MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Conflicts? hello12311 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-28-2012 10:48 PM
Course Conflicts Angoose Academics 5 06-09-2012 05:14 PM
Course Conflicts fffw Academics 6 08-08-2011 05:28 PM
Conflicts??? GCSM First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-09-2010 09:32 PM
conflicts Strongwiller Academics 2 09-13-2009 08:08 PM

Exam Conflicts

Old 03-13-2013 at 08:48 PM   #1
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

Exam Conflicts
Hey

So I read the 3 things that constitue a conflict but i was just wondering what exactly they do if you do happen to have a conflict?

also suppose i have an exam on
12th at 7pm
13th at 9am and another at 7 pm

would they be willing to do anything. and as a note both the 12th 7pm and 13th 9am are content heavy and have a lot of memorization.

thanks
Old 03-13-2013 at 08:56 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
Hey

So I read the 3 things that constitue a conflict but i was just wondering what exactly they do if you do happen to have a conflict?

also suppose i have an exam on
12th at 7pm
13th at 9am and another at 7 pm

would they be willing to do anything. and as a note both the 12th 7pm and 13th 9am are content heavy and have a lot of memorization.

thanks
That does not meet any of the requirements.
You don't have three in one calendar day.
You don't have three consecutive exams (they mean consecutive timeslots).
You don't have more than one at the same time.

It really doesn't matter if two of them are hard exams. The type of exam is completely irrelevant when it comes to determining conflicts.
Old 03-13-2013 at 09:18 PM   #3
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

If your 7Pm on the second day was at 12:30, then yes it would be true. I had 3 that qualified before, but honestly it was easier to just write them then make arrangements anyways.
Old 03-13-2013 at 09:58 PM   #4
Mungo

Liked: 19 Times

What is up with the surplus of wussies lately

Old 03-13-2013 at 10:06 PM   #5
amare

Liked: 22 Times

People in Eng should learn how to put a sock in their mouths sometimes. Not all of us are machines like you guys. Anyways back to the subject, that wouldnt be a conlfict even though its close to meeting the requirement. I know last year I had 3 in 24 hours (but not in the same day). I wrote all of them and it actually turned out to be ok. Try your best to start studying for a couple of those ones early. In fact, which ever one is your hardest of those 3, start studying for it as soon as you can.

Chevalier says thanks to amare for this post.

schmidtndwar, Zebedee like this.
Old 03-13-2013 at 10:30 PM   #6
Mungo

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by amare View Post
People in Eng should learn how to put a sock in their mouths sometimes. Not all of us are machines like you guys. Anyways back to the subject, that wouldnt be a conlfict even though its close to meeting the requirement. I know last year I had 3 in 24 hours (but not in the same day). I wrote all of them and it actually turned out to be ok. Try your best to start studying for a couple of those ones early. In fact, which ever one is your hardest of those 3, start studying for it as soon as you can.
It has nothing to do with being a machine. It has everything to do with having the balls to do what others are too lazy, unwilling or cannot do because that is how the real world works. It can and should be generalized to everything from science to engineering to humanities. The real world incorporates everything and everyone should (ideally) be able to do the job.

Do you really think that the OP's boss will give them leverage if they just so happen to have 3 reports due in the span of 2 days that they have had 4 months to prepare? Goodbye OP, hello overzealous intern that will get the job done for less.
Old 03-13-2013 at 11:18 PM   #7
mastercool

Liked: 22 Times

to the OP ^

Yes, it can be arranged but it's not the easiest to get approved..aka - you need special privileges.
Old 03-14-2013 at 12:17 AM   #8
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by amare View Post
People in Eng should learn how to put a sock in their mouths sometimes. Not all of us are machines like you guys.
No I get annoyed if you take it as an insult because if you actually prepare ahead of time for anything it isn't as bad as it sounds. It is like if another student never had more than 1 midterm or paper due in week and complain when they have 2 in a week for the first time, start panicking and imply in a post how hard their life is (this isn't directed at the OP).

Basically, even if you have a lot of things lining up, just try to stay focused and avoid procrastinating, and give it a shot since it may sound hard in your mind but if you are prepared, it won't be too bad. My logic was that in the time it would take sorting out a new arrangement, and assuming the new date wasn't before another hard exam, that time could have been better used studying so I usually just tough it out and it has worked out so far
Old 03-14-2013 at 06:59 AM   #9
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

@ OP, the fact that they are difficult exams is irrelevant. I think most people would say their exams are difficult (unless you're taking a bird course).
Think about it this way - you'll be done earlier, and have more time for other exams/fun things...:.)
Old 03-14-2013 at 07:13 AM   #10
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
@ OP, the fact that they are difficult exams is irrelevant. I think most people would say their exams are difficult (unless you're taking a bird course).
Think about it this way - you'll be done earlier, and have more time for other exams/fun things...:.)
But..
but..
exams have always helped increase my mark in my classes. :(
Old 03-14-2013 at 08:34 AM   #11
Chevalier
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercool View Post
to the OP ^ Yes, it can be arranged but it's not the easiest to get approved..aka - you need special privileges.
LOL Too bad im too stubborn to redeem the privileges im probably entitled to. -_-

Quote:
That is true, but at the same time there are some courses, regardless if tey are electives or not, that are simply content heavy, and the profs for which dont make it any easier on the students.

----

anyways regardless, thanks for the advice guys, i finish mids next week so ill start studying right away and hopefully be ready for them.
Old 03-14-2013 at 11:33 AM   #12
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
LOL Too bad im too stubborn to redeem the privileges im probably entitled to. -_-

That is true, but at the same time there are some courses, regardless if tey are electives or not, that are simply content heavy, and the profs for which dont make it any easier on the students.

----

anyways regardless, thanks for the advice guys, i finish mids next week so ill start studying right away and hopefully be ready for them.
Wait a minute,,, the profs are supposed to make it easy on us??? Suck it up princess! Guess what, im sure there are plenty of people in your program in the same situation, and none of them have come on here creating a thread to complain and make themselves look pitiful. Everyone comes across a time in their post-secondary education where things get rough. You just have to buckle down and push through it.

icecubz, starfish like this.
Old 03-14-2013 at 04:20 PM   #13
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

Which program is this?

...please don't say Health Sci...

zwitter likes this.
Old 03-14-2013 at 08:03 PM   #14
Chevalier
Elite Member

Geesh i was just asking a question, ive never had it so packed so never had this kind of stress before. and No i realize profs arent there to make our lives easy, and personally I dont like the profs that do make their classes overly easy TBH, but at the same time I make a point when I say some profs just like to ask those really a*** questions and are picky with pointless detail.

Regardless, thanks for the advice. I shall dive in head first and mow through them.

lol I wish, no its sci

Ponyo likes this.
Old 03-14-2013 at 08:44 PM   #15
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

Quote:
Which program is this?

...please don't say Health Sci...
it cant be health sci. health scis only have like 2 exams a term