MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini Fridges!! mustafa10 Bates Forum 2 09-09-2012 03:46 PM
Mini Fridges summercandy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-16-2011 12:57 AM
Fridges necessary? ricechrispy Residence & Housing 19 08-12-2011 09:20 AM
Fridges spiotrowski Moulton Hall Forum 20 07-21-2008 03:52 PM

Fridge Rental in Residence - Mandatory Rule

Old 07-13-2010 at 01:07 PM   #16
andr5550

Liked: 3 Times

this is so dumb, I already have one because we were supossed to be aloud them!
Old 07-13-2010 at 01:11 PM   #17
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by andr5550 View Post
Well, you won't be able to bring it during welcome week. But who's to say it doesn't magically appear at a later date...

Old 07-13-2010 at 01:15 PM   #18
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by etoilex3 View Post
argh! ANOTHER MONEY MAKING PLOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if McMaster signed a contract with Coldex to monopolize and get a cut out of the sales.
I'm basically thinking along the same lines, this is basically the same as the contract with Paradise catering and the "new" paid parking lots :(
Old 07-13-2010 at 01:30 PM   #19
amitoj

Liked: 15 Times

hahahaaha jhan523. I like the way you think. I think my fridge will appear sometime in mid sept...out of thin air. Lol
Old 07-13-2010 at 01:31 PM   #20
amitoj

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by andr5550 View Post
aloud?? lol
Old 07-13-2010 at 01:41 PM   #21
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
And "in good working order"? Seriously, who would bring a fridge that works half-assed?
heh, my fridge works half-assed. Actually it's more like, the front half is too lazy to get cold, and the back half does twice as much work and freezes.

I try to position my food in the middle :p.
Old 07-13-2010 at 01:43 PM   #22
hyvaa

Liked: 14 Times

total BS lolol.
someone's making $$$ back there..
Old 07-13-2010 at 01:45 PM   #23
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
heh, my fridge works half-assed. Actually it's more like, the front half is too lazy to get cold, and the back half does twice as much work and freezes.

I try to position my food in the middle :p.
Lol, your fridge must be pretty empty then... But most fridges are like that anyways. The door is warmer than the inside of the fridge, I'm pretty sure that's why the butter is supposed to go in the door. And humidity is normally at the bottom, which is where you put your fruits/vegetables. Although that doesn't matter in a mini-fridge. I guess yours is just extreme.
Old 07-13-2010 at 01:52 PM   #24
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

Honestly you probably won't even need the extra fridge. As they mentioned, no matter which room you're in you'll have a fridge of some sort that you can put your stuff in. I had a triple room with one mini fridge and we never had a problem with space or anything.

Old 07-13-2010 at 01:53 PM   #25
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingénieur.xo View Post
Honestly you probably won't even need the extra fridge. As they mentioned, no matter which room you're in you'll have a fridge of some sort that you can put your stuff in. I had a triple room with one mini fridge and we never had a problem with space or anything.
That's only the case for rooms with a fridge already, like Keyes, Bates, and triples (I think quads also get a fridge). But singles and doubles aren't provided with fridges.
Old 07-13-2010 at 01:55 PM   #26
andr5550

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Well, you won't be able to bring it during welcome week. But who's to say it doesn't magically appear at a later date...
Lmao pretty much....it will just appear in my room out of the blue one day...no idea how it got there....
Old 07-13-2010 at 01:58 PM   #27
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
That's only the case for rooms with a fridge already, like Keyes, Bates, and triples (I think quads also get a fridge). But singles and doubles aren't provided with fridges.
Ya I knew that, but then there's the large fridges in the common room. And if you don't want to leave your stuff in there then do what they said and rent one... it's not the end of the world.

Old 07-13-2010 at 02:02 PM   #28
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Ya I knew that, but then there's the large fridges in the common room. And if you don't want to leave your stuff in there then do what they said and rent one... it's not the end of the world.
A fridge for an entire floor isn't very spacious. We're just saying that the price to rent a fridge costs as much as to actually buy one, which doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You might as well buy one and keep it for future use for the same price as renting one for 8 months.
Old 07-13-2010 at 02:06 PM   #29
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
not the end of the world, but it you live on Campus each of your 4 years and prefere to have a fridge in your room, you'll now be paying 4 times the cost of just buying a fridge in your first year, heck, even if you're not staying on campus after having a fridge in your room is nice so now you'll have to buy a fridge after renting one in your first year. This situation seems to only benefit Coldex (and McMaster since I'm assuming they'll be making a nice cut from this deal as well) at a cost to the students, we have a right to be upset about it.

Last edited by Tailsnake : 07-13-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-13-2010 at 02:12 PM   #30
anavc

Liked: 0 Times

so if we ... quietly bring out own fridge later, do you think they could confiscate it?