MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sooo anyone here know about/did alevels before uni? =S DMe3 Academics 6 06-11-2010 03:41 PM
Okay, so I feel like an idiot.. Olivia. First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 30 03-08-2010 11:15 PM
Feel sad :( Don't know anyone Myaccount Residence & Housing 31 09-11-2009 09:24 PM
I feel so helpless. Please help. sad cypress General Discussion 8 07-14-2008 02:38 PM

i feel sooo drained !!

Old 11-19-2011 at 03:44 PM   #1
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

i feel sooo drained !!
sigghhhhh .....

this semester has been so packed, one assignment, midterm, or lab after another. labs, assignments, and mids all staking up. it feels as though no matter how much i get done, how much i keep telling myself its just this week and next week will be better, i always find myself having more and more work and every week is as packed as the previous. its been so packed for the past couple weeks that i feel like im completely drained at this point and my brain is completely dead ><

how do you guys get through this.... i still have 2 more weeks of intesne labs, essays, and assignments, and i feel as though i dont have the energy for it anymore .... (and there are exams after that but thankfully mine dont start till the middle of the 2nd week of exams)

so yea what are your energy boosting, brain reviving, things that keep you going techniques????

Last edited by Chevalier : 11-19-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-19-2011 at 03:57 PM   #2
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

TV breaks.

My shows keep me sane.

xxsumz says thanks to ikantsepll for this post.
Old 11-19-2011 at 04:01 PM   #3
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Ugh, I know EXACTLY how you feel. Drained is the perfect way to describe it!

As for saying sane...LOL. Interwebz?
Old 11-19-2011 at 04:28 PM   #4
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

whenever I need to take a breather from all the school work i have, i normally just watch anime to keep my mine off school. But only for a little bit.
Old 11-19-2011 at 04:40 PM   #5
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

I pretty much study 18 hours everyday. Movies keep me sane.
Old 11-19-2011 at 04:51 PM   #6
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

I remind myself that I'm graduating in just over 6 months... and movies.

aya017, Chevalier like this.
Old 11-19-2011 at 06:13 PM   #7
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

lol the amount of tv I started watching since I started univeristy...
I double task, tv and homework. Can't concentrate on programming right now because my wifi connection is too slow to stream or download any shows.

I was so happy because i only have one midterm left, then I wrote out a list of what I have to get done this week :|

I take comfort in knowing I am not the only one going through this. Other poeple, esp the girls in my program have the same stress levels.
Old 11-19-2011 at 06:45 PM   #8
Twelve Chars

Liked: 318 Times

Old 11-19-2011 at 07:06 PM   #9
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

I set up msn dates with friends whom I haven't spoken with for a while because of school work, and then I travel to their respective schools to visit them for a weekend. Then I come back feeling completely refreshed.

Chevalier likes this.
Old 11-20-2011 at 12:33 AM   #10
JeffZ

Liked: 7 Times

Sleep in. A lot. Or movies =P

Sleep is very refreshing...
Old 11-20-2011 at 09:30 AM   #11
inthemaking

Liked: 26 Times

TV
counting down the days until the end of the semester
going out with friends
Old 11-20-2011 at 11:47 AM   #12
katrinabell

Liked: 19 Times

For a quick energy boost or mood elevator I go for a short run in the mornings some days, about 30 mins. If you can't run very well or long mix in walking, or just walk alone if that's all you want. I did a learn to run program this semester at the Runner's Den in Westdale and I have so much more energy/less stress its awesome.

Geek, lux like this.
Old 11-20-2011 at 05:38 PM   #13
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrinabell View Post
For a quick energy boost or mood elevator I go for a short run in the mornings some days, about 30 mins. If you can't run very well or long mix in walking, or just walk alone if that's all you want. I did a learn to run program this semester at the Runner's Den in Westdale and I have so much more energy/less stress its awesome.
running is not my thing but maybe an early morning or late night bike ride might be nice thx

katrinabell likes this.
Old 11-20-2011 at 08:42 PM   #14
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

I set a day once every week where I can just be lazy without feeling guilty about it. So I have one Saturday every two weeks where I just sit around in my room, paint my nails, watch movies, clean, read, whatever. Things that keep me sane. I take a bit of random breaks during the day/week - i.e. read books in the bus, or listen to music, phone calls while I commute.

I'm in fourth year nursing so it's hectic. I can't miss a day of homework and not suffer for it a week - and I can't sleep late because I have to take care of patients, etc.. But I've found that scheduling some "me" time, scheduling friends in for lunches/dinners/parties helps.

In the end we still have to manage our time and that includes our mental health ; ) And that involves TV shows and all that jazz. Schedule that in so you can countdown to that day - not the end of the semester! Short term and long term goals!

Chevalier, luna like this.
Old 11-20-2011 at 09:00 PM   #15
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

if it makes u feel any better... next week is the last full week of school (i think)