MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Entrance Scholarship? MaryS Financial Aid 5 09-23-2010 11:53 PM
Entrance Scholarship not showing on PA? kwun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-23-2009 09:57 PM
Entrance Scholarship Question holagurrl Financial Aid 54 07-30-2009 12:37 AM
Entrance Scholarship? KafiaJM First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 05-26-2009 03:20 AM
entrance scholarship pinkpony First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-09-2008 02:50 PM

Entrance Scholarship

Old 06-09-2008 at 09:10 PM   #31
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

Hi J-Met, in order to renew your scholorship for second year. it states that
"McMaster's Entrance Awards are renewable in the second year of University study provided students remain full-time and achieve a 9.5 (approximately 80%) sessional average. No application is required as awards are based upon final high school grades."
No matter which level scholorship you are getting for first year, you must maintain a 9.5 average to continue getting it renewed for your second year. No 9.5.. $0.
Old 06-09-2008 at 09:24 PM   #32
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 136 Times

Oh, okay. So that means if I whether I get the +90% scholarship or the +86% scholarsip, I have to maintain the same average in uni to get the remainder of it second year?

Sounds good

Last edited by J-Met : 06-09-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-09-2008 at 10:10 PM   #33
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

yep. i got the 90% scholorship. and i don't get 90% in uni. haha. but i still get to keep my precious scholorship! just work hard and make sure you get above 9.5!. and try your best to get a good average in high school too, since you can get more money
Old 06-09-2008 at 11:13 PM   #34
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Ya, you basically just need 9.5 to keep getting what you were given in first year. So if you worked hard and got the highest tier, you could technically slack off and maintain a 9.5 just to keep getting your scholarship for the second year. However, if you get the highest tier then you're SUPER smart and better keep that average up! lol