Final Exam marks Daisydawne18 Academics 8 12-06-2008 10:41 AM

When Are Exam Marks Out?

Old 12-16-2010 at 06:46 PM   #16
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shes-a-diva* View Post
MMEDIA 1A03's exam was the 14th at 9AM, marks were on AVE as of the 15th at 9AM, which was surprisingly fast considering the exam was 15 short answer questions and 8 paragraphs worth 85 marks... Go figure! Some serious speed marking..
wow wth! LOL that is seriously quick...
Old 12-16-2010 at 06:48 PM   #17
shes-a-diva*

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciMania View Post
wow wth! LOL that is seriously quick...
I know right? If only there was some way for students to protest the duration prof's take to submit marks... I mean, c'mon now the class has over 400 people... Dedicated prof IMO
Old 12-16-2010 at 07:14 PM   #18
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shes-a-diva* View Post
I know right? If only there was some way for students to protest the duration prof's take to submit marks... I mean, c'mon now the class has over 400 people... Dedicated prof IMO
Haha I remember for orgo, they said they set up a time with all the TA's and they just stay there for hours until they're all done marking. I'm guessing that's how it was done. But still, that's insanely fast! Even the exams with MC questions take longer than that XD
Old 12-16-2010 at 07:25 PM   #19
mellye
Elite Member

Liked: 29 Times

all exams have to be marked and recorded in the 24 hours after exams... no ifs ands or buts.
Old 12-16-2010 at 07:43 PM   #20
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Haha I remember for orgo, they said they set up a time with all the TA's and they just stay there for hours until they're all done marking. I'm guessing that's how it was done. But still, that's insanely fast! Even the exams with MC questions take longer than that XD
LOL yeah, currently (or at least as of yesterday) the MC for Organic chem was not marked, but the entire written section was already completed, and the exam was Monday (as you know). Pretty awesome. I think that's how marking should be. I hate when TAs or profs or whoever it is take weeks to upload marks from a simple MC midterm, and never release solutions.

How are you supposed to learn/improve for the exam if you don't even know what you did wrong?
Old 12-16-2010 at 07:56 PM   #21
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

MUGSI says they will begin posting on Dec 23rd. It's under the grade report.

However, its not uncommon to wait a week, even two for the register to get its act together (they have to have the marks within something like three days of the exam, so it all their fault if its late).

Once I had an exam on either the first Fri or Mon (can't remember) and it was the last mark to come back, like a day or two before school started again. It was MC.

I would prefer if the profs were allowed to inform you if you failed, in case you needed ot change your timetable or something. Then you could talk to them, check additions, etc quickly and deal with it.

Last edited by britb : 12-16-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-16-2010 at 08:07 PM   #22
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
LOL yeah, currently (or at least as of yesterday) the MC for Organic chem was not marked, but the entire written section was already completed, and the exam was Monday (as you know). Pretty awesome. I think that's how marking should be. I hate when TAs or profs or whoever it is take weeks to upload marks from a simple MC midterm, and never release solutions.

How are you supposed to learn/improve for the exam if you don't even know what you did wrong?
Haha.. wowww. That's insane! How did you find out? I didn't see any announcements and such on the course homepage. I know, especially since the TA's have their own work to do, so wouldn't they just get it done quicker and be free?!! Me too, it's actually not that hard to upload marks or release the solutions, yet it seems to take them forever to do so.

With some courses, they actually encourage you to go in and view your midterm, but others just never mention it, and you're let to ponder and guess what you got wrong.
Old 12-16-2010 at 08:53 PM   #23
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Haha.. wowww. That's insane! How did you find out? I didn't see any announcements and such on the course homepage. I know, especially since the TA's have their own work to do, so wouldn't they just get it done quicker and be free?!! Me too, it's actually not that hard to upload marks or release the solutions, yet it seems to take them forever to do so.

With some courses, they actually encourage you to go in and view your midterm, but others just never mention it, and you're let to ponder and guess what you got wrong.
Lol well Brook emailed me yesterday and mentioned that the written marking was done but not the MC.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to Alchemist11 for this post.
Old 12-16-2010 at 08:57 PM   #24
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

What if I have an exam on the 22nd , how will that work cause grades are out on 23
Old 12-16-2010 at 09:00 PM   #25
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

they start releasing them on the 23rd
Old 12-16-2010 at 09:01 PM   #26
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

in chem 1A03, they actually let us take home our midterms on the day of xD then we could check when the solutions were posted a couple days later.
Old 12-16-2010 at 09:02 PM   #27
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
in chem 1A03, they actually let us take home our midterms on the day of xD then we could check when the solutions were posted a couple days later.
same with 1E03, wish them would let us do that with exams, but I can see why they dont
Old 12-16-2010 at 09:30 PM   #28
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
Oh yeah, same with our first year chem class, but I think Kamran was talking about exams not midterms .

And if your midterm is on the 22nd, then you wait for it to be released. Grades START being released on the 23rd, you don't have to have any marks posted on the 23rd. I remember maybe 1 or 2 of my courses weren't posted until a few days before term2, some people had them posted even AFTER term 2 started. So don't panic anytime soon if you don't see anything up!