MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First year Life Science luna First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-12-2010 12:55 AM
Life Science co-op third year? LBJ.MVP Academics 5 06-13-2010 03:05 PM
life science 2nd year programs kwyhan Academics 7 06-11-2010 07:22 PM
Is it possible to go into life science for 1 year then transfer into nursing 2nd year memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-21-2010 08:47 PM
Second Year Life Science kmer Academics 8 06-24-2009 12:37 PM

First Year Life Science

Old 05-14-2008 at 07:47 AM   #1
randomness

Liked: 0 Times

First Year Life Science
I'm pretty new to this forum, and I was wondering for life science first year, where would the majority of my classes be? And also, which rez are closest to those buildings?

Thanks
Old 05-14-2008 at 08:39 AM   #2
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Hi Randomness, welcome to MacInsiders! Great to see you posting in the forum

As you can see in the image below, the campus is split between sciences/engineering and the arts quad. Unfortunately for you, the sciences are usually on the side farthest away from the residences which are near the athletics stadium. However, class locations vary.

If I had to pick a residence I'd probably choose one that's closer to BSB: Moulton, Keyes, or Bates.

Click here for a detailed printable map.
Old 05-14-2008 at 08:49 AM   #3
randomness

thanks, and I have another question, how long exactly would it take me to walk from somewhere like McKay to the science area, cause the map isn't scaled, it's a bit difficult for me to make a judgement
Old 05-14-2008 at 08:54 AM   #4
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

I'd estimate 5-8 minutes.
Old 05-14-2008 at 09:34 AM   #5
Sarah13

Liked: 11 Times

Since first year science classes are so big, your lectures are not necessarily going to be in the "science" buildings. So even though I had some classes in ABB and BSB, I also had a ton in Arts Quad, which is like a two minute walk from McKay, Brandon, Whidden, and Woodstock.
Old 05-14-2008 at 10:20 AM   #6
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Good point, and very true. The large lecture halls are located all over campus, including the Arts Quad (large lecture halls in CNH and KTH). Also MDCL. McKay looks like a really great choice.
Old 05-14-2008 at 11:21 AM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

In any year your classes can be all over campus.

I had my fourth year CSCT/English seminar in the Life Sci building...

Damnit didn't anyone read my How to Choose A Residence article?

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-14-2008 at 04:22 PM   #8
randomness

i did read your article, but my first question was where would the 'majority' of my classes be. lol
your article was pretty helpful, and I read a couple of the other ones too

thanks
Old 05-14-2008 at 05:43 PM   #9
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Anywhere.

I had classes in 10 different places in first year.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement