MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a part time or full time job killza Volunteering Opportunities 1 06-24-2010 02:05 PM
It's that time of year again: Daylight Savings Time! manu MacInsiders Announcements 5 03-14-2010 03:47 AM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM
Since the time tables are down... AlbertD First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-10-2008 11:36 PM
Time Tables Shreya Academics 4 08-09-2008 02:09 PM

Engineering 1 Time Tables

Old 08-12-2009 at 06:46 PM   #46
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohann097 View Post
Hey, can some one please check my timetable and let me know if anything needs to be changes or moved etc...
Your schedule is nice, your friday is really empty though. Id try moving some of your classes from heavier days to fridays.

Side note: Im trying really hard to push my math classes earlier - its not working for me atm. Will try and post a mock time table up later
Old 08-12-2009 at 06:48 PM   #47
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrisium View Post
Awesome thread, btw. It's really helpful to compare and get a little input.
You should "Say thanks" or "likes this" lol =]
Old 08-12-2009 at 10:15 PM   #48
TheAxtmann

Liked: 3 Times

Okay, so I think I managed to make my timetable for term 2 a little bit better by messing around with it in excel and just trying different things. Comments greatly appreciated.

(first image is original, second image is the swapped around one)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg term2.jpg (200.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg term2good.jpg (102.5 KB, 23 views)
Old 08-12-2009 at 10:46 PM   #49
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Chem 1E03 tutorials are optional, and occur every day of the week. You can show up whenever you want. I have no idea what they're like because I never felt like I needed to attend one :p.

The math labs are just assignments you do in this program called Maple (and Matlab at the end of term 2). You usually have about a week to do them, and you can compare answers with everyone over that time frame. You then send them off to a designated TA to mark them. They usually weren't that bad. Most of your frustrations will probably be with Maple because it's the worst program ever.

P.S. Programming 1D04 tutorials are also optional, and almost completely unnecessary if you've done programming before. I went to a total of one 1D04 tutorial, lol. Try to move them to first thing in the morning. You can use it to sleep in .

Last edited by Ownaginatios : 08-12-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-12-2009 at 11:04 PM   #50
zaki

Liked: 0 Times

KEEP YOUR FRIDAYS VIRTUALLY EMPTY FOR FIRST SEMESTER!! 90% of your tests will be on friday nights!!!!!!!!!!! thats what happaned last year, i only had 2 lectures on friday, made life alot easier to study and cram. 2nd semester ur gonna want thursdays to be light because of the math n physics tests. good luck first years

Paul91, xxsumz all say thanks to zaki for this post.
Old 08-13-2009 at 06:58 AM   #51
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaki View Post
KEEP YOUR FRIDAYS VIRTUALLY EMPTY FOR FIRST SEMESTER!! 90% of your tests will be on friday nights!!!!!!!!!!! thats what happaned last year, i only had 2 lectures on friday, made life alot easier to study and cram. 2nd semester ur gonna want thursdays to be light because of the math n physics tests. good luck first years
OMG..good thing I just saw this =] Gotta make a dew minor adjustments now
Old 08-13-2009 at 07:27 AM   #52
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Just to make sure; you're aware you have a conflict, right?
Yea I know. I just have to move my physics and chem lab to make room for all the econ 1b03 cores.

Was also wondering..how do we get the COOP course in our time tables?
Old 08-13-2009 at 08:46 AM   #53
Matt Wright

Liked: 54 Times

Just as a headsup, although midterms may have been on Fridays last year, doesn't mean that will stay the same this year. In my first year my midterms were spread out across the entire week, so there is no real way to know when they will be scheduled.

If you are a morning person, I would greatly advise you to stack all of your classes early in the day. That way if you have a midterm ANY night, you have the remainder of the afternoon to study. Try not to pull all nighters, doing so will not do you any good if you are exhausted the next day.

As for ENG 1D04, it is always best to have your tutorial BEFORE the lab. I had the unfortunate schedule of having my tutorial after, and it sucked not knowing what other people knew during the marked labs.

For CHEM 1E03, make sure you attend the drop in sessions. They are pivotal towards succeeding in the class, and it helps to clear up any questions that the textbook might not cover.

For MATH 1Z/1ZZ, frequent the math cafe located in HAMILTON HALL. There are always people there who can help you out with any questions you might have. You can also check out THODE library, there are usually people studying who can be a valuable resource.

For PHYS 1D03/1DD3, pick a good lab partner! Don't go with one of your friends or someone who you party with... pick someone who will work well with you to get the labs done efficiently. Although the labs are not the hardest to figure out, your accuracy and precision will suffer if you are not engaging with someone who challenges you during the lab. Having a good lab partner will also help you complete the CAPA assignments on time, and both of you will have great study notes for the midterms.

Again, if anyone has any questions, feel free to shoot me a private message and I'll respond when I get the chance.

mudathto, Paul91, starlight, xxsumz all say thanks to Matt Wright for this post.
Old 08-13-2009 at 09:29 PM   #54
eric_3490

Liked: 7 Times

I'm a bit confused about tutorials for math 1Z04 and 1ZZ5 because the undergraduate calendar says that there are labs for that course but they have not shown up on timetable. I saw that Ownaginatios said that the math labs are just assignments in maple so does that mean that we don't actually have to schedule a lab and just get assigned them in the lectures?
Old 08-13-2009 at 09:40 PM   #55
HarjotS.

Hey, could you guys take a look at my timetables too. I have know idea if they're good or bad. Also how would EOW work related to my first term physics. Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: doc Eng I Timtables.doc (494.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 08-13-2009 at 10:07 PM   #56
Adam48

In first term I have my chem lab followed by my physics tutorial/lab. Since these are both EOW, is there a way of knowing if one week could have both labs, or would the week I have the chem lab be the week of the physics tutorial? Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: doc timetable.doc (147.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-13-2009 at 10:07 PM   #57
Parminder S
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 18 Times

Hey, can anyone give me some feedback on my timetables? I'm guessing I should take Matt's advice for sure by having my tutorials before my labs, and I've gotta do something about my Term One Tuesday. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Eng Timetables.doc (122.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 08-13-2009 at 10:15 PM   #58
Adam48

HarjotS.- I assume you would have the lab one week and the tutorial the next. Its like that for me too.
Parminder S- lol u have like 6 hours of the same class in a row

Last edited by Adam48 : 08-13-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-13-2009 at 10:28 PM   #59
stevennn
Pro Lurker.

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_3490 View Post
I'm a bit confused about tutorials for math 1Z04 and 1ZZ5 because the undergraduate calendar says that there are labs for that course but they have not shown up on timetable. I saw that Ownaginatios said that the math labs are just assignments in maple so does that mean that we don't actually have to schedule a lab and just get assigned them in the lectures?
The labs are just assignments that are posted online, you don't need to schedule anything. There's more information on the 1Z04 site.

eric_3490 likes this.
Old 08-13-2009 at 10:31 PM   #60
CivEng

Liked: 1 Time

Here's my first term timetable. I have some big gaps on tuesday and thursday but am hoping to use that time to workout and do work from previous days classes, what do ya think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg timetable.JPG (146.4 KB, 12 views)