MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sh*t Single Girls Say lizziepizzie General Discussion 11 02-07-2012 12:10 AM
Where to live next year? (single bedroom) Strategy Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 23 01-05-2011 11:28 PM
Single v. Single with Washroom. etoilex3 Residence & Housing 17 02-09-2010 11:02 AM
Single Room saigalhz Residence & Housing 10 06-01-2009 12:15 AM

Every single year, there is always...

Old 12-04-2012 at 03:39 PM   #16
mikefung

Liked: 11 Times

^
Didn't Joel (the instructor) said in class 'I'll give everyone here an A, but you have to explain to me why'?
:lol:
Old 12-04-2012 at 03:43 PM   #17
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefung View Post
^
Didn't Joel (the instructor) said in class 'I'll give everyone here an A, but you have to explain to me why'?
:lol:
Nah, he straight up said "Everyone will get at least an A" and then proceeded to be a giant tool for the entire semester.

Philipp31 likes this.
Old 12-04-2012 at 03:49 PM   #18
fasailuddin
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 47 Times

did he give out pizza before course evaluations?

Zebedee likes this.
Old 12-04-2012 at 03:49 PM   #19
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 126 Times

I agree, the issue with that one class not being an A+ is losing out on scholarships. I had one ridiculous class this term that had 20% of each assignment graded on 'ambitiousness'... completely arbitrary.
Old 12-04-2012 at 04:03 PM   #20
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleighp View Post
I agree, the issue with that one class not being an A+ is losing out on scholarships. I had one ridiculous class this term that had 20% of each assignment graded on 'ambitiousness'... completely arbitrary.
Reminds me of the class I just finished: CS 2I03..
Old 12-04-2012 at 04:04 PM   #21
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
Reminds me of the class I just finished: CS 2I03..
CS 2I03/SFWR ENG 3I03 is no where near as bad as this course. In fact, that course wasn't even that bad really.
Old 12-04-2012 at 04:09 PM   #22
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
CS 2I03/SFWR ENG 3I03 is no where near as bad as this course. In fact, that course wasn't even that bad really.
When did I say it was really bad? The marking is extremely arbitrary. I choked in my presentation for assignment #7 part 1, and I got a really good mark. How does that work?
Old 12-04-2012 at 04:28 PM   #23
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
I choked in my presentation for assignment #7 part 1, and I got a really good mark. How does that work?
Same lol. I guess the TA was taking pity on everyone.
Old 12-05-2012 at 12:24 AM   #24
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Same lol. I guess the TA was taking pity on everyone.
Did you remember me present? I did coprocessors. You still did a pretty good job. You only paused for a brief moment or two. I completely blanked out twice, and I managed to get a low 90.
Old 12-05-2012 at 12:34 AM   #25
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Do you remember me presenting? I did coprocessors. You still did a pretty good job. You only paused for a brief moment or two. I completely blanked out twice, and I managed to get a low 90.
Nice. As far as I remember, yours was pretty well prepared aside from the pauses. You didn't completely lose it like the first guy that did gesture recognition. He lost it and then instead decided to talk about how he couldn't remember what he was gonna say next, lol.

I got ~84%. I'm content though, as I was sick with a stomach flu and didn't spend very long preparing. I probably lost marks because I made it too technical.

Maybe I should have went off on a pointless tangent like the other guy that did parasitic computing. "Hey guys, I'm here to talk about parasitic processing, but I found that too boring so I'm gonna talk about parasitic viruses instead!"

If I find out he got a good/better mark, then I'll be pissed haha.

anonanon987 says thanks to Ownaginatios for this post.
Old 12-05-2012 at 12:40 AM   #26
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Ah, well thank you. I really beat myself over my presentation after. I stayed back once the tutorial was over because I felt so bad and didn't want to go to my next class on time. Ah, yeah, I remember his presentation. The first guy who went had it rough considering the girl who went before him was pretty good. I hope you're feeling better now, and I don't think many people spent a long period of time preparing.

Hmm, yeah..maybe yours was a bit too technical for the 'lay person' but oh well. It was only worth 5%...just waiting on the Doxygen assignment marks to come out. Sort of worried about that now.

Quote:
Nice. As far as I remember, yours was pretty well prepared aside from the pauses. You didn't completely lose it like the first guy that did gesture recognition. He lost it and then instead decided to talk about how he couldn't remember what he was gonna say next, lol.

I got ~84%. I'm content though, as I was sick with a stomach flu and didn't spend very long preparing. I probably lost marks because I made it too technical.

Maybe I should have went off on a pointless tangent like the other guy that did parasitic computing. "Hey guys, I'm here to talk about parasitic processing, but I found that too boring so I'm gonna talk about parasitic viruses instead!"

If I find out he got a good/better mark, then I'll be pissed haha.
Old 12-05-2012 at 10:07 AM   #27
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

I'd still like to see some sort of marking scheme for this assignment. Since we just sorta said our name before we started, its possible that someone else's mark was applied to us. But like herBs said, its only 5% and I'm happy with my mark

Last edited by GCSM : 12-05-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-05-2012 at 11:19 AM   #28
Marooner

Liked: 59 Times

ashleighp, RyanC, Snowman like this.
Old 12-05-2012 at 07:51 PM   #29
HeavenFury

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleighp View Post
yeah, pretty much

Quote:
Or maybe you just actually suck at writing. I'm going to guess you went to the remarking session today and just came back empty handed.
Don't assume things about other people. I know better than wasting my time talking to the TA (sign your assignment, anyone?). The course bothers me because of the materials are useless, the instructor is self-absorbed, and the marking scheme is way too unclear.

I didn't get A+ on courses like marketing, etc. And it didn't bother me because I know what I did wrong.
Old 12-05-2012 at 09:10 PM   #30
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenFury View Post
The course bothers me because of the materials are useless, the instructor is self-absorbed, and the marking scheme is way too unclear.
Indeed. I hope everyone made that clear in the course evaluations.