effect.

Quote:
Although its not recommended to have Friday labs because after you finish your lab, you got couple hours till test time.

Can you please elaborate on this? Are there tests every-time we finish our lab-work for the week?

Quote:
Your term 2 Friday is way too packed, there's a reason why people call it TGIF . Also having 8:30 lab will destroy you, then followed by tutorial. Ouch!

I don't know how to remedy this problem... I need serious help...

Last edited by VastHorizon : 08-15-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-15-2009 at 04:53 PM   #74
Paul91

Liked: 4 Times

I have a lab and a tutorial at the same time except both are every other week? I'm assuming this won't be a problem since this is the timetable i was given and its apparently conflict free. In general though, when a class is every other week, how do u know which weeks it is on?

Also, do your labs and tutorials have to correspond with your cores, like have the same teacher or something? or can i just pick whatever times fit best into my schedule? Does it matter in what order during the week you have your cores, tutorials, and labs? as in, is it easier to have the labs last so that you've learned everything before you do them? or does it not matter?

Last edited by Paul91 : 08-15-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-16-2009 at 11:03 AM   #75
Bobby66
was offline, but

Quote:

Argh. I don't know what to consider changing. It will create a domino effect.
Try looking through the master timetable (https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/) and check every course, lab and section and see if you can cram anything together. Make sure you have solar open to check whether its full.

Quote:

Can you please elaborate on this? Are there tests every-time we finish our lab-work for the week?
Yes, majority of tests from last year (term 1) was Friday evenings.

Quote:

I don't know how to remedy this problem... I need serious help...
Well, always tutorial and lab is first priority when it comes to rearranging your timetable.