MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I pay Mcmaster the OSAP money that was deposited in my bank account? Jayson193 Financial Aid 6 10-28-2010 09:10 PM
Student account help cjdzl General Discussion 4 09-23-2010 11:42 AM
Money in Student Account ingénieur.xo Financial Aid 3 02-10-2010 07:24 PM
Student Account Harlequin General Discussion 6 08-25-2009 12:42 PM
Student Account Refunds Mickel General Discussion 9 08-06-2008 10:59 AM

Excess Money in Student Account

Old 01-07-2010 at 04:02 PM   #1
AnthraX

Liked: 23 Times

Excess Money in Student Account
Can you withdraw money from McMaster Student Account if there's excess in it or is that not possible?
Old 01-07-2010 at 04:09 PM   #2
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

If you have excess money in your account that you wish to withdraw/take out, you need to email or visit the Student Accounts and Cashiers and they will send you a cheque. It usually takes 2 weeks to get the cheque.
Old 01-07-2010 at 04:54 PM   #3
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

a cheque will automatically be mailed to you as well
Old 01-08-2010 at 12:33 AM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragoonX View Post
a cheque will automatically be mailed to you as well
Do you actually know roughly when they send automatic cheques? I've always wondered but I can't find anything on it.
Old 01-08-2010 at 07:54 AM   #5
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Do you actually know roughly when they send automatic cheques? I've always wondered but I can't find anything on it.
don't know exactly how it works
I dropped a term 2 course around Nov. 5th, so I had an extra $600 in my student account
on my account statement it says cheque mailed on Dec. 17

AnguishedEnd, jhan523 all say thanks to FireDragoonX for this post.
Old 01-08-2010 at 09:45 AM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragoonX View Post
don't know exactly how it works
I dropped a term 2 course around Nov. 5th, so I had an extra $600 in my student account
on my account statement it says cheque mailed on Dec. 17
Oh ok, probably somewhere near the end of the terms then. Thanks.
Old 01-13-2010 at 03:43 PM   #7
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

Yeah I was wondering about that too because I just had my OSAP pay off what I owe the school, but if I get a bursary, which is decided on the 29th, there would be extra money. I just wish they decided bursaries before OSAP was given out. The only real way around it is to sit there and on the 29th run down to the bank and transfer the money. Ugh.

I love starving for 3 months while waiting for the school to give me my money.

If they owe me money, and they hold on to it for that long, dont they owe me interest?
Old 01-13-2010 at 03:45 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossclot View Post
Yeah I was wondering about that too because I just had my OSAP pay off what I owe the school, but if I get a bursary, which is decided on the 29th, there would be extra money. I just wish they decided bursaries before OSAP was given out. The only real way around it is to sit there and on the 29th run down to the bank and transfer the money. Ugh.

I love starving for 3 months while waiting for the school to give me my money.

If they owe me money, and they hold on to it for that long, dont they owe me interest?
They are giving you free money though and you don't even know how much they are giving you. It's different when you owe the school money because they are providing you with a service.
Old 01-13-2010 at 03:51 PM   #9
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

But when they are sitting there with my money for months, my money is providing them with a service, that's how money works.
Old 01-14-2010 at 04:11 PM   #10
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
But when they are sitting there with my money for months, my money is providing them with a service, that's how money works.
Do they really even need to provide you with a bursary?
Old 01-14-2010 at 04:48 PM   #11
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Yeah I was wondering about that too because I just had my OSAP pay off what I owe the school, but if I get a bursary, which is decided on the 29th, there would be extra money.
If I am remembering correctly, students who were rewarded with a bursary last year were mailed a cheque. The money did not go into their student accounts. I assume the same will happen this year. So, if you are granted a bursary, there won’t be “extra money” in your student account.
Old 01-15-2010 at 04:07 PM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtt View Post
If I am remembering correctly, students who were rewarded with a bursary last year were mailed a cheque. The money did not go into their student accounts. I assume the same will happen this year. So, if you are granted a bursary, there won’t be “extra money” in your student account.
Unless you owe the school money. Then the bursary will go directly into your student account. After that a cheque will be mailed out with the difference probably near the end of the term. You can also withdraw the money.