Mugsi Down healthsci1 Academics 9 05-16-2010 02:54 PM
MUGSI still available? Duarch Academics 9 01-02-2009 02:18 AM

[email protected]!* You Mugsi

Old 06-14-2010 at 02:50 AM   #196
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

Some suggestions:

1. Macro (if you know how) "alt+f4 - [time delay] - enter" to a certain key, then you will be able to keep trying to log into mugsi by pressing only a single key.

2. Use more than one source to log in... I was simultaneously using my computer and iPod to try to get in, double the odds I guess.

If you have a friend trying to log in:

This would work if you can add more than 10 courses, or if your friend is not taking a full year's worth- If your friend manages to get in, tell him/her to add the electives you think will be competitive on top of his/her regular term. Then you keep trying to log in while the friend stays at his/her comp. If you manage to get SOLAR up, message the friend and tell him/her to drop the course right before you go to add it. A spot should then be available.

Last Resort:

Give your friend who picked his/her courses your user and pass, and if worse comes to worse, he/she can act as your proxy and register for you if he/she gets in before you.

resh.jyoti likes this.
Old 06-14-2010 at 02:51 AM   #197
resh.jyoti

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
I'm seriously starting to wonder if MUGSI is just blocked. It's been 4 hours and no luck.. I thought everyone would've been done by now=/!!
SAME HERE! Really, people would be done by now. Maybe it crashed but it's displaying the same message?

Whatever it is, IT'S RIDICULOUS!

I give up, I'm waiting for the morning, I need sleeeeppppp...

Good luck!
Old 06-14-2010 at 03:03 AM   #198
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by resh.jyoti View Post
SAME HERE! Really, people would be done by now. Maybe it crashed but it's displaying the same message?

Whatever it is, IT'S RIDICULOUS!

I give up, I'm waiting for the morning, I need sleeeeppppp...

Good luck!
Thanks! You too! I know, I feel like a zombie right now.. but honestly I stayed up this long, I can't go to sleep without getting in [email protected]!
Old 06-14-2010 at 03:04 AM   #199
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Thanks! You too! I know, I feel like a zombie right now.. but honestly I stayed up this long, I can't go to sleep without getting in [email protected]!
Try sleeping every second day...

GuitarHero likes this.
Old 06-14-2010 at 03:29 AM   #200
Dulitha

Liked: Liked 4 Times

i hope the person who thought of the name mugsi dies.
Old 06-14-2010 at 08:25 AM   #201
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

I was told I failed the requirements for a course which has no pre reqs (that I know of, im looking everywhere to see some note or secret requirement)
Old 06-14-2010 at 08:31 AM   #202
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

yea...that happened to me with a course that i had all the prereqs for, i sent an email it's been 3 days and im still awaiting a reply
Old 06-14-2010 at 08:33 AM   #203
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDorkulateD View Post
yea...that happened to me with a course that i had all the prereqs for, i sent an email it's been 3 days and im still awaiting a reply
well mines only an elective so its not the end of the world. im wondering if the undergrad calendar has a typo or something, cause all the other courses on the page have eng tech pre reqs (and im no eng) ... but this one had nothing... maybe its a mistake
Old 06-14-2010 at 10:23 AM   #204
michaeljj

Liked: 0 Times

What do you do if your compulsory courses are all full at the moment. Are there chances of the courses becoming available later on because i am quite sure they messed this up and the should fix soon.
Old 06-14-2010 at 10:24 AM   #205
sf

Liked: 36 Times

If your compulsory courses are full you can contact your department and they will open up a seat for you.
Old 06-14-2010 at 11:54 AM   #206
resh.jyoti

WHY is it still full? WHY?!!?!?
Old 06-14-2010 at 03:45 PM   #207
deone

I got on relatively early and still the courses were full. And i absolutely NEEDED one and contacted the department but they didnt do anything about it. They said to keep rechecking solar and if it doesnt open theres nothing they can do.... :S
Old 06-14-2010 at 03:51 PM   #208
resh.jyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by deone View Post
I got on relatively early and still the courses were full. And i absolutely NEEDED one and contacted the department but they didnt do anything about it. They said to keep rechecking solar and if it doesnt open theres nothing they can do.... :S
Same thing here... *sigh* it seems that that is all they are telling EVERYONE these days.. maybe in August if we still can't get in they will get seats for you?
Old 06-14-2010 at 03:52 PM   #209
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

If you require a course to get your degree you're seeking (it isn't an elective course where you have a choice to take something else that may be open) then usually exceptions can be made so that you satisfy your course requirements. Just because a course is showing up as full does not mean it's full forever.

Read more: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=2848 3
Old 06-14-2010 at 04:02 PM   #210
deone

Quote:
Originally Posted by resh.jyoti View Post
Same thing here... *sigh* it seems that that is all they are telling EVERYONE these days.. maybe in August if we still can't get in they will get seats for you?
I was told every course has a seat capacity and no matter what they will not exceed it. Thats terrible considering some of us truly NEED a course in order to switch/graduate etc

Opening more seats isnt guaranteed and unfortunately its only for a few courses